• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Corona in Europe - and also worldwide

In 2020 the country that can not supply toilet paper as the people demand is a failed country.

I mean if they can not even manage that much....

And a former Super Power too.

BARF

There isn't a problem supplying it, there's more than enough to go around. It's the greedy morons grabbing more than they need off the shelves, when they already have more than they need at home.

As soon as the supermarkets restock, the morons resume again, and again, etc, etc.....

There isn't a problem supplying it, there's more than enough to go around. It's the greedy morons grabbing more than they need off the shelves, when they already have more than they need at home.

As soon as the supermarkets restock, the morons resume again, and again, etc, etc.....

See here is the thing.....that does not matter.....either way the society is going South.

There are consequences for failing.

See here is the thing.....that does not matter.....

It does kinda matter if you say that in 2020 a country that can't supply toilet paper as the people demand is a failed country, when it is in fact able to supply.

What do you mean by "consequences for failing"?

It does kinda matter if you say that in 2020 a country that can't supply toilet paper as the people demand is a failed country, when it is in fact able to supply.

What do you mean by "consequences for failing"?

I mean failing to give the people what they demand, for instance the ability to purchase TP according to their desires.

If a nation cant manage this little then they cant be good for anything, they have well earned the scorn of their citizens.

I mean failing to give the people what they demand, for instance the ability to purchase TP according to their desires.

If a nation cant manage this little then they cant be good for anything, they have well earned the scorn of their citizens.

Then by that, the entire planet is failing in some way at the moment under current circumstances - except possibly the fabulous Germans...

Then by that, the entire planet is failing in some way at the moment under current circumstances - except possibly the fabulous Germans...

Even the Africans can generally manage to supply TP...So no...

Advice from two people that have already survived one apocalypse (two if you also count The World's End).

Last edited:
I was forwarded this from a friend. Not having the first idea about viruses, this makes sense to me.

"‼️COVID-19 WHY IT IS DIFFERENT TO THE FLU‼️

I was getting confused as only 8,000 deaths worldwide, yet normal flu kills 650,000 every year... Read below.

Some excellent information on flus generally and the coronavirus specifically:

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps.

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, that's what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now."

Some interesting developments in trying to develop cheaper, earlier tests:

University of Liecester - facemask worn for 30 minutes that will detect if you are breathing out COVID-19 microbes. Could be extended to other airborne viruses eventually

OpenCell - an Open Source science and Engineering project linked to Imperial College building scalable testing facilities based in disused shipping containers.

Oxford University developing ultra-sensitive test that is both cheap and quick but most importantly picks up symptoms really early on in infection. 100% detection rate so far and could be rolled out within weeks for domestic use.

Some interesting developments in trying to develop cheaper, earlier tests:

University of Liecester - facemask worn for 30 minutes that will detect if you are breathing out COVID-19 microbes. Could be extended to other airborne viruses eventually

OpenCell - an Open Source science and Engineering project linked to Imperial College building scalable testing facilities based in disused shipping containers.

Oxford University developing ultra-sensitive test that is both cheap and quick but most importantly picks up symptoms really early on in infection. 100% detection rate so far and could be rolled out within weeks for domestic use.

This really harks back to the video doing the rounds at the moment of Bill Gates back in 2015.

Basically he said the biggest threat to mankind is not warfare, but a viral pandemic, and that governments are spending too much on military defence when they should be spending on defence against an inevitable pandemic.

I just heard on the TV (not a Brit station) that the UK actually has less intensive care beds per 100,000 people than Italy.

Just slightly above half, in fact.

Haven't verified this but it would indeed lend emphasis to the Prime Sinister's warning of UK possibly facing a collapse of its health system that could match that of Italy.

Found this graph (German Science Magazine at Corona-Epidemie und Intensivbetten in Europa [Gesundheits-Check] - wissenschaft.de) and it doesn't look good for UK
Capture.JPG

P.S. the graph is 8 years old but no reason to expect that figures of available beds have risen since.

Last edited:
It did strike me as singularly fatuous of the PM to leave it until the night before to tell people not to visit their mothers today.

I just heard on the TV (not a Brit station) that the UK actually has less intensive care beds per 100,000 people than Italy.

Just slightly above half, in fact ~

Hence a lot of talk about converting empty hotels into emegency hospitals. Butlins announced possible closure for the year - that's a lot of bedrooms... just hope we have the staff and manpower to run them as hospitals.

It did strike me as singularly fatuous of the PM to leave it until the night before to tell people not to visit their mothers today.

Seems to me like the government are being advised by social media.

Hence a lot of talk about converting empty hotels into emegency hospitals. Butlins announced possible closure for the year - that's a lot of bedrooms... just hope we have the staff and manpower to run them as hospitals.
They are converting a hugh Madrid conference centre into a makeshift hospital. Madrid has by far the most infected and the hospital system is at a breaking point. Spain has more ICU beds than the UK..

Also all private hospitals have been nationalised "light", as they are for this crisis part of the overall national health system.

Sent from my Honor 8X

Meanwhile, Switzerland and Germany are taking some intensive care patients (those needing respiration) from France.

Applies to hospitals in the Swiss Cantons and German States immediately adjacent to France's "Grand Est", the region that is hardest hit there.

The spread in Germany has slowed down a bit.

IOW infection cases continue to rise but at a minutely lower rate so far than in the previous days.

German Chancellor Merkel is going into self-quarantine (at home).

No symptoms or any positive test, but at a recent press conference she was in contact with a doctor who has meanwhile been tested positive.

German Chancellor Merkel is going into self-quarantine (at home).

No symptoms or any positive test, but at a recent press conference she was in contact with a doctor who has meanwhile been tested positive.

Yes, I saw a snap earlier of her in the mini market stocking up on the wine, which one would hope was prior to her knowing she was in contact with a doctor who has meanwhile been tested positive.

Also no gloves and/or facemask, which is wrong,

This clip is 3 days old now, but it's more informative than the tabloids about the Hydroxychloroquine drug for malaria being touted as big step in the fight.

YouTube

This clip is 3 days old now, but it's more informative than the tabloids about the Hydroxychloroquine drug for malaria being touted as big step in the fight.

YouTube
Glenn Beck is a proven liar and Gregory Rigano even more so.

Rigano’s description of chloroquine’s effects is largely based on a single study from France that tested its use on a group of only 20 people. Six additional patients were also given the treatment but dropped out of the study before its completion: Three were transferred to intensive care, one died, one left the hospital and another stopped treatment because of nausea.

The Hucksters Pushing A Coronavirus ‘Cure’ With The Help Of Fox News And Elon Musk | HuffPosthttps://www.bbc.com/news/51980731

Back
Top Bottom