• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ford lawyers say she is open to testifying, but not Monday

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/20/...sey-ford-brett-kavanaugh-testimony/index.html

(CNN)Christine Blasey Ford opened the possibility she would testify before Congress about her accusation of sexual assault against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

An email her lawyers sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee said Ford "would be prepared to testify next week" if the senators offer her "terms that are fair and which ensure her safety."
The message came a day ahead of a 10 a.m. Friday deadline set by Senate Judiciary Chairman

Chuck Grassley for Ford to decide whether she would appear before a hearing he set for Monday.

Ball is in Grassley's court

Unless she is willing to commit to a specific time early next week, I'd stick with the 10am deadline for tomorrow. "Might be prepared to testify sometime, but not on Monday" doesn't sound very convincing.

Unless she is willing to commit to a specific time early next week, I'd stick with the 10am deadline for tomorrow. "Might be prepared to testify sometime, but not on Monday" doesn't sound very convincing.

time for grassley to end this nonsense.
stick to his guns.

Grassley has NO choice but to accommodate......His phony "we want to make her as comfortable as possible" will ring hollow if not...He could deny it and risk the wrath of women voters before the mid terms...I'm betting he won't...Amusing to see that idiot trump remaining mute...No obnoxious tweets..Love the fear

grassley has accommodated.

from her choice of open and public hearings
to sending committee members to her so she can testify.

she is against choosing not to follow through and we all know why.

she can't prove anything.

Grassley has NO choice but to accommodate......His phony "we want to make her as comfortable as possible" will ring hollow if not...He could deny it and risk the wrath of women voters before the mid terms...I'm betting he won't...Amusing to see that idiot trump remaining mute...No obnoxious tweets..Love the fear

All these women have to do is tell the truth. She has no right in setting terms unless she is hiding something.

Yeah , the Republican "Men" on the committee will send a powerful message to women voters...Sit down and shut up.....

Dr. Ford must testify, is she is to be effective in her opposition to the Kavanaugh nomination.

But if she does indeed testify, particularly if public, then the GOP have no winning possibility here. All they can do is try to minimize damage. If they give her free reign, she will likely strongly disparage Kavanaugh's nomination. If the attempt to head her off or attack her, they fire-up women in their propagating the narrative of the GOP being against women and women's rights. I believe the GOP are really in a jam here, if she testifies.

All these women have to do is tell the truth. She has no right in setting terms unless she is hiding something.

Really?......The Republican Men are going to deny her because of an arbitrary deadline?......I say let them try....See how that works out

Dr. Ford must testify, is she is to be effective in her opposition to the Kavanaugh nomination.

But if she does indeed testify, particularly if public, then the GOP have no winning possibility here. ll they can do is try to minimize damage. If they give her free reign, she will likely strongly disparage Kavanaugh's nomination. If the attempt to head her off or attack her, they fire-up women in their propagating the narrative of the GOP being against women and women's rights. I believe the GOP are really in a jam here, if she testifies.

They'll be in a bigger jam if they shut her down...I love the squirming that is going on....Poor trump is just hoping to send out some obnoxious tweets but he can't...LOL

Really?......The Republican Men are going to deny her because of an arbitrary deadline?......I say let them try....See how that works out

She has had 30 years...

arbitrary deadline? How long does she need?

Yeah , the Republican "Men" on the committee will send a powerful message to women voters...Sit down and shut up.....
Sorry, women voters aren't nearly as dumb as you seem to believe.

But if she does indeed testify, particularly if public, then the GOP have no winning possibility here. All they can do is try to minimize damage. If they give her free reign, she will likely strongly disparage Kavanaugh's nomination. If the attempt to head her off or attack her, they fire-up women in their propagating the narrative of the GOP being against women and women's rights. I believe the GOP are really in a jam here, if she testifies.

Fords lawyer
Senator Grassley here is a vice, please insert your nuts while we tighten them up for ya.
Now would it not be a surprise if they have another person who was present during the alleged sexual assault.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...p-table-main_kavanaugh-2pm:homepage/story-ans

An attorney for Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who is accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were teenagers, said Thursday that her appearing at a hearing on Monday to detail her claims is “not possible” but she could testify later in the week.

Gonna be more shoes to drop.............

What is contrasting to me are the clips of Grassley and Hatch from the Clarence Thomas/Anita Hill played just before the current comments......27 years. Dinosaurs.........that’s right Feinstein is one as well!

Honest question.

1) If she has not filled this with the Maryland Police Department, What relevant Law enforcement has been trying to investigate?
2) If she has a short recollection of the incident and cannot remember any more that has been shared at this point. What is going to change with here testifying on Monday?
3) This has received NATIONAL PUBLIC Exposure, Likely GREATER reach than the FBI or any investigator entity at this point. If volunteer witnesses have NOT come out now. How is the FBI or the Maryland Police able to do more for this 35 year old accusation.
4) Either she testifies or she does not, What is going to change Monday or Next week or a MONTH from now. From outside optics WHILE the Accusation itself can and may be legit. the Delay Tactics are seemingly highly partisan and only intended to delay the nomination of Kavannah.. AGAIN delaying Mrs. Fords Testimony until she is ready? So that me she has ALL the time in the world. NO... She waited 35 years She had ALL that time to legitimately bring it to light. MORE so the Democrats had since JULY to make it political.

DONT use Mrs. Ford as a political tool if she HAS a legit accusation take it to the equatable police department file charges and have due process..... dont play games with a Political nomination.....

They'll be in a bigger jam if they shut her down...I love the squirming that is going on....Poor trump is just hoping to send out some obnoxious tweets but he can't...LOL

Not really. You guys lost, deal with it.

Trump can just nominate someone else, and if Trump leaves, Pence will nominate another judge.

How long do Democrats plan to delay this?

he has already given her the forum.

her response means she is not willing to testify.
lets go to vote for confirmation.

this is another stall tactic.

grassley has said he would send the committee people to her to testify to ensure her safety.

so i don't know what more she wants.

Ford's lawyers are mocking Grassley; I hope the GOP guys don't falter again ... (sigh)

She has had 30 years...

arbitrary deadline? How long does she need?

Oh a few more days...Still the optics of an old cranky man (senator Grassley) telling this woman to do as she is told....To shut up.....Speaks loudly to voters come Mid terms....The Democrats couldn't have hoped a better choice by the Republicans....No women on their committee......Looks terrible...LOL

he has already given her the forum.

her response means she is not willing to testify.
lets go to vote for confirmation.

this is another stall tactic.

grassley has said he would send the committee people to her to testify to ensure her safety.

so i don't know what more she wants.

I can tell you what she wants. She wants everyone to believe her without any opportunity for the accused to defend himself. She doesn't want any testimony she gives to be questioned.

Back
Top Bottom