• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

YouTuber accused topping 150 mph on his motorcycle on Colorado interstate wanted on multiple charges

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

DENVER (AP) — A motorcyclist who authorities say posted a video of himself on YouTube speeding from Colorado Springs to the Denver metro area on Interstate 25 in 20 minutes — a trip that typically takes about an hour — is wanted on multiple charges.
===================================================

Rendon Dietzmann, a 32-year-old from Texas, recorded himself Sept. 28 going more than 150 mph (241 kph), squeezing through small gaps in traffic and traveling on the shoulder, according to a Colorado State Patrol news release sent Wednesday. The video has since been deleted from YouTube, but the State Patrol shared a clip with the news release.

Dietzmann, who is known as Gixxer Brah on YouTube, has posted multiple similar videos from different parts of the country. He is wanted on charges of menacing, engaging in a speed contest, reckless endangerment, reckless driving, speeding 40 mph (64 kph) over the limit, engaging in an exhibition of speed and driving without license plates attached.
========================================================
His favorite phrase: 'Good morning, your Honor.'

According to the Denver Post, this guy was arrested Wednesday in Justin, Texas on an assault charge.

YouTuber Arrested

I hope he gets extradited to Colorado so the court and judge there can sentence him to the maximum allowable sentences for his charges. The guy is a danger and a menace on the roads.

Had me at 'You Tuber'.
Yep, people do stupid shit for 'fame and fortune'.
This is the intersection of 'The internet is a blessing and a curse"

The negatives are topping the positives.
Humanity, ****ed.

I remember a new story several years back where police in my city back then set up a sting operation after repeated reports of a motorcyclist traveling a particular stretch of road at excessive speeds.

After a few nights they caught the guy going 125 mph. When approached he handed the keys to the officer and said "Take the bike, I can't not do this."

Never forget that good, responsible driving is an aspirational notion. That may not be what it’s supposed to be, but that’s what it is.

I remember a new story several years back where police in my city back then set up a sting operation after repeated reports of a motorcyclist traveling a particular stretch of road at excessive speeds.

After a few nights they caught the guy going 125 mph. When approached he handed the keys to the officer and said "Take the bike, I can't not do this."
I was immortal when I was in my 20's and I survived it. Not everyone who was immortal survived.
My highest speed on a motorcycle was 135 in Nevada but that was in the '70's. Bikes are much faster now. Young men with aggressive, arrogant bents have always been attracted to powerful motorcycles for the simple purity of the experience.
I know now that highway racing and top-speed runs are wrong, of course, endangering others on the road, but looking back I don't regret having done any of it.
As long as male bodies produce high levels of testosterone at that age this kind of stuff will happen.

I was immortal when I was in my 20's and I survived it. Not everyone who was immortal survived.
My highest speed on a motorcycle was 135 in Nevada but that was in the '70's. Bikes are much faster now. Young men with aggressive, arrogant bents have always been attracted to powerful motorcycles for the simple purity of the experience.
I know now that highway racing and top-speed runs are wrong, of course, endangering others on the road, but looking back I don't regret having done any of it.
As long as male bodies produce high levels of testosterone at that age this kind of stuff will happen.

My top speed was 255 kph which is basically 155 mph.

It was a nice Yamaha YZF R1 1998 model

That is inexcusable. He is not just risking his own life.

Adrenaline junky?

My top speed was 255 kph which is basically 155 mph.

It was a nice Yamaha YZF R1 1998 model
Mine was late '70's Kawasaki, KZ1000 LTD. Don't even remember what year it was but it was the fastest thing on two wheels when I bought it. That winter Suzuki brought out a 1000, Yamaha brought out an 1100 and Honda brought out a CBX, all with more horsepower.
That Kaw had about 85 hp., weak by modern standards but it started making horsepower at 6,000 rpm and redlined at 9 grand. It was an eye-opener back then.
Haven't thought about that era in years.

Some pay the ultimate price. We hung out together a lot back in the day, went for motorcycle rides or just talked.
One of our friends was a risk taker and we tried talking some sense into him, to no avail. I remember telling him that he'll have his name in the obits if he keeps it up.
An hour later one of our friends stopped in and told us that the due had a run in with a combine. Spiked him and killed him instantly. I don't care how long ago that was, it still gives me the chill bumps.

Some pay the ultimate price. We hung out together a lot back in the day, went for motorcycle rides or just talked.
One of our friends was a risk taker and we tried talking some sense into him, to no avail. I remember telling him that he'll have his name in the obits if he keeps it up.
An hour later one of our friends stopped in and told us that the due had a run in with a combine. Spiked him and killed him instantly. I don't care how long ago that was, it still gives me the chill bumps.
Yet another proof of the illusionary nature of immortality.

Had me at 'You Tuber'.
Yep, people do stupid shit for 'fame and fortune'.
This is the intersection of 'The internet is a blessing and a curse"

The negatives are topping the positives.
Humanity, ****ed.
If we’re lucky, when this guy gets hauled in front of a judge in Colorado, the court should video the sentencing and post it to YouTube, complete with Gixxer Brah being led off in handcuffs and shackles to jail.

If we’re lucky, when this guy gets hauled in front of a judge in Colorado, the court should video the sentencing and post it to YouTube, complete with Gixxer Brah being led off in handcuffs and shackles to jail.
That would just turn on more 21st century nuts

That would just turn on more 21st century nuts
Taking down those law breaking, daredevil videos is a start. Those 21st century nuts get off on watching their brethren cheat death in online videos, then figure they can do it themselves.

Seeing one of their “role models” lose his freedom by spending some serious time in jail should be some kind of deterrent to at least a few of them. The problem is, they never see themselves getting caught. Well, old Gixxer Brah got caught, and his punishment should be on video, in my opinion.

This will sound hilarious to everyone who knows the car but when I was 16-17 years old I used to drive my '73 convertible Kharmann Ghia like it was a Ferrari. I hit 100mph on the freeway once and the chassis was vibrating so hard I hit the brakes for fear the car would shake apart.

All that without wearing a seatbelt. We are all Deadpool at that age - no fear of death.

Mine was late '70's Kawasaki, KZ1000 LTD. Don't even remember what year it was but it was the fastest thing on two wheels when I bought it. That winter Suzuki brought out a 1000, Yamaha brought out an 1100 and Honda brought out a CBX, all with more horsepower.
That Kaw had about 85 hp., weak by modern standards but it started making horsepower at 6,000 rpm and redlined at 9 grand. It was an eye-opener back then.
Haven't thought about that era in years.
I had the 1100 Yamaha, 1979, 95hp. 4 cylinder with a Kerker 4/1 exhaust, shaft drive. First production bike to break the 12 second 1/4 mile. (11.78 sec. @ 114.21 mph with a top speed of 135 mph - Cycle World 2/78) Had it over 130 a couple of times but only on stretches of highway that if I screwed up, the coyotes would benefit and no one but myself would be harmed. You have the right to go to Hell in the hand basket of your choosing, you don't have the right to take others with you.

This will sound hilarious to everyone who knows the car but when I was 16-17 years old I used to drive my '73 convertible Kharmann Ghia like it was a Ferrari. I hit 100mph on the freeway once and the chassis was vibrating so hard I hit the brakes for fear the car would shake apart.

All that without wearing a seatbelt. We are all Deadpool at that age - no fear of death.
I had a Triumph Spitfire, my girlfriend couldn't roll. We're cruising the streets of Manhattan, I'm rolling a joint, steering with one knee or the other depending on which foot needed to be on a pedal, while shouting: "2nd gear! No! 2nd gear! now 3rd!"

Seatbelts? LOL

I had the 1100 Yamaha, 1979, 95hp. 4 cylinder with a Kerker 4/1 exhaust, shaft drive. First production bike to break the 12 second 1/4 mile. (11.78 sec. @ 114.21 mph with a top speed of 135 mph - Cycle World 2/78) Had it over 130 a couple of times but only on stretches of highway that if I screwed up, the coyotes would benefit and no one but myself would be harmed. You have the right to go to Hell in the hand basket of your choosing, you don't have the right to take others with you.
Do you still remember the rush? I do.
I used to race on the twisties, I'd get up early and head out on the Sea to Sky hiway from Vancouver to Whistler. There was usually a like-minded individual just ahead or coming up behind. I had the hp to leave almost everyone behind but I remember a good go with a Norton Commando. He had his engine punched out and his frame was superior, he had great handling. But he had a single disc on the front and a drum on the back and before long he was fading and I could hit the corners much harder than he could.
Good times.

Back
Top Bottom