• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ford lawyers say she is open to testifying, but not Monday

While the Kavanaugh team has been investigating this claim since it was made with Kavanaugh and three other names mentioned by Ms. Ford along with another in their investigation signed sworn affidavits swearing to their testimonies and if proved to be lies face a felony. All sworn affidavits prove Kavanaugh's innocence. A lawyer that clerked for Scalia who has been working on this investigation stated the information that they have compiled will leave no cloud over Kavanaugh and he will be confirmed.

I really look forward to Kavanaugh speaking on Monday.
I think we are looking at a monumental moment in time of epic proportions.
I do not feel sorry for the Democrats and their crooked operatives.

I wonder how many times the above must be repeated on this forum before some go do some research and realize that this 'Republican obstructing the FBI from doing an investigation' is pure nonsense?

I suspect 100 more times will be necessary between now and Monday.

If democrats can find no credible witness to support the allegations they need not fear. Bill Clinton's former 'war room' director is now quietly advising Dr. Ford.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/20/kavanaugh-accuser-working-with-former-clinton/?htm_medium=email

Democrat super-activist Ricki Seidman is now on the job, and may have been on the job for a long time already. She worked for the Dukakis, Mondale, and Clinton campaigns. She served as Joe Biden's communications director and managed the confirmation of Sonia Sotomayor to the SCOTUS.
She ran attack ads against Robert Bork while she was legal director for Norman Lear's leftist activist group People for the American Way. She was working for Ted Kennedy when she convinced Anita Hill to make allegations against Clarence Thomas in what became known as a high-tech democrat lynching of a conservative black man.

This woman is an amazon for the cause and she is driving the train to try to derail the Kavanaugh nomination. To hell with her and her demoncrap co-conspirators.

Great...another political hack is involved. And here we thought this political circus had enough clowns, but some schmuck decided we didn't and entered the tent.

And this one worked for Ted "Killer" Kennedy. She's still alive, so obviously she never rode in a car he was driving.

I think she was implying the therapist thing from a few years ago.

Oh okay... this completely went over my head.
Thanks.

Score +1 for Ford.

Not really. You guys lost, deal with it.

Trump can just nominate someone else, and if Trump leaves, Pence will nominate another judge.

How long do Democrats plan to delay this?
Think if they do block Kavanagh. That means the midterms will be about supreme court pick again. Firing up the gop base is not smart politics for the dnc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Actually, I felt they had reasonably shut her down by sticking to their guns in keeping the hearing scheduled while inviting her.

But this recent revelation of her trying to negotiate terms for her appearing next week, adds a new wrinkle to it all. If she indeed is trying to schedule next week sometime, with reasonable demands, then she has them in the corner I believe.

But quite honestly, the GOP are a bit screwed here if they cancel Monday's hearing; extending the process will extend the pain, and if she eventually testifies there's no knowing what may occur when she's given an official pulpit! In purely political terms, they might be best to hold to Monday's hearing and get the pain over, letting the cards fall where they may. I don't see this getting better for them, by working it.
Politically the best play for the gop is to delay his vote till after the midterms. Scare their base into coming out to the polls. They can confirm him in November

Politically the best play for the gop is to delay his vote till after the midterms. Scare their base into coming out to the polls. They can confirm him in November

I disagree - it would set a precedent that these types of proceedings could be derailed by any obscure, vague, unsubstantiated accusation over the nominees entire life. "He pulled my pigtails in First Grade, he's not qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice."

I disagree - it would set a precedent that these types of proceedings could be derailed by any obscure, vague, unsubstantiated accusation over the nominees entire life. "He pulled my pigtails in First Grade, he's not qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice."
All I'm saying is the gop will turn out for a scouts pick. Dems are already motivated. Delaying it helps the right more than the left.

All I'm saying is the gop will turn out for a scouts pick. Dems are already motivated. Delaying it helps the right more than the left.

The message is clear; if the Dems gain control, Trump will get nothing done.
Big motivation.

I do wonder if Republicans would be so debased as to pull this stunt.

Bad move considering the left SAW what happened when they stayed at home for Hillary. The left will come out in droves. And when the left votes, the right loses. I say, call your bluff.

Bad move considering the left SAW what happened when they stayed at home for Hillary. The left will come out in droves. And when the left votes, the right loses. I say, call your bluff.
The left is already coming out according to all the so called experts

time for grassley to end this nonsense.
stick to his guns.

.... then watch the Cons get slaughtered at the polls in November. Her request is not unreasonable. A Republican response that seems to want to dismiss her will seem unreasonable and they will pay for it. A categorical dismissal of a woman's claim on sexual abuse is a landmine in 2018.

This is a chess game. If Grassley plays it correctly, you will get your guy through. If he tries to cut a corner, it will be checkmate for the Republican congressional majority AND could put the Senate in peril as well.

That is not what is being alleged here. Your ignorance and insensitivity is duly noted.

The message is clear; if the Dems gain control, Trump will get nothing done.
Big motivation.

It is not as if Trump did anything with congress in the past two years. His problem is not a stalled agenda, it will be being bogged down in investigations (public ones) and likely an impeachment.

Last edited:
The Democrat partisan activist, who has a history of smear tactics, is going to have to do a lot more for Ford than to say, "I believe her." How's she going to plug the holes in her story after the fact?
Big mistake leaning on Ricki Seidman.
The optics look bad.

Ricki is a bad person but the best strategist the democrats have to turn a false allegation into a derailment of any approval of a good man for the SCOTUS.

Great...another political hack is involved. And here we thought this political circus had enough clowns, but some schmuck decided we didn't and entered the tent.

And this one worked for Ted "Killer" Kennedy. She's still alive, so obviously she never rode in a car he was driving.

Roadvirus, funny you should bring up Teddy Kennedy. This is a man who has a huge record of abusing women. Yet do a search on Feinstein's comments when Ted Kennedy died she called him a mentor. And while you are at it do a search on Dick Durbin and Patrick Leahy and read their parting remarks on Kennedy's death I believe it was in 2009 lifting him up into greatness. These three are the eldest members on the Democratic members of the Judiciary committee.

Grassly demanded that everything that would be said on Monday be given to him by Friday. That's unreasonable.

No it isn't she asked for a trial they have been trying to contact her for at least days.
She knew about it early this week.

Try and throw all the wrenches.
No one should be fooled by this stupidity.

You don't know what you're talking about. You've heard pieces and bits of fake news from Fox. Presidents Bush and Obama did not have policies that resulted in the mass separation of parents and children like we’re seeing under the Jeff Sessions and Trump administration. Not even close. The likely reason you will not find any data on this is because it was done in “really limited circumstances” such as suspicion of trafficking or other fraud. Bush and Obama administrations used family detention facilities, allowing the whole family to stay together while awaiting their deportation case in immigration court, or alternatives to detention, which required families to be tracked but released from custody to await their court date.

So, please...do NOT equate the way immigration family detention were in the administrations of both George Bush and Barack Obama, there is absolutely no humane reason that 12,000 little children are virtually lost in this country and hidden from the eyes of the public.

Democrats will stop supporting illegal immigration if the illegal immigrants start voting republican instead.

You might have a brilliant future as a political strategist, but a bird in hand is better than none.
Give her until tomorrow to reply, and if she is a no show on Monday... have the vote right after Kavanaugh speaks.

I really look forward to Kavanaugh speaking on Monday.
I think we are looking at a monumental moment in time of epic proportions.
I do not feel sorry for the Democrats and their crooked operatives.

This is interesting.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/yale-law-dean-reports-professor-groomed-female-clerks-kavanaugh-enormous-n911571

The dean of Yale Law School on Thursday responded to reports that a prominent professor at the school had advised students seeking judicial clerkships with Brett Kavanaugh on their physical looks, saying the reported allegations of faculty misconduct are "of enormous concern" and calling on anyone affected to come forward.

According to reports in The Guardian, the Huffington Post and Above the Law, Amy Chua, a professor at the law school, would advise students on their physical appearance if they wanted to seek a clerkship for Kavanaugh. Specifically, Chua would help potential applicants to have a "model-like" appearance.

In a letter Thursday to the law school community, Yale Law School Dean Heather Gerken wrote that she wanted to "address the press reports today regarding allegations of faculty misconduct" and that "the allegations being reported are of enormous concern to me and to the School."

A spokeswoman for Yale Law School confirmed to NBC News that the letter was written in response to the news stories published Wednesday and Thursday.

"While we cannot comment on individual complaints or investigations, the Law School and the University thoroughly investigate all complaints regarding violations of University rules and take no options off the table," Gerken wrote.

"I strongly encourage any members of our community who have been affected by misconduct to take advantage of Yale University's resources for reporting incidents and receiving support," the letter continued. "The Law School has a responsibility to provide a safe environment in which all of our students can live and learn in a community of mutual respect, free of harassment of any kind."

Yale has not specified what the misconduct might be.

"Model like appearance". Hmmm. Wonder how often that desired characteristic appears in postings of judicial related positions?

Grassley has NO choice but to accommodate......His phony "we want to make her as comfortable as possible" will ring hollow if not...He could deny it and risk the wrath of women voters before the mid terms...I'm betting he won't...Amusing to see that idiot trump remaining mute...No obnoxious tweets..Love the fear

Since when should civilians be dictating when government hearings are held?

Back
Top Bottom