• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. deficit spikes 42% in 1st Q of fiscal year

Indeed.

1. GOP blows up the deficit
2. Dems spend eight years bringing it back down, while the GOP bemoans the mounting debt.
3. GOP regains power and blows up the deficit again.

The good news for all you phony liberal deficit hawks is that democrats now control the House. All funding begins there so your fears of runaway deficits are over.

He was President when budgets ended in Sep 2017 and Sep 2018. He was President when budgets started in Oct 2017 and Oct 2018. Just like Obama in 09 and 10.

If you blame one, you have to blame both.

Yes he was and the fiscal year of the U.S. begins in October and ends in September which you probably didn't understand. Fiscal year 2018 budget deficit is up 17% from the last Obama budget and almost all of that was due to interest expense increases due to 4 interest rate hikes and entitlement spending increases none of which have anything to do with Trump. Trump did what he could do, not taking a salary, reducing the executive branch spending and without a budget approved by Congress how is he responsible for the 2018 deficit? You totally ignored that obama signed the 2009 budget that you still want to blame on Bush

Yes he was and the fiscal year of the U.S. begins in October and ends in September which you probably didn't understand.
I literally said budgets end in September and start in October. Why are you posting such horribly obvious lies?

Your propaganda is getting nonsensical. Perhaps someone should press the reset button?

The good news for all you phony liberal deficit hawks is that democrats now control the House. All funding begins there so your fears of runaway deficits are over.

An important check on GOP profligacy, no doubt.

I literally said budgets end in September and start in October. Why are you posting such horribly obvious lies?

Your propaganda is getting nonsensical. Perhaps someone should press the reset button?

And what lies would that be, that the fiscal year of the U.S. runs from October to September?? You seem to have a reading comprehension problem as I agreed with you on the budget years.

But where is the Tea Party? They shut down the government for less when we had a black President.

The one I noted in my post.

Seriously, somewhat needs to press the reset button for you.

What you posted was an opinion and opinions that I lied but you have posted NONE supported by data. Date seems to be a foreign concept to you whereas personal opinions, media reports, and radical ideology is truthful

it is rather interesting how you promote the belief that Trump was responsible for 2017 and Bush responsible for 2009, you don't see a disconnect here or a double standard?

What you posted was an opinion
It was not. It wasn't even close. You should try reading a post before replying to it.

You're not making me laugh with your stupid propaganda anymore. If you're not going to entertain me, then why should I stick around to point out your silliness? C'mon, you can do better than that.

It was not. It wasn't even close. You should try reading a post before replying to it.

You're not making me laugh with your stupid propaganda anymore. If you're not going to entertain me, then why should I stick around to point out your silliness? C'mon, you can do better than that.

Here is what you said and what I responded to so tell me where I lied?

When did I disagree with that statement? What was the budget deficit the end of 2017 and then the end of 2018? ACTUAL?????

so tell me where I lied?

Me: He was President when budgets ended in Sep 2017 and Sep 2018. He was President when budgets started in Oct 2017 and Oct 2018. Just like Obama in 09 and 10.
You: Yes he was and the fiscal year of the U.S. begins in October and ends in September which you probably didn't understand.
Me: I literally said budgets end in September and start in October. Why are you posting such horribly obvious lies?

Me: He was President when budgets ended in Sep 2017 and Sep 2018. He was President when budgets started in Oct 2017 and Oct 2018. Just like Obama in 09 and 10.
You: Yes he was and the fiscal year of the U.S. begins in October and ends in September which you probably didn't understand.
Me: I literally said budgets end in September and start in October. Why are you posting such horribly obvious lies?
I can't believe how poorly informed you are. Obama signed the 2009 budget Trump did not sign the 2017 budget you don't seem to understand the difference. Trump's first fiscal year and first budget was 2018 and he did what he could by reducing the executive branch spending, Congress failed to authorize a budget for 2018 thanks to your Democratic Party

Now we all know when a deficit Hawk you are so with the Democrats in charge of the house I am sure that the budget deficit will be reduced as it will be paid for by all those evil rich people

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I can't believe how poorly informed you are.
I have caught you posting lies and I have caught you with obvious partisan hackery.

Your propaganda is weakening. Step it up or I'm going to have to find someone else to entertain me.

I have caught you posting lies and I have caught you with obvious partisan hackery.

Your propaganda is weakening. Step it up or I'm going to have to find someone else to entertain me.
You wouldn't know a lie if it bit you in the ass because that is what you do with every post.

There was no lie the fiscal year for 2017 ended in September there was no Trump budget for 2017 and Trump did what he could by reducing the executive branch spending. The rest of the spending was done by continuing resolutions and it wasn't spending alone that drove up the deficit, and the last quarter 2016 and the first quarter 2017 we're totally Obama's economic policies and create most of the deficit for fiscal year 2017.

You appear to be clueless when it comes to basic Civic as well as research of actual results

Calling me a liar is what desperate liberals do and all you're doing is making a fool of yourself

You wouldn't know a lie
I already proved the one you told. :shrug:

Throw on top of that the obvious partisanship I exposed when you blamed Obama for deficits but not Trump, despite them being in the exact same situation. :shrug:

This is your last chance, if you cannot push propaganda any better than this, I'm going to find someone else to entertain me. The posting of lies should not be this obvious. You were making me laugh earlier, I know you can do it. C'mon Conservative, give me your best!

I already proved the one you told. :shrug:

Throw on top of that the obvious partisanship I exposed when you blamed Obama for deficits but not Trump, despite them being in the exact same situation. :shrug:

This is your last chance, if you cannot push propaganda any better than this, I'm going to find someone else to entertain me. The posting of lies should not be this obvious. You were making me laugh earlier, I know you can do it. C'mon Conservative, give me your best!

You really never took civics did you? There was no TRUMP budget in 2017 and there was no Trump budget in 2018. THERE WAS AN OBAMA BUDGET in 2009, he signed it thus he owned it. Entertain you? I have no interest in entertaining you and your misguided ego

I will hold Trump responsible for the debt at the end of his Administration, not one budget year into it

You really never took civics did you? There was no TRUMP budget in 2017 and there was no Trump budget in 2018. THERE WAS AN OBAMA BUDGET in 2009, he signed it thus he owned it. Entertain you? I have no interest in entertaining you and your misguided ego

I will hold Trump responsible for the debt at the end of his Administration, not one budget year into it
Oh Conservative, I am disappointed. You can do better than this. I know you can.

At the end of the day, there is no difference in the situations Obama and Trump both found themselves in, but you blame deficits on Obama, but not Trump (who has signed multiple spending bills, which you know and are not telling the truth about). Partisan hackery to the extreme.

Have a great day and if you decide you want to be entertaining again, I'll be happy to come back.

The problem with Trumpenomics is that sooner or later you run out of other peoples money

Oh Conservative, I am disappointed. You can do better than this. I know you can.

At the end of the day, there is no difference in the situations Obama and Trump both found themselves in, but you blame deficits on Obama, but not Trump (who has signed multiple spending bills, which you know and are not telling the truth about). Partisan hackery to the extreme.

Have a great day and if you decide you want to be entertaining again, I'll be happy to come back.
Old sly I am not surprised at all by your comments as you are totally clueless when it comes to economic activity and the components of GDP Plus the budget process. Still waiting for you to tell me how a president spends money without Authority from Congress? Obama signed the 2009 budget in March 2009, Trump had no 2017 budget all the continuing resolutions were done by Obama.

I am not at all disappointed by your rhetoric and your opinions because they were totally expected. The radical left including you are very poorly educated on Civics and understanding of how budgets are created and who actually spends the money without a budget.

I indeed will hold Trump responsible for the results at the end of his term not one year into his term. Obama generated 9.3 trillion dollars in debt over his eight years. That is the target and the numbers did I expect Trump to beat

You on the other hand want to hold Trump accountable for the 2018 deficit even though he had no authority to spend money while ignoring that what he did control, the executive branch budget, he cut

The problem with Trumpenomics is that sooner or later you run out of other peoples money
Nice liberal spin because that is the definition of liberalism, people who spend other people's money until they run out of it and then they blame the other side for the poor choices they make and not authorizing higher taxes to fund the liberal spending appetite

Nice liberal spin because that is the definition of liberalism, people who spend other people's money until they run out of it and then they blame the other side for the poor choices they make and not authorizing higher taxes to fund the liberal spending appetite

Exactly what Trump is doing.

That is your opinion with no data to support it

Did Trump lower taxes or increase them? (hint option a)
Did Trump lower or increase the deficit and thus the debt? (hint read the OP)

The data completely supports this. Wow you completely owned yourself on this one

Back
Top Bottom