• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:411]Proof of Trump Causing Unnecessary Covid-19 Deaths

You are wrong ab out the 9 weeks. I have researched it in detail. It was 8 weeks and about 5 days to be exact.

This was not about the Governors given that it was the responsibility of the president to declare whether the pandemic was bad enough to order social distancing. The governor's could elect to follow it or not, but it is the president that had to order it first. Lastly, whether people social distance or not is not important as each individual is responsible for their own actions. Nonetheless, the idea is that such an order (or suggesting) had to come from the top in order for it to be official as a country. If the order had been given, then each governor would then be responsible for the actions in his state.

fist case IN US-January 21

January 31 is when the press conferences begin to pick up and the administration declared the pandemic a national health emergency and announced travel restrictions

I am telling you-it has nothing to do with politics, people are getting in in America because they just are, they go out and get it, no amount of government intervention will solve that fact

social distancing was not enforced with governors first

Here are some results for you - numbers - I know you believe in them

Over 38 million unemployed who use to have jobs. The unemployment is now the highest rate since the Great Depression of the Thirties.

Over 93,000 dead from the virus.

How do you like those facts?

Yes and this is Trump's Fault? This is despicable and typical liberalism, total arrogance and blame placing without foundation. Trump didn't cause the 93,000 deaths and the people know it, which European country do you want us to be like. If you are still in Michigan looks like you have your own problems.

I have no problem with facts but you seem to have a problem with context. there is a difference between economic collapse and economic shutdown, there is a difference between pre pandemic economic results and pandemic economic results. Your love affair with the liberal ideology is almost cult like but noticed you never offer any results from that liberal ideology, wonder why?

5/20/2020 Cases Deaths

United States 1581903 93806 5.9%

Spain 279524 27888 10.0%

Italy 227364 32330 14.2%

England 248293 35704 14.4%

France 143845 28132 19.6%

Netherlands 44700 5775 12.9%

Canada 80142 6031 7.5%

Germany 178531 8270 4.6%

WORLD 5014943 328462 6.5%

Coronavirus (COVID-19) live map tracker from Microsoft Bing

Yes and this is Trump's Fault?

The mentally ill narcissist takes all the credit for the good things - why should he not also get all of the blame? Trump set that standard. It is time we make him pay for it.

The president didn't lose 1 minute. The governors did. Tell that to the 36,000 corpses.

The public is NOT buying that ridiculous excuse since this is a NATIONAL PROBLEM that required NATION LEADERSHIP and NATIONAL SOLUTIONS.

fist case IN US-January 21

January 31 is when the press conferences begin to pick up and the administration declared the pandemic a national health emergency and announced travel restrictions

I am telling you-it has nothing to do with politics, people are getting in in America because they just are, they go out and get it, no amount of government intervention will solve that fact

social distancing was not enforced with governors first

Social distancing was not put in place until March 16th. That is 9 weeks after the first infection occurred. This OP and the study from Columbia University is about social distancing being announced 1-week earlier preventing 36,000+ deaths.

Morbidly obese
Tragically stupid
Obsessed tweeter
Cannot read
Cannot annunciate
Dyed gold hair come over
Pinkeye makeup
Caramel face goo
Name caller
Wife sleeps alone
Children bound for prison
Never earned a dime
Hiding tax returns
Hiding finance records
Cheats on wives
Smarter than all military generals
Smarter than al doctors
Impeached

A Columbia University study has shown that if Social Distancing had started just 1 week earlier than it started, over 36,000 deaths from Covid-19 could have been prevented.

As it is, Trump did not address the virus threat until 9 weeks after the first infection was reported, whereas South Korea and Germany addressed the virus within 1-2 weeks after the first reported infection and therefore have shown less deaths per capita than we show. Just imagine how many lives would have been saved if Trump had done the same thing here as in those countries if just starting 1 week earlier could have saved over 36,000 lives.

As I have stated many times before, Trump is incompetent and will end up causing us all more problems and deaths that some other president. Here is proof of this.

Where is your post condemning Mario Cuomo for not shutting down New York City a month earlier and saving thousands of lives?
Why is Trump negligent and guilty and Cuomo is not? Is Trump responsible for unnecessary deaths in New York before the Governor used his authority to shut down the state?

Social distancing was not put in place until March 16th. That is 9 weeks after the first infection occurred. This OP and the study from Columbia University is about social distancing being announced 1-week earlier preventing 36,000+ deaths.

and people still didnt abide by it, politics isnt the main reason for the COVID cases

On February 24th Pelosi, a leader on the left, was encouraging people to visit Chinatown. The left has changed positions on this pandemic more than a hooker cranked up on meth

Pelosi and DiBlasio were right to encourage visitors to come to San Francisco and New York City at the start of the pandemic.
But Trump was wrong to stop travel from China because that might upset Pelosi and Chuckie Schumer.
What about Cuomo not shutting down New York soon enough? He gets no blame at all because he is a Democrat?

That is certainly your opinion, Obama gave us the worst recovery in history from what was called the worst recession since the Great Depression. His results were dismal at best

Tell us what help the Democrats offered Trump after he won in 2016? Instead of placing blame why don't you pay attention to results

There seems to be a real disconnect when it comes to debt and the results generated from that debt thus showing that all debt isn't equal. What exactly did the American taxpayers get out of the Obama debt??

1. The worst recovery from a major recession in modern history
2. Employment not getting back to pre recession levels until 2014
3. Record numbers of part time for economic reason employment meaning part time jobs thus lower taxpaying jobs
4. 500 billion average annual GDP growth for 8 years(4.0 Trillion GDP growth)
5. 9.3% U-6 Unemployment rate
6. Bail out of the pubic sector and claimed saved jobs which didn't generate the promised new jobs thus new taxpayers from 842 billion dollar shovel ready jobs stimulus

What have we gotten for the Trump debt

1. Strong economic growth, 900 billion average GDP growth 2017-2018-2019(2.7 trillion growth)
2. Employment of 6.6 million jobs created in 3 years vs. 6 million jobs created prior to taking office the last 9 years
3. 6.9% U-6 vs. 9.3% that he inherited
4. 1.4 million fewer part time for economic reason employees than inherited
5. 6% African American unemployment vs. the 8% inherited
6. Record state and local tax revenue due to consumer spending as a result of the tax cuts
7. No massive Gov't stimulus program pre pandemic

Looks to me like the Trump debt generated better return than Obama's, await your reply?

Again. It's easier when the graphs are all going up when you take charge. I'd like to know however where the concept of the worst recovery from a depression in modern history sprang from with a few facts rather than an assertion. What depressions in modern history are your using for reference.

May I also assume that we are incorporating the present state of the economy in all of these statistics? It would be a shame otherwise to claim all the credit without at the same time accepting some of the blame.

Last edited:
A Columbia University study has shown that if Social Distancing had started just 1 week earlier than it started, over 36,000 deaths from Covid-19 could have been prevented.

As it is, Trump did not address the virus threat until 9 weeks after the first infection was reported, whereas South Korea and Germany addressed the virus within 1-2 weeks after the first reported infection and therefore have shown less deaths per capita than we show. Just imagine how many lives would have been saved if Trump had done the same thing here as in those countries if just starting 1 week earlier could have saved over 36,000 lives.

As I have stated many times before, Trump is incompetent and will end up causing us all more problems and deaths that some other president. Here is proof of this.

Decisions are made based of the known facts at the time.

The mentally ill narcissist takes all the credit for the good things - why should he not also get all of the blame? Trump set that standard. It is time we make him pay for it.
Conservative economic principles and policies make a difference you focus on personality and ignore results that is the problem of liberalism or one of them

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Where is your post condemning Mario Cuomo for not shutting down New York City a month earlier and saving thousands of lives?
Why is Trump negligent and guilty and Cuomo is not? Is Trump responsible for unnecessary deaths in New York before the Governor used his authority to shut down the state?

This is not an OP about New York, it is an OP about the nation. Cuomo only is in charge of one state while Trump is in charge of the whole nation. In addition, Cuomo delaying the closure of New York could have also been a bad decision but Cuomo is not up for election in November, Trump is. I will let the New York citizens make their own decisions about whether to reelect Cuomo as Governor or not. I do not live in New York, so Cuomo's decisions do not affect me. Trump's decisions for the nation do affect me.

and by the way, two wrongs do not make 1 right.

and people still didnt abide by it, politics isnt the main reason for the COVID cases

What is political is who we want to lead us for the next 4 years. I do not believe Trump is competent enough to do so.

Trump was told as early as late January of the potential problems of the pandemic. He chose not to listen!

Who was he supposed to listen too? Wasn't it Fauci? I don't remember Fauci calling for shutdowns that early. He told me it wasn't necessary to wear a mask and it was probably safe to go on a cruise as late as early March.

"Obviously, you need to take it seriously and do the kind of things the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the Department of Homeland Security is doing. But this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about." Fauci

Last edited:
Conservative economic principles and policies make a difference you focus on personality and ignore results that is the problem of liberalism or one of them

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

My focus is on the statistics that you seem to feel tell so much - like the 40 million unemployed and over 93,000 dead from the virus - both hitting within the last three months under Trumps turn at the helm.

Another "model". :roll: Did Ferguson consult on this one? Funny think is that back then went Trump claimed the power to shut the entire country down you guys were screaming that he didn't. In fact, weren't the states shutdown according to the dictates of their GOVERNORS, just as they're no being opened?

Now you're blaming him. Consistency is not a strong suit with you guys, is it?

I find it interesting that the cult's strategy so far has been to claim the position of president is powerless and that there's absolutely nothing Trump could've done. It shows that they can't defend his actions (or rather inactions) on substance and instead have to focus on deflecting. Anyone that criticizes Trump's performance gets accused of "wanting Americans to die", when what we really wanted was competent leadership.

They also want to blame China yet Trump was praising China when he should have been sounding the alarm in this country. Trump made it look like China fooled him into saying the virus was under control here and that they were doing a good job. Being a dupe of China is not a good look but that is how it now appears.

I find it interesting that the cult's strategy so far has been to claim the position of president is powerless and that there's absolutely nothing Trump could've done. It shows that they can't defend his actions (or rather inactions) on substance and instead have to focus on deflecting. Anyone that criticizes Trump's performance gets accused of "wanting Americans to die", when what we really wanted was competent leadership.
The only "cult" that claimed that was the Democult. As soon as Trump asserted he had the power to invoke a nation-wide shutdown you guys all became instantaneous federalism fans. And in fact, to this day each state is operating under its own shutdown/open up rules as set by ITS GOVERNOR.

Trump addressed the virus the first week of January when he directed the CDC to liaison with Chinese officials and offer assistance. He addressed when he shut down travel from China on January 31 and when he mentioned the problem during the State of The Union Address - back when Fauci was saying it was just another flu.

On February 24th Pelosi, a leader on the left, was encouraging people to visit Chinatown. The left has changed positions on this pandemic more than a hooker cranked up on meth
The left is very quick and nimble when it comes to adopting talking points. Their devote followers never seem to notice these 180 switches.

Yeah, I think De Biasi or Cuomo was doing similar things encouraging people to come out and enjoy big-city life. Cough, cough.

Back
Top Bottom