• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

YouTuber accused topping 150 mph on his motorcycle on Colorado interstate wanted on multiple charges

I kept experiencing a wobble in the front wheel whenever I tried to exceed 135 mph. I don't know if it was the bike or my driving ability, maybe a combination of both. Either way I was not comfortable driving any faster. I was driving a 1989 Yahama V-Max, which was the fastest production bike at that time and had no problem reaching speeds in excess of 150 mph.

The bike most likely.

I was far from being a great rider, but the YZF R1 which had a tested top speed of 178 mph, ( not tested by me) felt extremely stable at 155 mph.

The tires, the forks or fork angle could all play a part.

Heck that wobble occurs to Jeep Wranglers at higher speeds

The bike most likely.

I was far from being a great rider, but the YZF R1 which had a tested top speed of 178 mph, ( not tested by me) felt extremely stable at 155 mph.

The tires, the forks or fork angle could all play a part.

Heck that wobble occurs to Jeep Wranglers at higher speeds
I never cared for motorcycles where I had to lay on the gas tank to drive. I preferred motorcycles that allowed me to sit upright. I suppose it has to do with the fairing. You want to be behind that fairing as much as possible to prevent the wind from hitting you, so you crouch behind it when driving fast. I never had a fairing on my motorcycles. With a full-face helmet I didn't need one. However, it did mean that I had to use my stomach muscles to fight the wind. You can't use the handle-bars to hang on because that will certainly cause you to lose your front-wheel.

Whenever I drove in excess of 100 mph, which was most of the time, I would only hang on to the handle-bars with just enough pressure to keep the throttle open. I put as little pressure on the handle-bars as possible, dreading that wobble. I have had blow-outs on my rear wheel before, and was able to keep from losing control of the bike, but as soon as you loose that front-wheel your toast and there is nothing you can do.

Back
Top Bottom