• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are women marching about? [W:182]

Re: What are women marching about?

You make it up for me. That's how you do this, innit?

When I said, “Women in the 50’s, like women in the Founders’ days, were very happy to raise their children at home and support their husbands, who went out to earn the money,” you said, “Women should forget about having interesting and challenging careers,” making it obvious you believe that women staying at home to raise children have uninteresting and unchallenging lives. Why would you think that about the FF’s mothers? And if you don’t think that, why haven’t you clarified? You haven’t said, “Raising the Founding Fathers would have been very interesting.” All you’ve done is complain.

So, what is your position? Spit it out.

I replied to Thor regarding the thread, not the OP:

Fair enough.

So we have a thread where a bunch of white men willfully can't understand what issues a group they don't belong to may be marching about. We've seen this movie before.

The OP was literally nothing a black woman's opinion, Thorgasm.

When I said, “Women in the 50’s, like women in the Founders’ days, were very happy to raise their children at home and support their husbands, who went out to earn the money,” you said, “Women should forget about having interesting and challenging careers,” making it obvious you believe that women staying at home to raise children have uninteresting and unchallenging lives. Why would you think that about the FF’s mothers? And if you don’t think that, why haven’t you clarified? You haven’t said, “Raising the Founding Fathers would have been very interesting.” All you’ve done is complain.

So, what is your position? Spit it out.

Please tell me you're willfully ignoring the obvious sarcasm, and not simply retarded.

Women in the 50’s, like women in the Founders’ days, were very happy to raise their children at home and support their husbands, who went out to earn the money. Since then feminazis have changed history to make it look like something else, and you subscribe to that propaganda as it was taught in school. What feminazis didn’t tell you was that under that natural system families used to use, the greatest things (including the U.S. Constitution) were created. Things like that are now under attack because families have broken up under the leadership of the Left.

You know who to "blame" for that?

Men. Men who went off in aim of conquest and war leaving women and children behind. The women went to work, as food growers, as welders, assemblers, and whatever was needed to meet the nation's needs, "Rosie the Riveter" was on the job, keeping America safe for their children.

So men sent them into the factories, but when they came home again they wanted their jobs back, and MAN has been bitching ever since.

The way things were more than a half century ago are gone; poof, dust in the wind. Women have displayed their competency in every discipline and arena from fire fighting to soldering to the professions: architecture, medicine, law, science and even space exploration. (If you really want to test that, suit up and do a period with Canada's Women's hockey team.)

And let's be honest, sometimes a woman is better at some things. Let's remember that Martin Luther King made a slot of speeches but it was a young woman who began the revolution for civil rights. Her name was Rosa Parks and she changed the world.

You know who to "blame" for that?

Men.

Wrong. You may blame feminists.

Men … went off in aim of conquest and war leaving women and children behind.

About 12 percent of American men went to war during WWII. The other 88% stayed behind to continue running the country.

https://www.quora.com/What-percent-...ut-of-the-entire-population-of-men-in-America

The women went to work, as food growers, as welders, assemblers, and whatever was needed to meet the nation's needs,

During WWII the percentage of American women who worked outside the home at paying work increased by only 11%. Most of them went back to what they were doing once the war finished.

The reason women began deserting the family unit was because feminists encouraged them to. They told women to get jobs, forget working in the kitchen, put off having children, and tell their husbands where to stick it. They told them that there was nothing wrong with divorce, and encouraged them to do it.

Because women are leading this particular movement, it is called the Women's March. And women acknowledge that men are needed in the movement as well. Men were commended for attending.

In the view of the participants, there is no appropriation going on. It's joining in. It's inclusion. I'm sorry, I don't see that women in general are facing less and less issues eiter. The cut backs to and increasing cost of healthcare, effects women. Cutting funding to Planned Parenthood, effects women. Restrictions on abortion, effects women.

Call it what you want and join in, Kal. However, I don't understand the need to rename it according to how you understand it. Millions of participants were very happy to join in "The Women's March". No explanations required.

So why didn't MLK call their protests Black March? Or African Americans United? Or something similar? Blacks were the ones that led the movement after all.

Calling this a "womans march" is imo doing a disservice to all the groups in there that have issues that have nothing to do with women. When a person hears "womens march" they're not going to think about immigration policies or disability rights or anything other than women's issues. Like abortion.

And I understand that in the view of the participants there is no appropriation going on but what about outside of the group? That is who these people are trying to target isn't it? The goal of any protest is to target those not in the group so that you can garner more people to your side so that you can get things changed to your way of thinking. Right? In order to do that you have to give a perception of what it is that you're about. Since this "women's march" isn't strictly about women...in fact most of the issues have nothing to do with women...then the perception that should be sent out is something neutral. Like the Civil Rights movement did 60 years ago. Otherwise people are going to get the wrong perception. BLM had the same problem. The perception of them, including their name, relegated them to being misunderstood and more often than not mocked.

American citizens march because they have a constitutional right to march. That should be enough for anyone.

Yep, but I've come to the conclusion that the far right of the GOP believes only white men with guns should be allowed to protest and march, and in some cases take over wildlife refuges.

Yep, but I've come to the conclusion that the far right of the GOP believes only white men with guns should be allowed to protest and march, and in some cases take over wildlife refuges.

sadly, I suspect you are correct.

They weren't specific.

Just as, I'm sure, every feminist in the world happens to be carrying a sign comparing a man to a dog...

So they can pass their male-hating, feminazi rhetoric on to a younger generation.

20180121_womensmarch_rogerkisby_083-86c6b932-2f75-4d5c-a702-c092d08f5750.jpg

What's wrong with teaching a girl that she should have the final say on her body? Would you like someone else to make the choice on what happens to your body?

What's wrong with teaching a girl that she should have the final say on her body? Would you like someone else to make the choice on what happens to your body?

I think the issue is that the 2nd wave male hating feminism is still out there. And it is counterproductive. Women actually need to learn to live in a world where men exist and have equal rights. Some men still want to be the protector and provider. And some men dont. And both of those groups get hate from the 2nd wave, but not the 3rd wave. Because 3rd wave understands the objective and 2nd wave doesn’t.

Yes. No means no. And no straight man should ever say or do things to a woman he wouldn’t want said or done to him in a prison. Or in a gay bar.

I think the issue is that the 2nd wave male hating feminism is still out there. And it is counterproductive. Women actually need to learn to live in a world where men exist and have equal rights. Some men still want to be the protector and provider. And some men dont. And both of those groups get hate from the 2nd wave, but not the 3rd wave. Because 3rd wave understands the objective and 2nd wave doesn’t.

Yes. No means no. And no straight man should ever say or do things to a woman he wouldn’t want said or done to him in a prison. Or in a gay bar.

I think you got your waves mixed up. The 3rd wave is the one that acts like that, not the 2nd.

Mets?:shock:

I think you got your waves mixed up. The 3rd wave is the one that acts like that, not the 2nd.

I did. Thank you. Been a while since I was in those silly culture diversity classes in college. I meant 4th wave vs 3rd. 3rd being the man hating type and 4th transcending that and moving on to reality where women are the majority and have to learn to live with men and understand men have their own feelings lol.

Ugh. Candance Owens is a dishonest fraud, with everything she had to do with Social Autopsy. I don't care what she has to say about anything.

I don't even know who she is. What's her claim to fame (besides being used to start this thread)?

Well the right of protest is granted to the people. That means only the militia according to the left.

:lamo

I don't even know who she is. What's her claim to fame (besides being used to start this thread)?

She's a black conservative. That's her claim to fame. But she's a fraud, and just a little under a year before she started presenting herself as a black conservative, her beliefs were radically different, but I think she just realised how profitable it could be if she hopped on the conservative train. But thankfully, she has been exposed by lots of people.

Comparing men to dogs.

20180121_womensmarch_rogerkisby_015-2d8927d9-7413-452d-923d-8c3a8bc139f5.jpg

They look like they are in high school. Your victim complex is screaming.

That is the question Candice Owens has...

someone is clearly angling for a job on Fox.

someone is clearly angling for a job on Fox.

There is so much SJW stupidity in this thread it hurts. If this was a womans march, there would be far more anti-hollywood and weinstien type signs instead of 90% anti-trump and anti-white male signs.

You want to empower your daughters, Put them in Jiu-jitsu, teach them to think and understand **** for themselves, build condifdence, don't teach them to be a victim with a sign.

Mets?:shock:

Yes!!! Steelers are out of it, so IMO the football season is done. It is time for Spring and baseball, I can't wait.

You're in NH, so you're probably a Red Sox fan. I have a daughter who lives in Mass., she's still a Mets fan but is slowing being brainwashed into being a Sox fan too. But IIRC you are a Rangers and NY Giants fan? Yes? so maybe you're not a RS fan!!

Back
Top Bottom