• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ford lawyers say she is open to testifying, but not Monday

Not enough evidence.....The clown on the sub openly disobeyed security protocol...the 2 cases are completely unrelated

Not enough evidence? by whos standard?

A man took a picture of the inside of a sub and got a year in jail.

HRC had a server for 2 YEARS+ and got nothing...... classified material did infact pass through this unsecured server.

WHAT PROOF do you need to at LEAST go to TRIAL and face a JURY? LET the JURY ajudicate her if she was "innocent"

didnt even make it there... so when you say proof having a private server is NOT enough proof to go to at least a Judge? Really?

And YES it is relevant in that case.

IF HRC didnt got to a Judge with THAT much evidence, how can we TREAT this CASE with MORE precedence with NO evidence other than an accusation?? What factual grounds outside of an accusation would allow this to make it in front of a judge?

2 tier justice system or ONLY if you are a democrat, you can have your cake and eat it too Huh?

Last edited:
I don't believe the fire up women thing. All the Kavanaugh supporters have to do is parade the 65 or 70 who have already signed on across the stage. It's now 65-1. Even pictures will do.
I disagree for the most part, due to this being a Supreme Court nomination. I believe Democratic Party and Indie women are indeed motivated this election season, and with midterms it's all about motivation and turnout.

Wow angry trump supporter bashing an assault victim...Why am I not surprised...Where is your great leader echoing this anger?......

Alleged assault victim. 35 years ago. In high school.

President Trump is remaining quiet. Now the left is calling him out. Two weeks ago President Trump was not remaining quiet. Then the left was calling him out.

Wow angry trump supporter bashing an assault victim...Why am I not surprised...Where is your great leader echoing this anger?......

There is no evidence so far whatsoever that she is an assault victim and even she refuses to swear that she was in writing or verbally.

Alleged assault victim. 35 years ago. In high school.

President Trump is remaining quiet. Now the left is calling him out. Two weeks ago President Trump was not remaining quiet. Then the left was calling him out.

Well we are concerned....trump's pattern...Insult, counter punch, lie and brag...Makes his base happy...But now nothing?...What gives?......

There is no evidence so far whatsoever that she is an assault victim and even she refuses to swear that she was in writing or verbally.

Evidence?.....It is All about public perception......I'm actually hoping trump comes out an insults her, calls her a liar...Like you are doing...trump is letting his base down

Rock and a hard place. If Ford sets a firm date for next week and they turn her down, there will be more hell to pay.
Now any later than next week or if she later backs out of that next week date, then Grassley should move forwards.
They almost have no choice but to appease her, if she only wants 'till the end of the week. But seriously - the longer they let this go on, the worse it gets. But if it were me, I might rather take the pain of her not being appeased, than risk what may come out of a public hearing. That's one helluva' dangerous wildcard!

Well we are concerned....trump's pattern...Insult, counter punch, lie and brag...Makes his base happy...But now nothing?...What gives?......

hes heading the warning to BE QUITE LOL........Smart in front of the mid terms if you ask me.... say something dumb and MORE women will hate him......

All these women have to do is tell the truth. She has no right in setting terms unless she is hiding something.

After she has done her job as an accusing citizen, she then does not have the right to decide the time, date or place of the venue
to offer her side of the story. Grassley has been bent into pretzel like contortions trying to accommodate this person. Leave 10AM
friday as the deadline.

"Ford should be given the opportunity to present her case at a time of her convenience, though we believe it should be at least within the time frame of next week. After all, even if we believe that there is a potential threat of not being able to seat a conservative Justice in case Democrats retake the Senate in November, the fact remains that there are still nearly fifty days to confirm Kavanaugh or find a suitable replacement. Therefore we have the time to reasonably hear out Professor Ford rather than making a circus of the confirmation process."

-no Republican ever.

After she has done her job as an accusing citizen, she then does not have the right to decide the time, date or place of the venue
to offer her side of the story. Grassley has been bent into pretzel like contortions trying to accommodate this person. Leave 10AM
friday as the deadline.

I agree.....Grassely needs to tell this woman to sit down....and shut up...Women need to know their place...How dare she.....But will Grassely do it?......He'll cave, and you'll be angry

Evidence?.....It is All about public perception......I'm actually hoping trump comes out an insults her, calls her a liar...Like you are doing...trump is letting his base down

SAY WHAT? You gotta to be misspeaking?

NOT to be guilty its not by Trial and Jury its ONLY by public perception?

SO from here on out ANYONE at ANYTIME can accuse ANYONE for ANYTHING and as LONG as Public perception fits the narrative they are guilty...... I really hope that our nation NEVER turns into that....... EVER.

Last edited:
Yeah , the Republican "Men" on the committee will send a powerful message to women voters...Sit down and shut up.....

So you're parroting your new heroine Senator Mazie Hirono. News Flash) no one gets smart listening to the pearls of wisdom from the likes of Senator Mazie Hirono

SAY WHAT? You gotta to be misspeaking?

NOT to be guilty its not by Trial and Jury its ONLY by public perception?

SO from here on out ANYONE at ANYTIME can accuse ANYONE for ANYTHING and as LONG as Public perception fits the narrative they are guilty...... I really hope that our nation EVER turns into that....... EVER.

RIP due process.

This whole thing is starting to reek of orchestrated delay tactic.
That's dual-fold, though. With delay comes additional damage, as this now becomes the topic.

I disagree for the most part, due to this being a Supreme Court nomination. I believe Democratic Party and Indie women are indeed motivated this election season, and with midterms it's all about motivation and turnout.

Supreme court nomination or White House janitor. They may be motivated. There is no reason to believe the motivation is toward the left.

The left in this case is acting stupid, Extremely stupid. The left will always be the left. And they will vote accordingly. The independents, women included, are a different matter. IMO they tend to be the most informed.

"Ford should be given the opportunity to present her case at a time of her convenience, though we believe it should be at least within the time frame of next week. After all, even if we believe that there is a potential threat of not being able to seat a conservative Justice in case Democrats retake the Senate in November, the fact remains that there are still nearly fifty days to confirm Kavanaugh or find a suitable replacement. Therefore we have the time to reasonably hear out Professor Ford rather than making a circus of the confirmation process."

-no Republican ever.

Hey Cardinal,

Just throwing out a point that I shared with our friend Saladin.

1) The Current hearing is a Congressional Nomination Hear right? Should WE NOT touch this hearing with a criminal accusations. WITH those idiots in the Congressional Hearing they are NOT judges or Jury so they have no relevance to HEAR Mrs. Fords Case nor adjudicate him or her?? How about we leave the Hearing alone and they do WHAT they intended to do, if it means confirming Kavannah so BE it?

2) When the time is RIGHT for Mrs. Ford they setup up a second Hearing, WHY do we have to intertwine the hearing into one. With that those sitting now are NOT relevant to a criminal case anyways right?

3) If deemed appropriate for legitimate criminal hearing if it is Mr. Kavannah or Justice Kavannah he still needs to show up and defend himself?

4) If guilty, he resigns or is removed if NOT guilty he remains Justice Kavannah.

Why do we have to settle for time frames for EITHER side? If this never came up they would have voted today right? So keep it separate, Kavannah is NOT above the law and if he is guilty he will serve his time.

What are you insinuating by bringing Maxine Waters into this thread? Be specific, I'm curious.

When people talk about this person's safety. Waters seems to care little about other folks safety and no one seems to mind. I have heard no one call for attacks on this person.

I am sure there are nuts out there. That concern sadly is out there for a lot of public people.

-no Republican ever.

Yup. The rank hypocrisy is bracing in it's depth and width.

Hugh Hewitt 2/16 on Obama’s nomination of Merrick Garland: “Republicans are under no obligation to hold a hearing much less a vote”

Hewitt 9/18 decrying allegations against Kavanaugh: “Seriously, due process is a real concept, deeply embedded in Anglo-American law and politics”

If they start negotiations for "next week", the topics of negotiation will surely be (selectively) leaked and used for political fodder as the days roll on. And then the negotiations may (likely?) extend or delay, maybe stall, and concurrently be adjudicated in public and the press, where they may become an event in and of themselves. Of course every moment of discussion places more negativity on Kavanaugh & the GOP, while I see no upside for them.

If I were the GOP, I'd want this ended as quickly and quietly as possible, preferably without her public testimony (ideal situation).

I disagree, the GOP would benefit greatly from her testifying for two reasons:

The holes in her story:
Where it happened
When it happened
Who was there
How she got there
How she got home
Why they were there
(these are all things she has yet to answer)
Greatly discredit her story. I WAS raped, I remember when, who, why and what went on. I can name every person involved, where it happened, the time, date. Clear as a bell. It's not fun to think about. This happened when I was 14. 28 years ago.

I agree.....Grassely needs to tell this woman to sit down....and shut up...Women need to know their place...How dare she.....But will Grassely do it?......He'll cave, and you'll be angry

Ford is not Grassley's woman. Ford is a hard core far left activist. The 65 who wrote that letter and those who knew him and speak favorably are Grassley's women.

They almost have no choice but to appease her, if she only wants 'till the end of the week. But seriously - the longer they let this go on, the worse it gets. But if it were me, I might rather take the pain of her not being appeased, than risk what may come out of a public hearing. That's one helluva' dangerous wildcard!

2 choices
Ultimatum from the Senate appear and no delays - the media storm will be immense - 11 old white guys attacking a woman, same as happened to Anita Hill. Senator Graham has basically stated, let her talk and we move on to a vote. Minds have been made up- decisions have been made
Now Republicans have been losing women voters, this will drive more away. And it will be played in every Senate race

Or they reach a firm date for next week. Making it appear they are willing to work with the witness. Lose les women voters.

Add in while it is a slim chance, the Senate could change hands in 18. A few tight races where Dems could win new seats

2 choice
Ultimatum from the Senate appear and no delays - the media storm will be immense - 11 old white guys attacking a woman, same as happened to Anita Hill. Senator Graham has basically stated, let her talk and we move on to a vote. Minds have been made up- decisions have been made
Now Republicans have been losing women voters, this will drive more away. And it will be played in every Senate race

Or they reach a firm date for next week. Making it appear they are willing to work with the witness. Lose les women voters.

Add in while it is a slim chance, the Senate could change hands in 18. A few tight races where Dems could win new seats

Im going to preference "Could"

Secondly JANFU, you make all the CRITICAL points!

The biggest Saddest issue I see. Nothing in there highlights JUSTICE for Ford or even Kavannah regardless of the out come.

ITS ALL Highlighted about a conservative pick for SCOTUS, mid terms and control of house and senate in 2018

NO REAL cause for the fact that a women accuses a man of sexual assault..... THEY DONT care......that seems greatly evident?

Back
Top Bottom