• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Philadelphia's Top Prosecutor Is Prepared to Arrest Federal Agents

Trump is doing more to instigate an armed conflict with blue states than he is in confronting the pandemic.

Hate to break it to you buddy boy, but not backing down from a lawless mob isn't "instigating".

What you said would be like a woman refusing to willfully lay down on her back during a rape "instigated" a violent beating from the rapist.

Joining an unlawful gathering which assembled for a violent unlawfulpurpose

It’s sad really because this woman likely suffers mental illness or has suffered abuse as a child and instead of getting help she’s revealing herself in public

Good lord I feel sorry for your wife....get over not liking the actions of women that you have no control over.

I am speaking about the guy who was snatched into an unmarked van...

Do you know his name or any details about his "snatching"?

One Portland demonstrator, Mark Pettibone, 29, said he had been part of the protests before four people in camouflage jumped out of an unmarked van around 2 a.m. Wednesday. They had no obvious markings or identification, he said, and he had no idea who they were.
“One of the officers said, ‘It’s OK, it’s OK,’ and just grabbed me and threw me into the van,” Mr. Pettibone said. “Another officer pulled my beanie down so I couldn’t see.”
Mr. Pettibone said that he was terrified — protesters in the city have in the past clashed with far-right militia groups also wearing camouflage and tactical gear — and that at no point was he told why he was arrested or detained, or what agency the officers were with. He said he was held for about two hours before being released.

what federal law are they enforcing? Remember, there were no federal crimes committed by the person they snatched

Local Police CAN Arrest Federal Agents: It just happened in Salt Lake City | | Tenth Amendment Center

Byron McDonald, a lieutenant with the Bureau of Indian Affairs Justice Services, was arrested by Salt Lake City Police after he allegedly pointed a gun at an Uber driver Oct. 20. McDonald, who had been drinking with friends, became hostile to the driver once he dropped his friends off, according to KUTV. He allegedly pulled a gun on the driver, causing him to flee and call 911.

The following day, McDonald was taken into custody and charged with felony aggravated assault by Salt Lake City’s District Attorney, who stated that the Uber driver’s account was matched hotel security cameras which recorded the incident.

McDonald was able to get out on bail several days later.

The Department of the Interior, which oversees the Bureau of Indian Affairs, released a statement regarding the incident shortly after saying McDonald had been on official travel at the time of the incident.

Notice that nowhere did the DOT or Mcanyone.of

laim he had some authority or privilege that prevented his arrest. The DOT did not say in their statement that the local police had no authority over federal police. In short, there is no controversy over whether or not local police have the authority to arrest federal police accused of violating state laws.

So, if an agent violates local law...they can be arrested...

Officer McDonald presumably doesn't have the right to pull his gun on an uber driver when not working.
Interfering with a federal investigation is called obstruction. I thought we had discussed all this during the collusion battles.

That’s the cover story. What they are doing before our very eyes is flagrantly violating citizen’s rights. If Trump gets away with it, he’ll expand it to lock down power and stay in office.

You are smarter than this.
The Constitution prescribes the exact method of counting the votes. And you know that Trump, nor any president, has any say in it.

One Portland demonstrator, Mark Pettibone, 29, said he had been part of the protests before four people in camouflage jumped out of an unmarked van around 2 a.m. Wednesday. They had no obvious markings or identification, he said, and he had no idea who they were.
“One of the officers said, ‘It’s OK, it’s OK,’ and just grabbed me and threw me into the van,” Mr. Pettibone said. “Another officer pulled my beanie down so I couldn’t see.”
Mr. Pettibone said that he was terrified — protesters in the city have in the past clashed with far-right militia groups also wearing camouflage and tactical gear — and that at no point was he told why he was arrested or detained, or what agency the officers were with. He said he was held for about two hours before being released.

Yep-- the oft cited ONE.
And he was released.

Thanks. All we have is his account, so there might be other reasons why he was detained. He says he was part of the protesters. Maybe he was, and maybe he was part of the rioters. What was he wearing? What was he doing when he was detained?

Officer McDonald presumably doesn't have the right to pull his gun on an uber driver when not working.
Interfering with a federal investigation is called obstruction. I thought we had discussed all this during the collusion battles.

They also do not have the right to violate anyone's civil rights while working

He was grabbed off of the street and forced into the unmarked van and was definately not free to go. We also know his Miranda rights nor the agency he was aprehended by were provided....nor the reason he was being arrested...because at that point you are under arrest.

Yep-- the oft cited ONE.
And he was released.

That doesn't make the violation of rights suddenly okay either...a US citizen was detained by immigration authorities some time back, held for months...he was released too...it was still a violation of his rights, because he was a US citizen, not subject to deportation and the detention was illegal....being released doesn't absolve the illegal detention.

Thanks. All we have is his account, so there might be other reasons why he was detained. He says he was part of the protesters. Maybe he was, and maybe he was part of the rioters. What was he wearing? What was he doing when he was detained?

They aren't denying they detained him or that this was the way it happened...they are aruging they had the right to do it.

They aren't denying they detained him or that this was the way it happened...they are aruging they had the right to do it.

Ok.. And? He was released.
What's the issue?

He was grabbed off of the street and forced into the unmarked van and was definately not free to go. We also know his Miranda rights nor the agency he was aprehended by were provided....nor the reason he was being arrested...because at that point you are under arrest.

LOL! You don't know his name either! :lamo

Who is arguing they had the right to do it? And do they have the right? In a chaos of a full-blown riot, they might.

And why did they detain him? What was he doing? Was he wearing full-on rioting gear? All we have is his side of the story.

In any case, this one guy doesn't change the fact that there were rioters and looters who wanted to firebomb the federal courthouse in Portland. A lot of them. They were arrested and are being charged.

That doesn't make the violation of rights suddenly okay either...a US citizen was detained by immigration authorities some time back, held for months...he was released too...it was still a violation of his rights, because he was a US citizen, not subject to deportation and the detention was illegal....being released doesn't absolve the illegal detention.

Ok. Then it's investigated and the problem is dealt with.

How about we detain you, for no reason, and then claim it's ok because we released you 5 hours later?

But who said it was "for no reason"? The guy being detained?
I thought we established during the federal investigation of Mr. Trump for conspiracy that the feds are allowed to make mistakes?

Fox News has convinced its viewers that their political opponents should not be allowed to participate in the same political and legal system.

What can you say about this post?

Only this: :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::wow:

But who said it was "for no reason"? The guy being detained?
I thought we established during the federal investigation of Mr. Trump for conspiracy that the feds are allowed to make mistakes?

Ok, then give me a fact pattern where it is justifiable to swoop someone off the street who was doing nothing illegal or confrontational, put a bag on their head, push them into an unmarked SUV and hold them for hours without explanation or charges? Maybe in some totalitarian country, but not here -- for now.

Why do you have the inclination to defend the indefensible?

What can you say about this post?

Only this: :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::wow:

Maria Bartiromo asks why DHS can't "just arrest the leadership in Portland" for "ignoring what's really happening" | Media Matters for America

Maria Bartiromo asks why DHS can't “just arrest the leadership in Portland” for “ignoring what's really happening”

totallnormalyeahokay.jpg

LOL

LMAO

ROFL

MAGA

The federal agents are just TROLLING you HAHAHAHAHAHGAHAHAHAHA
\
they aren't really arrestingf people

LOL

LMAO

ROFL

MAGA

If it gets out of hand, it will be the fault of the communist rioters, not the Feds.

Show us how Federal agents don't have the authority to protect Federal installations. I can't ****ing wait to here this argument.

I have no argument against them protecting federal installations, but they have in no way shape or form limited themselves to that.

Back
Top Bottom