• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. deficit spikes 42% in 1st Q of fiscal year

Do you know what a Projection is?? What is the deficit for 2020, 2021,2022, 2023 in Post 109? For that matter what is the Deficit for 2019 when the fiscal year ends in September 2019?

Incorrect!

A deficit is an instance where revenue is less than expenses. With the unexpected plunge in Decembers retail sales numbers, the deficit projections will surely be revised upward in the coming months, and given the headwinds facing the global economy, we will be lucky to achieve 2% rGDP growth in calendar year 2019.

So 42% of what?

It's in the OP:

OP said:
The U.S. budget deficit totaled $318.9 billion in the first quarter of the 2019 fiscal year, a 41.8% increase from the same period last year, according to data released by the Treasury Department.

Reading comprehension continues to be an issue for you.

Do you know what a deficit is?
Its a simple yes/no question
I ask because it appears from your posts (that never deal with what I am saying) that you do not

Yes I know what a deficit is, do you? You obviously are quite brilliant as you know what the deficit already is for fiscal year 2019 that ends in September 2019, and amazingly the deficits for 2020, 2021,2022, 2023 making you a true legend in your own mind. Post 109

Yes I know what a deficit is, do you? You obviously are quite brilliant as you know what the deficit already is for fiscal year 2019 that ends in September 2019, and amazingly the deficits for 2020, 2021,2022, 2023 making you a true legend in your own mind. Post 109
You have shown absolutely no comprehension of the term deficit
Now are you illiterate?
Go back to post 109. READ IT!
You will be able to find the deficits for 2016, 2017 2018 are those projections in tour fantasy world?
Now what is happening to the amounts? are the numbers getting bigger or smaller?
I know this is hard stuff for a guy living in fantasy land to comprehend but If you let me slowly take you to the actual information maybe just maybe you will have an epiphany (you can look that word up on google)
and realize that Trumpenomics is about spending more and more money the govt doesn't have.

You have shown absolutely no comprehension of the term deficit
Now are you illiterate?
Go back to post 109. READ IT!
You will be able to find the deficits for 2016, 2017 2018 are those projections in tour fantasy world?
Now what is happening to the amounts? are the numbers getting bigger or smaller?
I know this is hard stuff for a guy living in fantasy land to comprehend but If you let me slowly take you to the actual information maybe just maybe you will have an epiphany (you can look that word up on google)
and realize that Trumpenomics is about spending more and more money the govt doesn't have.

Stunning, declining deficits that added 9.3 trillion to the debt is totally ignored as was the Republican Congress and sequester. Let me know when Trump has his first trillion dollar deficit, Obama had four of them.

Trump's first budget year was 2018 and the deficit was up 17% over 2017 which is about 124 billion dollars. Then you go and tack on 2019 that doesn't end until Sept. post projections for 2020-2021-2022-2023 ALL PROJECTIONS. You really are one poorly informed individual. Please take a civics class

Do you have a Democratic Presidential candidate that is going to attack the deficits and debt?

Incorrect!

A deficit is an instance where revenue is less than expenses. With the unexpected plunge in Decembers retail sales numbers, the deficit projections will surely be revised upward in the coming months, and given the headwinds facing the global economy, we will be lucky to achieve 2% rGDP growth in calendar year 2019.

As is typical of leftists it is always about the federal bureaucrats getting more money and never about spending. The gov't shutdown began in December which ended up hurting December sales HOWEVER 300,000 jobs were created and those are taxpayers. Maybe you don't understand that employed people is a good thing for revenue growth especially when they are full time employees.

Deficit projections during the Obama term never predicted the four straight years of trillion dollar deficits so when Trump exceeds a trillion dollars in deficits I am sure I can count on you letting us know but as it appears now we are headed for well over a trillion dollars in less debt during the Trump 8 year term than Obama's. Amazing how the Obama spending stimulus saw employment drop 4 million 2009 and never recovered to pre recession levels until 2014 showing just how poor the Obama economic policies were

Stunning, declining deficits that added 9.3 trillion to the debt is totally ignored as was the Republican Congress and sequester. Let me know when Trump has his first trillion dollar deficit, Obama had four of them.
So you are iliterate.
The deficits have been increasing sicne Trump took office

Trump's first budget year was 2018 and the deficit was up 17% over 2017 which is about 124 billion dollars. Then you go and tack on 2019 that doesn't end until Sept. post projections for 2020-2021-2022-2023 ALL PROJECTIONS. You really are one poorly informed individual. Please take a civics class
Now you are admitting deficts are increasing Under Trump, contrary to yourt previous sentence. I mean what kind of world do you live in where déficits increase and decrease at the same time?
Please go back to elementary school because dropping out was a bad move on your part

Do you have a Democratic Presidential candidate that is going to attack the deficits and debt?
Have I posted anything promoting a democrat?
Pathetic attempt to divert from the liberal economic policies of Trump.

Still no evidence you have any clue what a deficit is and no admitssion on your part you made a pathetic strawman in a pathetic attempt to divert away from your presidents liberal economic policies.

So you are iliterate.
The deficits have been increasing sicne Trump took office

Now you are admitting deficts are increasing Under Trump, contrary to yourt previous sentence. I mean what kind of world do you live in where déficits increase and decrease at the same time?
Please go back to elementary school because dropping out was a bad move on your part

Have I posted anything promoting a democrat?
Pathetic attempt to divert from the liberal economic policies of Trump.

Still no evidence you have any clue what a deficit is and no admitssion on your part you made a pathetic strawman in a pathetic attempt to divert away from your presidents liberal economic policies.

Again, projections aren't actual numbers, actual numbers show that Trump hasn't had a trillion dollar deficit and Obama had four of them. This entire argument of yours is pathetic ignorance of basic civics and even the budget. Where did Trump get his spending authority without Congressional approval? Deficit spikes 42% in first qtr. of 2019, October to December thus in your world one quarter makes a fiscal year and because the deficit is up how it rose doesn't matter as long as you can blame Trump?

You want lower deficits? Great, support the 2019 Trump budget proposal!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/trump-budget-2019/?utm_term=.b4e47c54dcf2

Again, projections aren't actual numbers, actual numbers show that Trump hasn't had a trillion dollar deficit and Obama had four of them. This entire argument of yours is pathetic ignorance of basic civics and even the budget. Where did Trump get his spending authority without Congressional approval? Deficit spikes 42% in first qtr. of 2019, October to December thus in your world one quarter makes a fiscal year and because the deficit is up how it rose doesn't matter as long as you can blame Trump?

You want lower deficits? Great, support the 2019 Trump budget proposal!

Aagin I am not tralking projections
You fail at math go back to elementary school my liberal friend

There is no way to pretend that Trumpenomics is not about increasing the deficits (I strongly sugegst you look up the meaning of the term)
All you can do is pretend the sky is orange and clouds are actually marshmellows

There's 2 times when a country should never cut taxes.. 1- at a time of war and 2- when the economy is going strong.

Bush cut taxes while we were at war and Trump cut them while the economy was going strong.

That's all the proof anyone needs to see why we have debt and that Republicans are complete morons when it comes to economics.

Aagin I am not tralking projections
You fail at math go back to elementary school my liberal friend

There is no way to pretend that Trumpenomics is not about increasing the deficits (I strongly sugegst you look up the meaning of the term)
All you can do is pretend the sky is orange and clouds are actually marshmellows

The only budget deficit Trump has is the 2018 deficit of approximately 774 billion dollars, his first budget year. Fiscal year 2017 was October 2016 to September 2017 with two quarters of that belonging to Obama. Not sure even what point you are trying to make but you are showing total and complete ignorance on this issue. Your post 109 shows DEFICIT PROJECTIONS FOR 2019-2013 and actual prior years. Apparently declining deficits that added 9.3 trillion to the debt still doesn't resonate with you. Let me know when Trump has his first trillion dollar deficit? You obviously don't have a clue about basic civics or the line times in the budget that generated the deficits

There's 2 times when a country should never cut taxes.. 1- at a time of war and 2- when the economy is going strong.

Bush cut taxes while we were at war and Trump cut them while the economy was going strong.

That's all the proof anyone needs to see why we have debt and that Republicans are complete morons when it comes to economics.

So your idea of a strong economy is 1.8% growth then 1.8%? Interesting!! I am sure the federal bureaucrats appreciate your support as you have been indoctrinated well

Why is it you radicals never post data supporting your claims of strong economic growth? Could it be because the numbers don't support those claims?

Last edited:
The only budget deficit Trump has is the 2018 deficit of approximately 774 billion dollars, his first budget year. Fiscal year 2017 was October 2016 to September 2017 with two quarters of that belonging to Obama. Not sure even what point you are trying to make but you are showing total and complete ignorance on this issue. Your post 109 shows DEFICIT PROJECTIONS FOR 2019-2013 and actual prior years. Apparently declining deficits that added 9.3 trillion to the debt still doesn't resonate with you. Let me know when Trump has his first trillion dollar deficit? You obviously don't have a clue about basic civics or the line times in the budget that generated the deficits
So the 2009 deficit wasnt on Obama then? I guess well chalk that up to his republican predecessor (not sure how 3 1/2 months makes 2 quarters but I am sure with your math classes anything is possible

My point is Trump is increassing the deficits every year There is no denying that (well not hoenstly, but then you liberals dont care about Truth do you.)

Pathetic you are constantly trying to go back to Obama do you have some delusion that I supported him, or is it just a pathetic (that word describes you so well) attempt at whataboutism?

So the 2009 deficit wasnt on Obama then? I guess well chalk that up to his republican predecessor (not sure how 3 1/2 months makes 2 quarters but I am sure with your math classes anything is possible

My point is Trump is increassing the deficits every year There is no denying that (well not hoenstly, but then you liberals dont care about Truth do you.)

Pathetic you are constantly trying to go back to Obama do you have some delusion that I supported him, or is it just a pathetic (that word describes you so well) attempt at whataboutism?

This is truly embarrassing you civics challenged liberal. Who signed the 2009 budget, Bush or Obama? Trump increasing the deficits every year is a PROJECTION as he has only had one budget year. This is truly a pathetic indictment of the education system in this country and an embarrassment to the school that you attended.

Whining and complaining is what you do as you never offer alternatives to the candidates we have to choose from. Whining and complaining don't solve problems proposals do and you have offered none just taking cheap shots at President Trump over an issue you don't understand

This is truly embarrassing you civics challenged liberal. Who signed the 2009 budget, Bush or Obama? Trump increasing the deficits every year is a PROJECTION as he has only had one budget year. This is truly a pathetic indictment of the education system in this country and an embarrassment to the school that you attended.

Whining and complaining is what you do as you never offer alternatives to the candidates we have to choose from. Whining and complaining don't solve problems proposals do and you have offered none just taking cheap shots at President Trump over an issue you don't understand

yes this is embarassing, You are trying to blame Obama for 2009 but clear Trump of 2017

You dont understand anything

I would suggest you stop posting but I rather enjoy seeing a fake conservative like you make an utter fool of themselves

yes this is embarassing, You are trying to blame Obama for 2009 but clear Trump of 2017

I would suggest you stop posting but I rather enjoy seeing a fake conservative like you make an utter fool of themselves

I keep asking this yokel to explain how Obama could have avoided deficits without destroying the worlds economy and ours in particular. Say the deficit in 2010 was one trillion. Conservative says Obama over spent, etc. So I asked him to cut one trillion from the budget in 2010. Crickets. This is how you respond to imbeciles like him.

Amazing how the Obama spending stimulus saw employment drop 4 million 2009 and never recovered to pre recession levels until 2014 showing just how poor the Obama economic policies were

The Obama administration got us through the Lesser Depression. Your opinion is based on partisan ignorance and a failure to properly analyze the appropriate data.

Conservative, doesn't seem to understand that even if the President doesn't sign the budget into law he has to sign CR's and that also drives up the deficit and the debt and he is responsible for that debt.
The incoming President takes over the responsibility for the budget and the debt when the fiscal year starts on Oct 1 of the year he takes office
in 2018 deficit of approximately 774 billion dollars, but the debt went up 1,271,158,167,126.72
On Oct 1 of 2017 it was just over 20,244,900,016,053.51 and on Sept 28, 2018 it was 21,516,058,183,180.23
that is more in one year then Obama ran it up in 5 out of the 8 years he was in office.

Obama's first year was the worst it was 1.651 Trillion
his second year was 1,228 Trillion just over what Trump did in his first year, and Obama was still dealing with the recession
Obama's 3rd year was 1.265 Trillion that was lower then trumps first year
Obama's 4th year it was 671.9 Billion
5th year 1.08 Trillion
6th year 326 billion
7th year 1.422 trillion
and Obama's 8th year 671 Billion
You can add Obama's 4th and 6th years together and it is lower then Trumps first year and you can add Obama's 6th and 8th years together and they are lower then Trumps first year.
and the deficit and debt are expected to go up this year.
IF Trump keeps going like this he will by pass Obama in no time
have a nice day

Conservative, doesn't seem to understand that even if the President doesn't sign the budget into law he has to sign CR's and that also drives up the deficit and the debt and he is responsible for that debt.
The incoming President takes over the responsibility for the budget and the debt when the fiscal year starts on Oct 1 of the year he takes office
in 2018 deficit of approximately 774 billion dollars, but the debt went up 1,271,158,167,126.72
On Oct 1 of 2017 it was just over 20,244,900,016,053.51 and on Sept 28, 2018 it was 21,516,058,183,180.23
that is more in one year then Obama ran it up in 5 out of the 8 years he was in office.

his second year was 1,228 Trillion just over what Trump did in his first year, and Obama was still dealing with the recession
5th year 1.08 Trillion
6th year 326 billion
7th year 1.422 trillion
You can add Obama's 4th and 6th years together and it is lower then Trumps first year and you can add Obama's 6th and 8th years together and they are lower then Trumps first year.
have a nice day
PS
Obama's first fiscal year is 2010 starting on Oct 1 of 2009
Have a nice day

5th year 1.08 Trillion
6th year 326 billion
7th year 1.422 trillion
have a nice day
Correction Obama's 2nd year in office was just lower then trumps first
Obama's was 1.228 Trillion and Trumps was 1,271 trillion making it that Obama ran the debt up 6 out of 8 years lower then Trumps first year.
Obama's first and 7th years are the only ones he ran the debt up more then Trumps first year
sorry and have a nice day

The Obama administration got us through the Lesser Depression. Your opinion is based on partisan ignorance and a failure to properly analyze the appropriate data.
Take it up with recovery.Org that tracks the Obama stimulus spending because it sure doesn't support your claim. So since the stimulus money wasn't spent cannot wait to hear from you as to exactly what Obama did to bring us out of recession?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

5th year 1.08 Trillion
6th year 326 billion
7th year 1.422 trillion
have a nice day

he doenst know what a deficit is

he doenst know what a deficit is
he doesn't understand that a President has to sign CR's to run the government and they go on the debt and they are almost the same as signing a budget.
IF we don't have any money to spend it has to go on the debt
and Trump has already run the debt up more then Obama did in 6 out of the 8 years he was in office
Given time IF Trump keeps going he will run the debt up more then Obama did
Have a nice day

he doesn't understand that a President has to sign CR's to run the government and they go on the debt and they are almost the same as signing a budget.
IF we don't have any money to spend it has to go on the debt
and Trump has already run the debt up more then Obama did in 6 out of the 8 years he was in office
Given time IF Trump keeps going he will run the debt up more then Obama did
Have a nice day
The real question is does he not know or does he not want to know?

The real question is does he not know or does he not want to know?

It doesn't appear that either you or the other poster have any idea what items are in the budget and what constitutes the deficit. You obviously believe Trump is responsible for 2017 deficit even though 2017 fiscal year includes October-December 2016 and first qtr. 2017. then there is the issue of your post 109 which PROJECTS deficits which ARE'T ACTUAL so maybe it is you that doesn't understand what an official deficit is along with what makes up those deficits.

This obviously is a cry for attention on your part but you are showing complete ignorance of not only the fiscal year but also what constitutes the deficits and the responsibility of Congress to authorize ALL Spending. Apparently civics isn't being taught in your school. How exactly did Trump create deficits with no spending authority?

Back
Top Bottom