• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:411]Proof of Trump Causing Unnecessary Covid-19 Deaths

Shouldn't Cuomo have been more proactive being the governor of "the biggest hub of travel in the world"? It seems he should have shut down his state sooner since it was "likely to be the center of an American pandemic". California was proactive.

Need I remind you that Trump is president of the United States (52 states) and Cuomo is the governor of 1 state? Trump makes decisions for the entire country, Cuomo just for one state.

In addition, this about the 2020 election and electing a leader for the country. I am not aware that Cuomo is running for President, Trump is.

As such, your post is pure deflection from the problem the entire country is facing. If I lived in New York and could vote there, I might give your post more importance. This OP is about Trump's decisions for the country and how his decisions could have meant less deaths for the country. That is what is at stake in 2020 and that affects me personally. I don't live in New York.

So stupid. You do need a president to set the example, show some leadership. Trump has failed. Obama has nothing to do with it, period.

What example did Cuomo set? Look, you want the nanny state and obviously need the nanny state. You haven't believed a word from Trump since he took office, you wouldn't have believed him during impeachment either and based upon WHO and CDC Comments. Yours is a biased opinion based solely on hatred of Trump

Need I remind you that Trump is president of the United States (52 states) and Cuomo is the governor of 1 state? Trump makes decisions for the entire country, Cuomo just for one state.

In addition, this about the 2020 election and electing a leader for the country. I am not aware that Cuomo is running for President, Trump is.

As such, your post is pure deflection from the problem the entire country is facing. If I lived in New York and could vote there, I might give your post more importance. This OP is about Trump's decisions for the country and how his decisions could have meant less deaths for the country. That is what is at stake in 2020 and that affects me personally. I don't live in New York.

52 states?? I see your problem now, history, civics, challenged. What freedoms are you willing to give up and then never get back? How about the freedom to criticize the President, Freedom of Speech, you willing to give that up?

Let's do down that road, the U-3 doesn't recognize the underemployed, the U-6 does. Do you know the difference between a full time and part time employee?

Do you understand the role of Congress which was taken over by Democrats in January 2007, Obama announced in February making their goal to put him in the WH thus they were every bit as responsible for the recession as was Bush.

Don't care about Presidential job approval as results matter and the people won't vote on popularity they will vote on economic results. No President in history has ever lost re-election with over 50% approval rating on the economy

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval - Economy

I am through debating with you. All you have is BS and opinion. Obama was a better president than Trump will ever be and this is not just my opinion but the opinion of 170 political scholars that have put Obama as the #9 best president ever and the same people have put Trump at #45 and dead last. These political scholars have been doing this their entire lives and know more about what makes a president a good or a bad one than you do. Yours is just a biased opinion that has no facts behind.

Sorry, Conservative, but I am going to have to say good bye to you on this OP. You are ranting and trying to uncover any facts that support your opinion and failing miserably at it.

A Columbia University study has shown that if Social Distancing had started just 1 week earlier than it started, over 36,000 deaths from Covid-19 could have been prevented.

As it is, Trump did not address the virus threat until 9 weeks after the first infection was reported, whereas South Korea and Germany addressed the virus within 1-2 weeks after the first reported infection and therefore have shown less deaths per capita than we show. Just imagine how many lives would have been saved if Trump had done the same thing here as in those countries if just starting 1 week earlier could have saved over 36,000 lives.

As I have stated many times before, Trump is incompetent and will end up causing us all more problems and deaths that some other president. Here is proof of this.

Trump doesn't have the authority to force people to abide by the SDR's.

I am through debating with you. All you have is BS and opinion. Obama was a better president than Trump will ever be and this is not just my opinion but the opinion of 170 political scholars that have put Obama as the #9 best president ever and the same people have put Trump at #45 and dead last. These political scholars have been doing this their entire lives and know more about what makes a president a good or a bad one than you do. Yours is just a biased opinion that has no facts behind.

Sorry, Conservative, but I am going to have to say good bye to you on this OP. You are ranting and trying to uncover any facts that support your opinion and failing miserably at it.

Right, you don't like the facts so throw a temper tantrum and run off. The official data doesn't support your claims never will

You focus on personality not results, and personality will generate rhetoric that you want to believe, thus Obama's rhetoric which didn't match the results. How do you explain him losing the House in 2010(63 seat gain, 2012-2014-2016 and senate in 14-16 since he was such a great Presdient

What results warrant a President who made Jimmy Carter look good that high? You are exactly what the left wants someone who believes rhetoric and ignores results, someone who will make a fool of themselves in a public forum promoting the left wing ideology and massive dependence

so good-bye, hope you find that liberal utopia in whatever foreign country you are moving to

It's a bit disturbing that your entire universe has shrunk to focus on a single person. You don't believe any other leaders in the country were making decisions affecting people's behavior or lives?

It most certainly HAS NOT.

I know who is the President and it is Trump. He is largely responsible more than any other American.

Can't everything in some way be blamed on the Orange Monster?

Imagine if all this negative energy was turned towards discussing your party's platform, policies, and the benefits to Americans.

Instead, Democrats have become a rabid hate mob spewing rage. As a result, the best face they can present is Joe Biden.

Right, you don't like the facts so throw a temper tantrum and run off. The official data doesn't support your claims never will

You focus on personality not results, and personality will generate rhetoric that you want to believe, thus Obama's rhetoric which didn't match the results. How do you explain him losing the House in 2010(63 seat gain, 2012-2014-2016 and senate in 14-16 since he was such a great Presdient

What results warrant a President who made Jimmy Carter look good that high? You are exactly what the left wants someone who believes rhetoric and ignores results, someone who will make a fool of themselves in a public forum promoting the left wing ideology and massive dependence

so good-bye, hope you find that liberal utopia in whatever foreign country you are moving to

Need I remind you that this OP is all about a Columbia University study that stated that if social distancing would have been imposed 1 week earlier, 36,000+ lives would likely have been saved.

You have now deflected into other statistics that whether true or not have nothing to do with the fact that now it can be said that many Americans died because Trump was incompetent. That is what I am willing to discuss on this thread. You have deflected because you cannot debate successfully that Trump was not responsible.

I will gladly debate these other topics with you at another time and on another thread. You stopped debating this OP several messages ago. You lost. Live with it.

It most certainly HAS NOT.

I know who is the President and it is Trump. He is largely responsible more than any other American.

In your nanny state personal responsibility doesn't exist, in the liberal ideology you promote hatred politics of personal destruction, and scare tactics to grow power. What freedoms are you willing to give up for your ideology, how about freedom of speech?

Need I remind you that this OP is all about a Columbia University study that stated that if social distancing would have been imposed 1 week earlier, 36,000+ lives would likely have been saved.

You have now deflected into other statistics that whether true or not have nothing to do with the fact that now it can be said that many Americans died because Trump was incompetent. That is what I am willing to discuss on this thread. You have deflected because you cannot debate successfully that Trump was not responsible.

I will gladly debate these other topics with you at another time and on another thread. You stopped debating this OP several messages ago. You lost. Live with it.

You turned the subject into a bashing Trump thread then brought results and politics to the forum, not me. You made the statement about other results I didn't. I don't recall the following having anything to do with Columbia

Here are some results you can look at.

6 bankruptcies, 7 other failed businesses, $414 million gift from daddy turning into a $1.17 billion dollar loss. Would be begging if the Bayrock Group (Russian Mafia) had not stepped in and helped him by loaning him money no other bank would loan, showing him how to brand his name, which he has not done before and by buying properties from him at twice and 3 times the market value (so they could get their hook into him).

Yes, lets talk results!

How about 3 marriages, 24 sexual misconduct allegations, many known affairs while married, and personal friendship with Epstein.

Yes, lets talk about successful choices in life.

Yes, lets talk about the greatest amount of firings and quitting ever seen in an administration, and this coming from the man who said he would hire the best of the best. He just forgot to mention they would only stay for very short periods of time and then be left with "what is left".

Yes, lets talk results.

How about closing the government down for 34 days and accomplishing absolutely nothing but pain.

How about a 2 year trade war with China that has caused losses of over $70 billion dollars to the country that has not (and will not) ever be recouped.

Yes, lets talk about results. I am game!

If you want to debate results better come with a better understanding of data and context than you showed in your initial response.

Last edited:

"Need I remind you".

Liberalism is about spending in the name of compassion and never creating the promised results unless you believe dependence is positive

You just said it was all about placing blame. Now you're changing your tune.

You just said it was all about placing blame. Now you're changing your tune.

Nope, blame is one part of liberalism why aren't you addressing the real ideology and posting results?

A Columbia University study has shown that if Social Distancing had started just 1 week earlier than it started, over 36,000 deaths from Covid-19 could have been prevented.

As it is, Trump did not address the virus threat until 9 weeks after the first infection was reported, whereas South Korea and Germany addressed the virus within 1-2 weeks after the first reported infection and therefore have shown less deaths per capita than we show. Just imagine how many lives would have been saved if Trump had done the same thing here as in those countries if just starting 1 week earlier could have saved over 36,000 lives.

As I have stated many times before, Trump is incompetent and will end up causing us all more problems and deaths that some other president. Here is proof of this.

His pressure to prematurely lift the stay at home orders in certain states, his shilling for a harmful drug and his being vain regarding his refusal to set an example for his followers regarding wearing a mask will also, no doubt result in more unnecessary illnesses and deaths.

Sorry man. I never even complied with the lockdown. I was back and forth to where my RV was stored, getting it ready in case I need a backup house. Buying parts, etc.

By nature I keep my distance from others. And I always understood how it transmits and just avoided those things.

Worked so far.

And all of us cowards saved a bunch of lives and hospitalizations. Saved your boy from much of the consequences of his non-response.

Of course you're determined to put us all right back where we were, but maybe this tike when you stick a fork in the outlet you'll learn. We're gonna know who was right in a week or two.

Heh. My boy. That's a recurring theme here. Trump wasn't my choice for the GOP nomination.

I haven't changed my routine much either. Most of the things I do don't involve much social contact at all. I've actually become much busier of late. So if I saved any lives, it was not done intentionally and I deserve no credit for such a thing. I'm just doing what's normal for me.

I have no idea what the future holds. Some claim to.

Of course your demonstrated expertise and intellect make that assertion so credible.

I'm no more or less of an expert than you are.

His pressure to prematurely lift the stay at home orders in certain states, his shilling for a harmful drug and his being vain regarding his refusal to set an example for his followers regarding wearing a mask will also, no doubt result in more unnecessary illnesses and deaths.

I can see nothing is going to change your mind as you obviously need a Joe Biden in the WH with his empty resume so you feel better about the office as actual results don't matter. the left which you are a part of has no problem giving up someone else's freedoms but never your own. what freedoms are you willing to give up, freedom of speech?

Setting an example? Since when did you ever buy anything Trump had to say for the past three years. Stop the leftwing BS and accept the fact that politics of personal destruction are your ideology and that doesn't win national elections,

I just watched the Tom Hanks movie "Sully" last night and it almost gave me a lump in my throat for a moment because it made me realize just how badly we NEEDED a "Captain Sully" moment in this pandemic.

America desperately needed a "Captain Sully" to safely land us in the Hudson, with the 1200 first responders all rushing up from the water, from the air, from the harbor, all those helping hands reaching out to save all 155 passengers from our "aircraft" after Sully did his perfect "Forced Water Landing".

Instead we have a 21st Century version of Captain Ahab, with Obama forced into the role of the whale.

Back
Top Bottom