• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ford lawyers say she is open to testifying, but not Monday

Im going to preference "Could"

Secondly JANFU, you make all the CRITICAL points!

The biggest Saddest issue I see. Nothing in there highlights JUSTICE for Ford or even Kavannah regardless of the out come.

ITS ALL Highlighted about a conservative pick for SCOTUS, mid terms and control of house and senate in 2018

NO REAL cause for the fact that a women accuses a man of sexual assault..... THEY DONT care......that seems greatly evident?

They do not have interest in if he did assault her, and also screwed over Anita Hill, they rushed with Judge K to have him on the Bench for 1 Oct, and a party talking point in the mid terms.

hes heading the warning to BE QUITE LOL........Smart in front of the mid terms if you ask me.... say something dumb and MORE women will hate him......
I really don't think it's possible for more women to not to like him.
At this point either they do or don't I really don't think there are many left sitting on the fence...

I disagree, the GOP would benefit greatly from her testifying for two reasons:

The holes in her story:
Where it happened
When it happened
Who was there
How she got there
How she got home
Why they were there
(these are all things she has yet to answer)
Greatly discredit her story. I WAS raped, I remember when, who, why and what went on. I can name every person involved, where it happened, the time, date. Clear as a bell. It's not fun to think about. This happened when I was 14. 28 years ago.
Notwithstanding your experience here, and sorry to here of your experience, in political terms I'm not so sure. The GOP are going to have to thread very lightly with her in the hearing, or risk cementing their (portrayed) misogynistic political stereotype.

When people talk about this person's safety. Waters seems to care little about other folks safety and no one seems to mind. I have heard no one call for attacks on this person.

I am sure there are nuts out there. That concern sadly is out there for a lot of public people.

I know that I'm not mistaken about this, Maxine Waters is concerned enough about the health, welfare and the lives of more than 10,000 unaccompanied children in United States government immigration detention centers to prove to me that yes, she does care about 'other folks' safety.

2 choices
Ultimatum from the Senate appear and no delays - the media storm will be immense - 11 old white guys attacking a woman, same as happened to Anita Hill. Senator Graham has basically stated, let her talk and we move on to a vote. Minds have been made up- decisions have been made
Now Republicans have been losing women voters, this will drive more away. And it will be played in every Senate race

Or they reach a firm date for next week. Making it appear they are willing to work with the witness. Lose les women voters.

Add in while it is a slim chance, the Senate could change hands in 18. A few tight races where Dems could win new seats
I'm sure they're not enamored with either choice ...

I really don't think it's possible for more women to not to like him.
At this point either they do or don't I really don't think there are many left sitting on the fence...

Im sitting here giggling just imagining. I am a Trump supporter by politics only. Outside of the he is a scumbag, by assumption women are more emotional than men and myself as a whole, so to assume Less women like share truth.... I doubt he has THAT much left either so shutting up is probably a good thing... regardless whom hes focusing on for voters though LOL...

Notwithstanding your experience here, and sorry to here of your experience, in political terms I'm not so sure. The GOP are going to have to thread very lightly with her in the hearing, or risk cementing their (portrayed) misogynistic political stereotype.

The GOP didn't sit on this for months. Didn't pop this out as last minute "Stall Tactics". I think there are a lot of women out there upset that sexual assault is being used as a political weapon.

Thank you, it was terrible, it was awful and I have nothing but hate for those that commit such crimes, I also have hate for those that lie about such.

I know that I'm not mistaken about this, Maxine Waters is concerned enough about the health, welfare and the lives of more than 10,000 unaccompanied children in United States government immigration detention centers to prove to me that yes, she does care about 'other folks' safety.

That's just sad. The only example you can come up with is her care and concern for the safety of people who are not citizens of the US, yet she got her position through being elected by citizens who would expect her to care about their safety.

She didn't' care when Obama was doing it... neither did you.

I'm sure they're not enamored with either choice ...

From bad to worse which is the norm for this confirmation. I think they will go with option 2, only if she confirms a day next week.

Well we are concerned....trump's pattern...Insult, counter punch, lie and brag...Makes his base happy...But now nothing?...What gives?......

Maybe some people smarten up. Maybe somebody hid his keyboard. Maybe Melania said Hey Donny, time for beddy bye in her most seductive voice. Maybe Trump is finishing 156 holes of golf. Who knows.

I wouldn't worry about it. He will let you know in his own time. Meanwhile you have other things to worry about.

The GOP didn't sit on this for months. Didn't pop this out as last minute "Stall Tactics". I think there are a lot of women out there upset that sexual assault is being used as a political weapon.

Thank you, it was terrible, it was awful and I have nothing but hate for those that commit such crimes, I also have hate for those that lie about such.
See, that's the thing Renae, and not to open-up old wounds. But during an event like that, the only way I can image it not being ingrained upon one's mind, would be through pretty severe inebriation. Or perhaps through some type of inadvertent selective memory repression, as form of a auto defense mechanism? But I know nothing of this last.

I agree.....Grassely needs to tell this woman to sit down....and shut up...Women need to know their place...How dare she.....But will Grassely do it?......He'll cave, and you'll be angry

Who cares what time Grassly decides to let her tell her 'story' sooner or later she will be unmasked. as I see it the conservative members are almost
begging her to testify under oath offering the wealth of her fabrications. My guess is under no circumstances will she take the stand even to thwart
Kavanaugh SCOTUS ambitions she'll shy away from under oath testimony.

Her goal was merely to obstruct no to testify, testifying is scary when you're lying.

BTW I find your posts amusing!

From bad to worse which is the norm for this confirmation. I think they will go with option 2, only if she confirms a day next week.
I agree.

The holes in her story:
Where it happened
When it happened
Who was there
How she got there
How she got home
Why they were there
Greatly discredit her story. I WAS raped, I remember when, who, why and what went on. I can name every person involved, where it happened, the time, date. Clear as a bell. It's not fun to think about. This happened when I was 14. 28 years ago.

I'm very sorry to hear of your tragedy. I have a 14 year old daughter and I can't imagine something like .

That being said, all incidents are different and all people react differently
Was she drunker than she thought, was she drugged? Did she suffer from PTSD, did she hit her head in the struggle?

There are lot of reasons for her memory to be fragmented.

At one time, I as a Canadian was very impressed with the various committees in both Houses. After the Nunes fiasco, this confirmation and other shenanigans under Senator Mac, shall we say my opinion has changed.

The holes in her story:
Where it happened
When it happened
Who was there
How she got there
How she got home
Why they were there

My heart goes out to you. What you went thru is hell and should not happen to anyone

See, that's the thing Renae, and not to open-up old wounds. But during an event like that, the only way I can image it not being ingrained upon one's mind, would be through pretty severe inebriation. Or perhaps through some type of inadvertent selective memory repression, as form of a auto defense mechanism? But I know nothing of this last.

Severe Inebriation would also make 30 year old memories suspect.

So let's look at the facts we KNOW:

1. Kavanaugh has been through multiple background checks. Never has a hint of such behavior been brought up
2. Kavanaugh has a sterling record in regards to treating women fairly
3. The Accuser cannot name so many vital details required to even launch an investigation:
Who When Where Why What
4. The only other person (since there were originally 4 now it's two) named says "Didn't happen"
5. There is no physical evidence
6. There are no contemporaneous witnesses or people that knew about it, by her own admission "I told no one for 30 years..."
7. https://www.thescoopradioshow.com/b...ers-salacious-high-school-yearbooks-scrubbed/ Her year books were scrubbed from the internet, (someone snagged them before that happened) and it's all about Beer Booze, parties and sex.

If you were a detective, and I told you "I was raped when I was 14." and you said "Okay, I need details" and all I had was "well this guy raped me one night" You would have NOTHING to go on. You could do some cursory investigation, hell even if I named all 4 people and they all said "No sorry didn't happen, no idea" What could you do?

Nothing.

Now if I said it happened in Mid Oct 1990, at this place, in this room, here are the adults that were at that place, the rapists their names, full details of what happened, here's why were there, what we were doing... You could do something with that information.

My heart goes out to you. What you went thru is hell and should not happen to anyone

I agree it shouldn't, it's not pleasant. Because it's so terrible, neither should someone be falsely accused of such. I'm not doubtful because of politics, (whether people believe me on that I do not care) but because there are so many questions and this was handled so poorly it just doesn't seem credible. At all.

At one time, I as a Canadian was very impressed with the various committees in both Houses. After the Nunes fiasco, this confirmation and other shenanigans under Senator Mac, shall we say my opinion has changed.
There's quite a few Americans that feel similarly. Trust me, on that!

Severe Inebriation would also make 30 year old memories suspect.

So let's look at the facts we KNOW:

1. Kavanaugh has been through multiple background checks. Never has a hint of such behavior been brought up
2. Kavanaugh has a sterling record in regards to treating women fairly
3. The Accuser cannot name so many vital details required to even launch an investigation:
Who When Where Why What
4. The only other person (since there were originally 4 now it's two) named says "Didn't happen"
5. There is no physical evidence
6. There are no contemporaneous witnesses or people that knew about it, by her own admission "I told no one for 30 years..."
7. https://www.thescoopradioshow.com/b...ers-salacious-high-school-yearbooks-scrubbed/ Her year books were scrubbed from the internet, (someone snagged them before that happened) and it's all about Beer Booze, parties and sex.

If you were a detective, and I told you "I was raped when I was 14." and you said "Okay, I need details" and all I had was "well this guy raped me one night" You would have NOTHING to go on. You could do some cursory investigation, hell even if I named all 4 people and they all said "No sorry didn't happen, no idea" What could you do?

Nothing.

Now if I said it happened in Mid Oct 1990, at this place, in this room, here are the adults that were at that place, the rapists their names, full details of what happened, here's why were there, what we were doing... You could do something with that information.
In legal terms, she likely has little here (unless witnesses materialize). But for better or worse, this (like all SC nominations) is a political event. I'm neutral on her, to somewhat doubting. But as to possible political danger to Kavanaugh and the GOP, I think there is that distinct possibility.

One thing that people are not considering is when she testifies what will Republicans do if her testimony is compelling enough that it deserves an investigation?

How are they going to spin that?

Unless she is willing to commit to a specific time early next week, I'd stick with the 10am deadline for tomorrow. "Might be prepared to testify sometime, but not on Monday" doesn't sound very convincing.

Republicans refusing FBI investigation out of fear of committing a felony of lying to the FBI doesn't sound very convincing.

In legal terms, she likely has little here (unless witnesses materialize). But for better or worse, this (like all SC nominations) is a political event. I'm neutral on her, to somewhat doubting. But as to possible political danger to Kavanaugh and the GOP, I think there is that distinct possibility.

IT depends, if they yell at her or are asses it will go poorly. If they are deferential to her and merely ask simple but tough questions that she cannot answer...

I agree it shouldn't, it's not pleasant. Because it's so terrible, neither should someone be falsely accused of such. I'm not doubtful because of politics, (whether people believe me on that I do not care) but because there are so many questions and this was handled so poorly it just doesn't seem credible. At all.

But it may to some if the democrat playbook is followed. I'm sure Dr. Ford and her attorneys are flipping through
her year book to find someone who are willing to collaborate her story for a fee of course, to "come forward."

After all, Far-left activist and accuser, Christine Blasey Ford is now leaning on Obama-Clinton Democrat operative, Ricki Seidman for advice.

Seidman, according to her online bio, helped confirm Obama’s SCOTUS nominee Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court–now she’s
working to derail Trump’s SCOTUS pick Brett Kavanaugh–SHOCKER!

Back
Top Bottom