• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2017: One Mass Shooting Per Month, Min

why is it a problem? given the number of guns legally owned, I'd say its not much of a problem

I'd say if you don't have any valid solutions, your reasons for constantly posting stuff like this suggests your motivations are not based on a desire to solve the problem that you talk about constantly but rather to bash gun owners.
Hmm..at least one mass shooting per month...

Yeah, your argument is a lot like Aunt Mae saying Joey doesn't have a drinking problem since he drinks every day but only passes out and pisses his pants once a week.

Hmm..at least one mass shooting per month...

Yeah, your argument is a lot like Aunt Mae saying Joey doesn't have a drinking problem since he drinks every day but only passes out and pisses his pants once a week.

do you have a rational solution. Given the number of guns and so forth, one mass shooting a month isn't all that many for 400 million guns. at what point in terms of numbers is there a problem? unless you can answer that, your rantings are nothing more than nonsense.

You gotta start somewhere. And, the bare minimum required to get started is admitting that the US has a problem with gun violence.

It's like confronting a drunk in the family. First, everyone has to admit Joey has a problem. No chance moving forward without that first step.

First you need to consider that it is Joey that has the problem and not his cousin twice removed or everyone else. You don't solve Joey's drinking problem by telling every member of the extended family that they need to stop drinking. Less than 1% of gun owners have a gun violence problem. Concentrate on that segment.

First you need to consider that it is Joey that has the problem and not his cousin twice removed or everyone else. You don't solve Joey's drinking problem by telling every member of the extended family that they need to stop drinking. Less than 1% of gun owners have a gun violence problem. Concentrate on that segment.

you assume that the problem that really vexes Calamity is criminals with guns. its not, its the way gun owners vote

Will the insanity ever end? Probably not. It will only increase. Gun Rights Lobby is too strong. Giving an inch will never happen. Bodies will only pile up.

Even under the narrowest definition, there's been at least 1 mass shooting every month this year - CNN.com

But, make no mistake, it is gun culture that is at the root of this. Americans love their guns. And, they reach for them when pissed off. And, that is happening more and more with each and every passing month.

Your countrymen like having the facility to kill one another much more easily than they can in other countries. Until they stop liking that then the lame excuses for it will continue and the bodies will just keep piling up

I suspect Hollywood has much to do with the promotion of that mindset

Your countrymen like having the facility to kill one another much more easily than they can in other countries. Until they stop liking that then the lame excuses for it will continue and the bodies will just keep piling up

I suspect Hollywood has much to do with the promotion of that mindset

Countrymen like killing more easily?

That is about as ignorant as a American saying that the EU is intentionally killing it's own by naturalizing Islamic bombers.

False

THUMB.jpg
Wow that is an incredibly dishonest way to trend that graph

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

why is it a problem? given the number of guns legally owned, I'd say its not much of a problem

I'd say if you don't have any valid solutions, your reasons for constantly posting stuff like this suggests your motivations are not based on a desire to solve the problem that you talk about constantly but rather to bash gun owners.

Constantly posting like this? Wtf are you talking about? I've maybe started 3 gun control sub threads all year. And, none are bashing gun owners.

do you have a rational solution. Given the number of guns and so forth, one mass shooting a month isn't all that many for 400 million guns. at what point in terms of numbers is there a problem? unless you can answer that, your rantings are nothing more than nonsense.

That is a really bad argument. It's like saying one DUI fatality a month isn't all that bad since Joey drinks and drives everyday.

Gun owners are much more likely to kill family members or themselves than non-gun owners. That statistic has been posted here several times before.

That is a really bad argument. It's like saying one DUI fatality a month isn't all that bad since Joey drinks and drives everyday.

Yet you keep avoiding the real question over and over. "At what point in terms of numbers is there a problem?" what is the solution to the problem without giving up our rights?

Gun owners are much more likely to kill family members or themselves than non-gun owners. That statistic has been posted here several times before.

No shit. Because a non-gun owner does not have a gun duh! That is a really stupid argument. A person with a swimming pool is far more likely to kill a family member or themselves than non pool owners.

The Centers for Disease Control report that here in the United States, on average, 3,536 people died from drowning annually from 2005 to 2014, which equates to 10 deaths each day. Then there are the thousands of others who suffer swimming pool-related injuries each year.

In fact, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that an average of 4,900 people received emergency care for injuries suffered in a swimming pools or spas each year in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- https://www.edgarsnyder.com/swimming-pool/swimming-pool-statistics.html

So by your logic, swimming pools per capita, are far more likely killers than guns.

No shit. Because a non-gun owner does not have a gun duh! That is a really stupid argument. A person with a swimming pool is far more likely to kill a family member or themselves than non pool owners.

The Centers for Disease Control report that here in the United States, on average, 3,536 people died from drowning annually from 2005 to 2014, which equates to 10 deaths each day. Then there are the thousands of others who suffer swimming pool-related injuries each year.

In fact, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that an average of 4,900 people received emergency care for injuries suffered in a swimming pools or spas each year in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- https://www.edgarsnyder.com/swimming-pool/swimming-pool-statistics.html

So by your logic, swimming pools per capita, are far more likely killers than guns.

Are there mass drowning at least once a month like there are mass shootings?

Irrelevant to your comment or my reply. Instead of constantly resorting to a red herrings. Why don't you actually respond to what I said. You said...

Please feel free to point out where you mentioned "mass shootings" in said statement? Just for the record dead is dead be it a single pool or bullet. So adding the "mass" argument in this case is just more hyperbole.

Irrelevant to your comment or my reply. Instead of constantly resorting to a red herrings. Why don't you actually respond to what I said. You said...

Please feel free to point out where you mentioned "mass shootings" in said statement? Just for the record dead is dead be it a single pool or bullet. So adding the "mass" argument in this case is just more hyperbole.
Thread is about mass shootings. Gun owners, who are, as you admitted, more likely to kill family members than non-gun owners, are more likely to commit mass shootings than pool owners are to experience mass drownings. Fact.

You do realize how goofy that meme is I hope. That is like saying you are more likely to die in an airplane crash if you fly than someone who doesn't fly. How about "if you have alcohol in the home, you are more likely to kill/injure yourself or family members while in a drunken fit of rage than someone who does not have alcohol in the home. (This actually occurs more often) The statistics your meme relies on conveniently leave out pertinent information. While it is logically correct, the actual real world probability is very, very low unless you are involved in the drug culture, have a history of violent behavior or are suicidal. Real life statistics show that your meme only affect a fraction of 1% out of many millions of legal gun owners. Your supposed statistic only appeals to folks that do not understand probability/statistics and are too lazy to take the time to understand.

Will the insanity ever end? Probably not. It will only increase. Gun Rights Lobby is too strong. Giving an inch will never happen. Bodies will only pile up.

Even under the narrowest definition, there's been at least 1 mass shooting every month this year - CNN.com

But, make no mistake, it is gun culture that is at the root of this. Americans love their guns. And, they reach for them when pissed off. And, that is happening more and more with each and every passing month.

I'm curious as to the body count, the actual number.

During this same time period, how many people were killed on US highways? We are fascinated with our cars and trucks, and I wonder if more people are killed in highway accidents than in "mass" shootings?

So you are not so much concerned with the actual numbers of tragic deaths but how they occur. Interesting insight....

I'm curious as to the body count, the actual number.

During this same time period, how many people were killed on US highways? We are fascinated with our cars and trucks, and I wonder if more people are killed in highway accidents than in "mass" shootings?

Number one cause of accidental death today is opiate overdose. We are talking guns though---intentional homicides, to be exact.

Thread is about mass shootings. Gun owners, who are, as you admitted, more likely to kill family members than non-gun owners, are more likely to commit mass shootings than pool owners are to experience mass drownings. Fact.

The thread has nothing to do with my direct responce to your direct statement...

I am still waiting for you to point out what "mass shootings" have to do with this particular statement. You know the one I responded too. Also be it mass shooting or not, per capita pools are more dangerous. SO how do you respond to that. Do we need to ban pools? How about mandatory pool locks?

The whole mass shooting thing is again you just avoiding your statement and now trying to move the goal posts with a red herring.

Sorry not playing your sputter gag game, lol.

So you are not so much concerned with the actual numbers of tragic deaths but how they occur. Interesting insight....

Note the sub-forum: gun control. Hence, the discussion being about "guns."

Note the sub-forum: gun control. Hence, the discussion being about "guns."

So why not answer the question? Or does it throw your logic out the window? LMAO!

You do realize how goofy that meme is I hope. That is like saying you are more likely to die in an airplane crash if you fly than someone who doesn't fly. How about "if you have alcohol in the home, you are more likely to kill/injure yourself or family members while in a drunken fit of rage than someone who does not have alcohol in the home. (This actually occurs more often) The statistics your meme relies on conveniently leave out pertinent information. While it is logically correct, the actual real world probability is very, very low unless you are involved in the drug culture, have a history of violent behavior or are suicidal. Real life statistics show that your meme only affect a fraction of 1% out of many millions of legal gun owners. Your supposed statistic only appeals to folks that do not understand probability/statistics and are too lazy to take the time to understand.

Why? Are you saying that no one can kill without a gun? Or, maybe...you are inadvertently admitting that having a gun makes killing people in your home easier. On that I would agree.

So why not answer the question? Or does it throw your logic out the window? LMAO!

Why not stay on topic? You all should try that sometime. It would make this sub-forum more enjoyable.

Number one cause of accidental death today is opiate overdose. We are talking guns though---intentional homicides, to be exact.

Opioids, not opiates.

Intentional homicides must include, necessarily, homicides from all sources, including people driving on the sidewalks of Times Square and elsewhere and killing pedestrians.

Back
Top Bottom