• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

YouTuber accused topping 150 mph on his motorcycle on Colorado interstate wanted on multiple charges

The Yamaha was fast, but being a shaft drive didn't handle corners well.
I do remember the rush. Lay down on the tank, put your feet on the rear pegs and twist the throttle open and hear it howl.
I loved Dunlop tires, hated Goodyears and Contis.
The only time I laid it over was due to the Continental tire on the ass end losing it's grip. Never felt confident again with that tire on.

This will sound hilarious to everyone who knows the car but when I was 16-17 years old I used to drive my '73 convertible Kharmann Ghia like it was a Ferrari. I hit 100mph on the freeway once and the chassis was vibrating so hard I hit the brakes for fear the car would shake apart.

All that without wearing a seatbelt. We are all Deadpool at that age - no fear of death.
Sounds familiar. I had a friend with a piece of junk Porsche 914, but he liked to take it to high speeds, and it would shake like that. I finally just wouldn't get in the car with him. I drove a Jeep CJ-7. Top speed about 65.... :rolleyes:

Thankfully I started riding motorcycles at an age where my brains had finally caught up to my testosterone levels or else I might be a grease stain on some highway somewhere.
Though I will admit to being well over 50 years of age and driving my Challenger at well over 100mph topping out at 123 iirc. But it was civilized. Not a ripple in the cup of coffee in the center console.

Myself have never cared to have a road bike. Preferred my riding on dirt.
It's not always the rider being a dumbass that will get you in trouble.
One friend of mine hit a patch of gravel in a turn after dark and sent him into the ditch. Crushed vertebrae, F ed up for life.
Another, cruising at speed, had someone pull out in his path. T boned them. Lucky to be alive. Wasn't much he didn't break.

But plenty out there ask for trouble. Mom's old employers son had just got a bike and went riding with a couple buddies. They estimated he was about 100mph, topped a hill and lost control. Was decapitated.

If we’re lucky, when this guy gets hauled in front of a judge in Colorado, the court should video the sentencing and post it to YouTube, complete with Gixxer Brah being led off in handcuffs and shackles to jail.
I doubt they're gonna extradite for speeding. :cool: Dude keeps it up, he'll prob'ly show up in the obits somewhere. ;)

Speed is not the problem.
The problem is how well trained drivers are and if they expect high speeds. It's why the German autobahns aren't a complete death trap despite having no speed limits and people regularly doing over 150mph.
The German and UK driving test is difficult and the germans know that someone may pop up doing a high speed and thus respect the lane rules.

Do you still remember the rush? I do.
I used to race on the twisties, I'd get up early and head out on the Sea to Sky hiway from Vancouver to Whistler. There was usually a like-minded individual just ahead or coming up behind. I had the hp to leave almost everyone behind but I remember a good go with a Norton Commando. He had his engine punched out and his frame was superior, he had great handling. But he had a single disc on the front and a drum on the back and before long he was fading and I could hit the corners much harder than he could.
Good times.
I remember the rush but was to cheap to risk sliding the bike and damaging the fairing

Never did wheelies for the fear of damaging the engine or flipping.

But the acceleration and speed is something I still remember.

Loved riding even the lower displacement bikes ( still light weight

I doubt they're gonna extradite for speeding. :cool: Dude keeps it up, he'll prob'ly show up in the obits somewhere. ;)
Yeah, maybe. But it was more than just run of the mill speeding. Reckless driving, street racing, public endangerment, driving on the highway shoulder, and probably a few more charges they can come up with. For the record, I agree with your second sentence wholeheartedly. He’s escaped having his card pulled so far, but the odds aren’t in his favor.

Couple the laundry list of charges along with the YouTube video, which basically gave the middle finger to Colorado road laws, and I could actually see the state springing for the transportation costs to bring him from Texas to Colorado. I mean, Texas authorities already have him in custody, so it can’t be that big of a deal or too much cost to get him in front of a Colorado judge. Make an example of him for all those fools that think his stunt deserves to be replicated.

We’ll see.

This will sound hilarious to everyone who knows the car but when I was 16-17 years old I used to drive my '73 convertible Kharmann Ghia like it was a Ferrari. I hit 100mph on the freeway once and the chassis was vibrating so hard I hit the brakes for fear the car would shake apart.

All that without wearing a seatbelt. We are all Deadpool at that age - no fear of death.
I'm amazed that you managed to get 100mph from a Karman Ghia. That act by itself is very impressive from a car that has less than 50hp. I rode in a Beetle at 60mph and I thought we were going to die.

I'm amazed that you managed to get 100mph from a Karman Ghia. That act by itself is very impressive from a car that has less than 50hp. I rode in a Beetle at 60mph and I thought we were going to die.
It took a while. Hell, 0-60 was a two hour affair. ;)

But I loved that little car. I still miss it.

DENVER (AP) — A motorcyclist who authorities say posted a video of himself on YouTube speeding from Colorado Springs to the Denver metro area on Interstate 25 in 20 minutes — a trip that typically takes about an hour — is wanted on multiple charges.
===================================================

Rendon Dietzmann, a 32-year-old from Texas, recorded himself Sept. 28 going more than 150 mph (241 kph), squeezing through small gaps in traffic and traveling on the shoulder, according to a Colorado State Patrol news release sent Wednesday. The video has since been deleted from YouTube, but the State Patrol shared a clip with the news release.

Dietzmann, who is known as Gixxer Brah on YouTube, has posted multiple similar videos from different parts of the country. He is wanted on charges of menacing, engaging in a speed contest, reckless endangerment, reckless driving, speeding 40 mph (64 kph) over the limit, engaging in an exhibition of speed and driving without license plates attached.
========================================================
His favorite phrase: 'Good morning, your Honor.'
Hopefully he has arranged to have his organs donated.

I was immortal when I was in my 20's and I survived it. Not everyone who was immortal survived.
My highest speed on a motorcycle was 135 in Nevada but that was in the '70's. Bikes are much faster now. Young men with aggressive, arrogant bents have always been attracted to powerful motorcycles for the simple purity of the experience.
I know now that highway racing and top-speed runs are wrong, of course, endangering others on the road, but looking back I don't regret having done any of it.
As long as male bodies produce high levels of testosterone at that age this kind of stuff will happen.
Now im glad i always wear a helmet.

If you go those speeds always bring an airbag vest too and skid resistant and padded clothing and gloves.

My top speed was 250 KPH in a car on the Autobahn, once, and once was enough.

I remember watching an interview with an origonal Top Gear presenter who used to be a racing driver who said he didn't like driving road cars fast and had never been over 200mph despite being in cars well able to do that many times.
If you crash on a road at those sorts of speeds you're just really, really dead.

A race track is one thing but a road has people of all skill levels and things like road signs and lights that will make a reall mess.

Mine was late '70's Kawasaki, KZ1000 LTD. Don't even remember what year it was but it was the fastest thing on two wheels when I bought it. That winter Suzuki brought out a 1000, Yamaha brought out an 1100 and Honda brought out a CBX, all with more horsepower.
That Kaw had about 85 hp., weak by modern standards but it started making horsepower at 6,000 rpm and redlined at 9 grand. It was an eye-opener back then.
Haven't thought about that era in years.

FJ1100 - 146 claimed top speed. I came close to that once on a section of I-15. Just once.

Last vehicle I have tried for top end on.

My current bike is electronically limited to 132.

Sounds familiar. I had a friend with a piece of junk Porsche 914, but he liked to take it to high speeds, and it would shake like that. I finally just wouldn't get in the car with him. I drove a Jeep CJ-7. Top speed about 65.... :rolleyes:

1983 Dodge B-150 with an 85hp slant six. In a head wind in top gear it struggled to maintain 60mph.

Good news. It was manual.

:)

FJ1100 - 146 claimed top speed. I came close to that once on a section of I-15. Just once.

Last vehicle I have tried for top end on.

My current bike is electronically limited to 132.
Wasn't your avatar a pic of a Royal Enfield for awhile? I loved British bikes, learned to ride on my friends Triumphs. I bought that Japanese bike and spent days trying to shift gears with the brake pedal!

DENVER (AP) — A motorcyclist who authorities say posted a video of himself on YouTube speeding from Colorado Springs to the Denver metro area on Interstate 25 in 20 minutes — a trip that typically takes about an hour — is wanted on multiple charges.
===================================================

Rendon Dietzmann, a 32-year-old from Texas, recorded himself Sept. 28 going more than 150 mph (241 kph), squeezing through small gaps in traffic and traveling on the shoulder, according to a Colorado State Patrol news release sent Wednesday. The video has since been deleted from YouTube, but the State Patrol shared a clip with the news release.

Dietzmann, who is known as Gixxer Brah on YouTube, has posted multiple similar videos from different parts of the country. He is wanted on charges of menacing, engaging in a speed contest, reckless endangerment, reckless driving, speeding 40 mph (64 kph) over the limit, engaging in an exhibition of speed and driving without license plates attached.
========================================================
His favorite phrase: 'Good morning, your Honor.'
An idiot with a death wish; if you want to turn yourself into a 100-meter gooey red smear on a road, that's none of my biz....just don't do it where you could harm or kill others,

I remember watching an interview with an origonal Top Gear presenter who used to be a racing driver who said he didn't like driving road cars fast and had never been over 200mph despite being in cars well able to do that many times.
If you crash on a road at those sorts of speeds you're just really, really dead.

A race track is one thing but a road has people of all skill levels and things like road signs and lights that will make a reall mess.
Oh, yeah. The best automotive engineering in the world won't help on a highway at 250 KPH. Which is why I did it.

Wasn't your avatar a pic of a Royal Enfield for awhile? I loved British bikes, learned to ride on my friends Triumphs. I bought that Japanese bike and spent days trying to shift gears with the brake pedal!

2012 Royal Enfield. Bought new. Sucked an intake valve a few years later at the same time Royal Enfield India botched the supply service system in the states. Before that it ran like a top. When all 28 bhp were churning it was fun. It sits in my carport gathering dust along with a Yamaha XV920 from 1982.

Mine was late '70's Kawasaki, KZ1000 LTD. Don't even remember what year it was but it was the fastest thing on two wheels when I bought it. That winter Suzuki brought out a 1000, Yamaha brought out an 1100 and Honda brought out a CBX, all with more horsepower.
That Kaw had about 85 hp., weak by modern standards but it started making horsepower at 6,000 rpm and redlined at 9 grand. It was an eye-opener back then.
Haven't thought about that era in years.

I was timed on my KZ650 at 117 mph by a state trooper's calibrated radar gun. I was issued an official document attesting to that, which also noted the speed was attained in a 55 mph zone.

I saw an indicated 135 while riding pillion on a friend's Kawasaki Mach IV triple, but the speedometers in those days were somewhat optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom