• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Corona in Europe - and also worldwide

Looks like Germany has considerably decreased the R0 (R naught) factor down from 3.

IOW where R0 3 held one infected person to infect a further three, the factor is now below 1 (0.7).

This video came up in my feed (sorry Chagos - too much useful stuff on Youtube for me to ever walk away) I haven't and won't read the comments but I'm struggling to bleieve people deliberately blocked roads around the city - including a local hospital.
It all seems a huge part of the broken ultra-partisan state of US politics. I don't know, I'm hoping it's a fake video in some way.

On the stupidity of humanity, at least in the part that shows, I believe anything.

Upon further reflection, that goes just as much for the part that doesn't show.

BBC in trouble again in Scotland via BBC's flagship news channel at 10pm for trying to make out the entire NHS was about to run out of PPE when it was only the English NHS that is suffering shortages reporting that there was only 24 to 48hrs left of safety equipment ... those that don't know all 4 countries that make up the UK have there own separate NHS services and it's only the English side that is facing acute shortages ... they might have run out altogether as they were expecting a shipment from Turkey today ... which has been held up/delayed/cancelled no one really knows what's happened apart from the Tory governments total mismanagement of the entire Covid 19 pandemic .... as they have had to rely on endless lies up until now to see them through

BBC News at Ten under fire for 'misleading' PPE reuse report | The National

BBC in trouble again in Scotland via BBC's flagship news channel at 10pm for trying to make out the entire NHS was about to run out of PPE when it was only the English NHS that is suffering shortages reporting that there was only 24 to 48hrs left of safety equipment ... those that don't know all 4 countries that make up the UK have there own separate NHS services and it's only the English side that is facing acute shortages ... they might have run out altogether as they were expecting a shipment from Turkey today ... which has been held up/delayed/cancelled no one really knows what's happened apart from the Tory governments total mismanagement of the entire Covid 19 pandemic .... as they have had to rely on endless lies up until now to see them through

BBC News at Ten under fire for 'misleading' PPE reuse report | The National

Any way of knowing how Scotland is faring separate from the UK? UK numbers don't look good in the sources I rely on.

Any way of knowing how Scotland is faring separate from the UK? UK numbers don't look good in the sources I rely on.

the total UK death figure is 16,060 officially our death toll including Hospitals, Nursing homes and deaths in homes is 903 keep in mind the English death figures are for hospital deaths only they reckon there has been another 5 - 6,000 + deaths excluded from the official figure

going by UK's official figures which only includes Hospital deaths ... 1 in every 11 UK citizen lives in Scotland and the death rate for Scotland is almost 1 in 18 UK citizen when you add the unofficial number it's nearer 1 in every 23 or 24 Britain dead is in Scotland

before someone thinks the above post is me gloating i'm not it's a horrid disease my local care home for the elderly is just around the corner from where i live .... 20 elderly patients have sadly lost there lives i'm from a small town of just under 20,000 and my niece's next door neighbour was taken away by ambulance men last saturday in hazmat suits and the poor lassie was dead by Wedensday leaving 3 kids motherless and and a husband she was in her 30s and no underlying health problems ... my niece is a carer for the council and she is utterly terrified of getting it as she has 2 kids

speaking of which..................
~.............................
This video came up in my feed (sorry Chagos - too much useful stuff on Youtube for me to ever walk away)................~
...............and for the lighter side:

[video]https://www.clarin.com/revista-enie/sublime-tributo-ballet-opera-paris-medicos_0_XFaJZzOgC.html[/video]

in the spirit of which:

long way to walk if you lose the ball.

speaking of which.................................and for the lighter side:

[video]https://www.clarin.com/revista-enie/sublime-tributo-ballet-opera-paris-medicos_0_XFaJZzOgC.html[/video]

The editing is just sublime in some sections of this. Just beautiful.

in the spirit of which:

long way to walk if you lose the ball.

Whereas the idea is funny - but the editing jumps out here.

Having said that - thanks for both - and once again proves you DO have a softer side when even you can put being curmudgeonly aside to post a Youtube clip.

I'm going to share the ballet link with my media teaching buddies - hopefully that will inspire them / their students.

before someone thinks the above post is me gloating i'm not it's a horrid disease my local care home for the elderly is just around the corner from where i live .... 20 elderly patients have sadly lost there lives i'm from a small town of just under 20,000 and my niece's next door neighbour was taken away by ambulance men last saturday in hazmat suits and the poor lassie was dead by Wedensday leaving 3 kids motherless and and a husband she was in her 30s and no underlying health problems ... my niece is a carer for the council and she is utterly terrified of getting it as she has 2 kids

So I wish good health to your niece!

As we say here: "Bleib gesund! = Stay healthy!" :peace

The editing is just sublime in some sections of this. Just beautiful................~

~.................once again proves you DO have a softer side when even you can put being curmudgeonly aside to post a Youtube clip.
the curmudgeon rests when faced with beauty, it's the ugliness (of which youtube has plenty) that brings him out ;)

~ the ugliness (of which youtube has plenty) ~

I don't disagree one bit. I have however learned Sketchup / how to silicone seal properly / basics of computer coding to support my daughter's projects etc etc . It's also got lots of really good tech reviews that helped my purchases of DIY equipment these last 5 years and how to repair my house after being flooded in 2015.

There's lots more but I don't want to produce a list to bore you with.

Last edited:
Not knocking the principle overall (I'm actually in favor of it) watching German news today showed what idiocy a federal system can at times produce.

As such 5 of the 16 German states have meanwhile made the wearing of a face mask obligatory in confined spaces (like for instance public transport), while others (if not all) are expected to follow suit.

One argument supplied by the hesitant to not follow the line so far, has been the fear that wearing a mask might create a false sense of security to the wearer, thus tempting him/her to become lax on own physical distancing.

The idiocy of this take was worryingly demonstrated in Thuringia today, where wearing has been made obligatory and the gubmint is consequently supplying face masks. However, queues forming outside the outlet points at town halls etc. showed hundreds that didn't have a mask yet but were so close to each other that they might as well have been kissing.

Just for the record and to those who still haven't understood yet: The "common" mask is designed to protect others from you, NOT YOU from OTHERS.

So when you get home, wash the darn thing to eradicate what anyone may have breathed onto its outside. 60 degC in the washer are recommended or bake it in the oven at that temperature. And don't touch the mask itself when taking it off, take it by its elastics or other ribbons of fixture.

Then wash your hands.

Ya morons :mrgreen:

;)

Well, however badly our governments are doing here - Americans always seem want to do things at a bigger scale if this article is accurate.

Thing is however, many of our governments are working with the opposition to deal with the crisis. I really can't see the partisan divide being breached by Americans, especially in election year.

Don't you think Merkel will follow Trump's lead and promote injecting bleach too? ;)

[sarkasmus]I can see it now - Merkel, Macron and others will put out a joint statement to follow America's lead.. [/sarkasmus]

What makes me really crazy: everybody can proof the facts easily - why can´t the Trump supporters manage to see what kind of man this guy is.... I really begin to doubt the "sapiens" in homo sapiens....

What makes me really crazy: everybody can proof the facts easily - why can´t the Trump supporters manage to see what kind of man this guy is.... I really begin to doubt the "sapiens" in homo sapiens....

You failed at your duty to educate yourself...this is the main problem.

We who love Trump know what we are doing.

I read a funny quote on Trump the other day "it is increasingly impossible to see Trump himself as anything other than a diagnostic agent, a sort of barium meal run through the system to test the strength of the US checks and balances."

Trump supporters are either blind to what he is doing or have strapped themselves in too far as "Trump supporters" and are bound to support and defend him to the death or to idiocracy - whichever comes first.

I read a funny quote on Trump the other day "it is increasingly impossible to see Trump himself as anything other than a diagnostic agent, a sort of barium meal run through the system to test the strength of the US checks and balances."

Trump supporters are either blind to what he is doing or have strapped themselves in too far as "Trump supporters" and are bound to support and defend him to the death or to idiocracy - whichever comes first.

okay, that may be a reason

to admit having been wrong requires greatness you cannot expect from somebody who voted this man into office..

Back
Top Bottom