• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are women marching about? [W:182]

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
That is the question Candice Owens has...

Re: What are women marching about?

Issues important to Women and there are several subgroups focused on separate issues. Why is that a problem?

I went through this with someone last year and it didn't make sense to me, but seem perfectly logical to them: Their whole position was "We march to #Resist to Bring #Unity to the country!!!!" I was like, "Well, ok then, that makes purrrrfect sense"

Because when right wingers want to form an opinion, they listen to someone who admits they have no idea what the issue even is

So they can pass their male-hating, feminazi rhetoric on to a younger generation.

20180121_womensmarch_rogerkisby_083-86c6b932-2f75-4d5c-a702-c092d08f5750.jpg

https://www.womensmarch.com/mission/

That literally took me 5 seconds to find.

We believe that Women’s Rights are Human Rights and Human Rights are Women’s Rights. We must create a society in which women - including Black women, Native women, poor women, immigrant women, disabled women, Muslim women, lesbian queer and trans women - are free and able to care for and nurture their families, however they are formed, in safe and healthy environments free from structural impediments.

Funny how they mention Muslim women and yet from what I saw of the march there wasn't one single placard, sign, pamphlet ...ANYTHING about Muslim countries. It was all about the "oppression" that women "feel" in the US. Furthermore...what structural impediments are there?

Ending Violence: Looks to me like they're trying to hitch their wagon to the BLM movement here. Never mind the fact that women are given far more preferential treatment in our justice system (including LEO interactions) than men.

Reproductive Rights: I can stand behind them on the abortion deal and, although it doesn't mention it, stand behind them on keeping PP. But seriously...who the hell is trying to prevent women from "HIV/AIDS care and prevention"?

LGBTQIA Rights: I can get behind LGBTQ rights. Beyond that...wth does this have to do with Women?

Worker's Rights: There is no gender pay gap. It's a myth. And immigration issues has nothing to do with women issues.

Civil Rights: WTH? Who the hell is trying to stop them from voting? From practicing whatever religion they want? Stop them from having free speech?

Disability Rights: What does this have to do with women? And what rights do the disabled not have that everyone else does have?

Immigrant Rights: In other words they believe in open borders. They have no concept of limitation of resources. In either case...wth does this have to do with women again?

Environmental Justice: Absolutely nothing to do with women's issues. None. Notta. Zilch.

All in all what's essentially happening here is they're trying to hook their bandwagon up to unrelated things in order to garner as much attention and people to their cause as is possible. Never mind that doing so defuses the ACTUAL women's issues that they do have. Never mind that it makes them so disjointed that they cannot put out a unified voice despite what they claim. As evidenced by the fact that when watching the March people were wondering wth they were marching about. Seriously, the only actual woman's issue that I saw in that whole list was the one about abortion. At least as far as the US is concerned.

Turning Point USA, the right-wing Buzzfeed. Just as reliable and meaningful too.

I view the women's marches and such as ultimately a reaction to Trump.

The sexist video reveal during the campaign offended many women very badly, but didn't cost him the election.

His relationships with his wives offends some women, who often judge celebrities by their spouses. I don't get it myself, it's seems like such an obvious love connection, right?

Everything that has followed is (arguably misdirected) Trump rage. They can't get him directly, so they'll get everyone else they can.

Consider many/most of the celebrity sex scandals were fairly widely known by insiders for a long time prior to the election, yet suddenly it became urgent that they all be exposed now, and as many examples be made as possible.

Possibly they thought they had made more progress, maybe they just hate Trump that much, maybe they really wanted a female president.

No doubt some are opportunists.

American citizens march because they have a constitutional right to march. That should be enough for anyone.

I hope she's well compensated for posting whatever that is. I didn't watch women march, and I'm not going to watch whoever-she-is kvetch about it.:lol:

https://www.womensmarch.com/mission/

That literally took me 5 seconds to find.

Well, let's take a look at their stated reasons for marching:

ENDING VIOLENCE
Violence against women, or anyone, is against the law and prosecuted heavily. Violence against women is perpetrated individually, it's not an institutional issue that can be solved through protest. Fail

REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS
Women have the right to reproduce without restriction. The real issue is whether they have the right to kill an unborn child for personal convenience.

LGBTQIA RIGHTS
This is not a women's issue and LGBTQIAZRYTUIKLJDES have the same rights as those of us who don't need a dictionary to know whether we were born with a penis or vagina.

WORKER’S RIGHTS
What rights do male workers have that female workers don't have? The answer is, none. As for the pay gap between men and women, that is pure propaganda. Men and women with identical jobs, who work identical hours, who work the same number of days per year, who are equally productive, who work for the same company and have an equal amount of seniority, generally make the same amount of money. Fail

CIVIL RIGHTS
Civil rights for women already exists... Women are afforded the same rights as men. Not a women's issue.

DISABILITY RIGHTS
Disabled women are afforded the same rights as disabled men. Not a women's issue.

IMMIGRANT RIGHTS
Women immigrants have the same rights as immigrant men. The real issue is that they want open borders, which is not a women's only issue.

ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE
This is a progressive political issue, not a woman's issue.

Conclusion: This is nothing more than a march to push the progressive political agenda that has little to do with women. It uses the false premise that women in America are being oppressed in order recruit supporters and gain national publicity.

AKA, it's a sham... Just like NOW is.

So they can pass their male-hating, feminazi rhetoric on to a younger generation.

20180121_womensmarch_rogerkisby_083-86c6b932-2f75-4d5c-a702-c092d08f5750.jpg

I don't believe that woman hate men, its probably just you they dislike.

Well some men will try to hump anything that moves just like a dog

Like the Fornicator in Chief sailing into Stormys port ?

because.....Trump!

Come on now, is this going to be the battle cry for the next three years?
If your tactics do not work, then you need to change your tactics.
Two honest and open minded questions:
1. What successes has the #RESIST movement made since his election?
2. How have these successes affected Trump's agenda?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Funny how they mention Muslim women and yet from what I saw of the march there wasn't one single placard, sign, pamphlet ...ANYTHING about Muslim countries. It was all about the "oppression" that women "feel" in the US. Furthermore...what structural impediments are there?

Ending Violence: Looks to me like they're trying to hitch their wagon to the BLM movement here. Never mind the fact that women are given far more preferential treatment in our justice system (including LEO interactions) than men.

Reproductive Rights: I can stand behind them on the abortion deal and, although it doesn't mention it, stand behind them on keeping PP. But seriously...who the hell is trying to prevent women from "HIV/AIDS care and prevention"?

LGBTQIA Rights: I can get behind LGBTQ rights. Beyond that...wth does this have to do with Women?

Worker's Rights: There is no gender pay gap. It's a myth. And immigration issues has nothing to do with women issues.

Civil Rights: WTH? Who the hell is trying to stop them from voting? From practicing whatever religion they want? Stop them from having free speech?

Disability Rights: What does this have to do with women? And what rights do the disabled not have that everyone else does have?

Immigrant Rights: In other words they believe in open borders. They have no concept of limitation of resources. In either case...wth does this have to do with women again?

Environmental Justice: Absolutely nothing to do with women's issues. None. Notta. Zilch.

All in all what's essentially happening here is they're trying to hook their bandwagon up to unrelated things in order to garner as much attention and people to their cause as is possible. Never mind that doing so defuses the ACTUAL women's issues that they do have. Never mind that it makes them so disjointed that they cannot put out a unified voice despite what they claim. As evidenced by the fact that when watching the March people were wondering wth they were marching about. Seriously, the only actual woman's issue that I saw in that whole list was the one about abortion. At least as far as the US is concerned.

So if they limit their march to issues facing women in the US alone, they are not inclusive enough. But if they march for a number of issues that women in the US face they are disjointed attention whores

AND LGTB issues are related to gender discrimination - an issue the march focuses on.

Back
Top Bottom