• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:80] Trump encourages Israel, our ‘ally’, to block US lawmakers from travel

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is unbelievable.

Israel just refused to allow two US Congresswomen into the country after Trump urged Israel to ban them from entering.

And Israel just did it.

Israel blocks Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib from entering country – live | US news | The Guardian

Two amazing things here...

1) Has a US President ever appealed to another country to block travel of a Congressperson?

2) has a purported ‘ally’ EVER blocked a US lawmaker from travel to their country because of their free exercise of speech?

Has our ally allowed entry to Congress persons who are anti-semites who believe Israel is an occupation and has no right to exist? Who support Hamas? Who regularly support entities which condone killing Jews?
Look, this is a lose-lose for Israel. They let these evil cretins into their country and shower them with hospitality and attempt to appeal to any semblance of reason, and they will be attacked.
They deny entry, they get attacked.

Tlaib and Omar are anti-Semites who hate Israel. That's not going to change.

This is unbelievable.

Israel just refused to allow two US Congresswomen into the country after Trump urged Israel to ban them from entering.

And Israel just did it.

Israel blocks Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib from entering country – live | US news | The Guardian

1) Has a US President ever appealed to another country to block travel of a Congressperson?

2) has a purported ‘ally’ EVER blocked a US lawmaker from travel to their country because of their free exercise of speech?

They are a sovereign country and do not have to allow anyone in who they believe endangers their national security or believe will foment further trouble that can lead to violence. Why is it so important to you that Tlaib and Omar who both hate our nation's ally Israel and foment antisemitic conspiracy theories against it be let in?

Last edited:
They are a sovereign country and do not have to allow anyone in who they believe endangers their national security or believe will foment further trouble that can lead to violence. Why is it so important to you that Tlaib and Omar who both hate our nation's ally Israel and foment antisemitic conspiracy theories against it be let in?

They’re in Congress.

Allies don’t block Congressional delegations from entry.

At least, not real Allies.

Now we know.

If Israel made this decision on there own although I would find it odd an ally denying access to US government officials, they are a sovereign nation and could do anything they want.

The fact that the US president stepped in this is disgusting.

What I want to know is what happens if Mexico or any country denies access to a Congress person?
Or more important what happens when Trump's out of office?
Just more norms broken.

They’re in Congress.

Allies don’t block Congressional delegations from entry.

At least, not real Allies.

Now we know.

Are Omar and Tlaib allies of Israel? Do they represent America as a whole? They are not ambassadors. They are constituent members of the lower house of our Legislature. They represent no one but themselves and their constituents in their home districts.

Israel does not have to allow entry to these two antisemites anymore than Kenya (which is also a U.S. ally) has to allow entry to a delegation led by a white supremacist like Steve King.

Last edited:
Are Omar and Tlaib allies of Israel? Do they represent America as a whole?

Israel does not have to allow entry to these two antisemites anymore than Kenya has to allow entry to a delegation led by a white supremacist like Steve King.

So do you have any other instance of a President urging another nation to block lawmakers travel?

And another instance of an ally refusing admission to US Congresspeople?

God bless Israel.

So do you have any other instance of a President urging another nation to block lawmakers travel?

And another instance of an ally refusing admission to US Congresspeople?

Not off the top of my head, Threegoofs. But neither do I recall two U.S. Congresspeople asking to visit a country they said they hated and by all indications would wish to see wiped off the map and its people exterminated.

This is unbelievable.

And Israel just did it.

And people wonder why we call them deplorables.

More troublesome to me was when Barack Hussein Obama provided a platform to a foreign President, Vincente Fox of Mexico, to bash a sovereign state of the Union, Arizona, over Arizona's SB 1070 but you didn't care about that, did you? Or, Obama shoving the Dalai Lama out the back door of the WH so that China's Master could come through the front door, but you didn't care about that, did you?

I wonder what the Muslims living there think about this.

More troublesome to me was when Barack Hussein Obama provided a platform to a foreign President, Vincente Fox of Mexico, to bash a sovereign state of the Union, Arizona, over Arizona's SB 1070 but you didn't care about that, did you? Or, Obama shoving the Dalai Lama out the back door of the WH so that China's Master could come through the front door, but you didn't care about that, did you?

Well we don't care about your whataboutism.

This is just Trump throwing more crap in front of the fan to distract us from his tariff war blowing up in his face, his foreign "policy" blowing up in his face, his sugar high economy grinding back to the hated Obama numbers (which is where they were always going to go unless we dealt with the structural issues in this economy), his double speaking Achtung Miller Immigration policy going nowhere fast. Heard about the infamous WALL lately...NO,

Just stop trying to convince yourself that Bozo the President has any interest in anything but his own personal wealth and power and suddenly everything makes sense.

Those two leftists probably want to go to Israel to fan the flames of hatred. And show their ass like they do here. :)

Not off the top of my head, Threegoofs. But neither do I recall two U.S. Congresspeople asking to visit a country they said they hated and by all indications would wish to see wiped off the map and its people exterminated.

That sounds a bit hysterical...

Are Omar and Tlaib allies of Israel? Do they represent America as a whole? They are not ambassadors. They are constituent members of the lower house of our Legislature. They represent no one but themselves and their constituents in their home districts.

Israel does not have to allow entry to these two antisemites anymore than Kenya (which is also a U.S. ally) has to allow entry to a delegation led by a white supremacist like Steve King.

Since when does Trump have the right to instruct another country to prohibit entry to US citizens? Israel obviously can ban anyone they want but Trump did this out of spite; he's that spineless.

God bless Israel.

Yes, bless the country which murdered US servicemen, spies on the US (Jonathan Pollard), whose leader brags publicly that the US is an easily manipulated pushover and sells US military technology to China. What a fine ally you have there-and they're only fleecing US taxpayers of $3 billion a year in 'aid'. You got a real bargain there.

Last edited:

What a stinking pile of baseless assumptions. Keep it up; it works wonders for your credibility.

Source for that claim? Or did you feel the need to poop all over this thread?

Yes, bless the country which murdered US servicemen, spies on the US (Jonathan Pollard), whose leader brags publicly that the US is an easily manipulated pushover and sells US military technology to China. What a fine ally you have there-and they're only fleecing US taxpayers of $3 billion a year in 'aid'. You got a real bargain there.

God bless Israel. A tiny nation filled with beautiful people.

Certainly a damn sight better ally than the United Kingdom.

Your position is incredibly simple-minded. Being an "ally" is a two-way street, No? These women obviously hate Israel and your position is the Israeli govt. should provide a soapbox for them to perform from? You're silly.

Back
Top Bottom