• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump will be forced to eat vegetables when he visits India

No idea, but I consider it a crime against culture to be from and live in NYC, have no refined sense of food, and eat fast food every day.

Eating fast food and living in NYC is a sign of either someone is incredibly lazy or has taste buds of a 4-year-old because you can get good ethnic food at street carts. If someone is anxious about trying new foods you can just tell them that millions of people all around the world eat this food every day, so they could at minimum be willing to try it once. I wasn't sure about trying falafel and koshari in college but now I love it when a former classmate made it for me because she was from Egypt and those were easy and cheap meals for college students who don't have a lot of money. Now I love falafel and am still searching for a koshari place. I tried Indian in college because it is also cheap, tasty and very filling and now I crave it.

My daughter spent time in Cambodia and Thailand in college and I found a hole in the wall that serves Cambodian cuisine made by first-generation immigrants from the Vietnam war and it is one of my favorites.

Eating fast food and living in NYC is a sign of either someone is incredibly lazy or has taste buds of a 4-year-old because you can get good ethnic food at street carts. If someone is anxious about trying new foods you can just tell them that millions of people all around the world eat this food every day, so they could at minimum be willing to try it once. I wasn't sure about trying falafel and koshari in college but now I love it when a former classmate made it for me because she was from Egypt and those were easy and cheap meals for college students who don't have a lot of money. Now I love falafel and am still searching for a koshari place. I tried Indian in college because it is also cheap, tasty and very filling and now I crave it.

My daughter spent time in Cambodia and Thailand in college and I found a hole in the wall that serves Cambodian cuisine made by first-generation immigrants from the Vietnam war and it is one of my favorites.

I'm with you on all of that. I'll try anything. I've eaten some things that would horrify some people. I haven't enjoyed all of them, but I'm not afraid of food. I think life should be experienced as fully as possible. I think meals should be an experience. I'm a slave to anything spicy enough to make me sweat, but that's not for everyone. I just think it's an absurd embarrassment that the highest levels of the governments of India and the US are freaking out about what they're going to feed a slob who probably acts like a toddler unless he's given a chicken nugget or a greasy burger. And don't even get me started on putting ketchup on a steak. :lol:

I'm with you on all of that. I'll try anything. I've eaten some things that would horrify some people. I haven't enjoyed all of them, but I'm not afraid of food. I think life should be experienced as fully as possible. I think meals should be an experience. I'm a slave to anything spicy enough to make me sweat, but that's not for everyone. I just think it's an absurd embarrassment that the highest levels of the governments of India and the US are freaking out about what they're going to feed a slob who probably acts like a toddler unless he's given a chicken nugget or a greasy burger. And don't even get me started on putting ketchup on a steak. :lol:

I'm also a chili head but in many restaurants, they don't believe me because they don't expect natural blondes to like really hot food so I typically get served something medium hot. I now ask for it native spicy and they usually get the message that I want to break a sweat when I eat it. I grow about 6-8 kinds of chilies in the summer and make my own hot sauce with the chilies that I don't eat fresh.

My father was a steak guy and we would have been yelled at if we even though of putting ketchup on a nice ribeye or a NY strip or ask for it to be cooked s well done. Occasionally I have A1 on the side with sauteed mushrooms. My dad would have served us a burger patty without a bun if we asked for meat to be cooked well done.

An old BF thought that I was a heretic when I cooked a bone-in rib roast on my smoker but after he tried it cooked a very pink medium with a 3/8" wide smoke ring, that became on of his favorite dishes.

Last edited:
You can't go 3 blocks in Manhatten, Queens, or Brooklyn without bumping into an ethnic restaurant of some sort. NYC has some of the best ethnic food in the world and yet the Menago Messiah has never tried it. When was the last time Trump visited Brighton Beach?

Surreptitiously to consume pelmeni & oladyi with Putin?!?

Who can say how many times the Faketan Ferret has done this!

Trump = LITERALLY Knish Hitler

:donkeyfla

Surreptitiously to consume pelmeni & oladyi with Putin?!?

Who can say how many times the Faketan Ferret has done this!

Trump = LITERALLY Knish Hitler

:donkeyfla

I had to google that. I've had buckwheat pancakes but never the other two. I've had knishes at delis but not at a Russian place. I like Bigos(russian/polish hunters stew) but I'll eat anything with mushrooms.

Good for Trump. Hopefully he tries some food he wouldn't normally eat and finds something he likes.

This is a man who has cauliflower hidden in his mashed potatoes by his chef, on doctor's orders

They can take him to Burger King for the meatless whopper.

i'll give that one a recommendation. it's really good. i would also love to visit a McDonalds there and try out the vegetarian stuff.

This is a man who has cauliflower hidden in his mashed potatoes by his chef, on doctor's orders

Eww. Cauliflower is disgusting. No wonder no one hides potatoes in their mashed cauliflower.

Eww. Cauliflower is disgusting. No wonder no one hides potatoes in their mashed cauliflower.

Use only the 'flowers', discarding all stem, and saute.

Taft - one of our greatest presidents & born in the middle of the 19th century - was heavier than Trump, and lived to 72 in a time of MUCH shorter life spans.

:shrug:

i'll give that one a recommendation. it's really good. i would also love to visit a McDonalds there and try out the vegetarian stuff.

That would be interesting. I'm good for Indian (Hindu) food every other week.

Taft - one of our greatest presidents & born in the middle of the 19th century - was heavier than Trump, and lived to 72 in a time of MUCH shorter life spans.

A "four pound" weight gain doesn't need two or three bigger suits over the year.

Well, I don't know if he won't be served beef in private. Chances are, he might.

You guys better get used to the idea that the upper class can get away with so many things we average folks can't.
Just look at all these jet-setting celebrities, who on the other hand are fierce advocates for the environment!
Using private jets!

So - when they're pushing for us folks to become vegan (for the good of the environment, of course) - you can be sure
the privileged ones will be having roasts and steaks!

Last edited:

A cheers to sick, fat fuks! (P.S. In order to avoid another situation like Taft getting stuck in a White House bathtub, Trump just doesn't bathe.)

Well, I don't know if he won't be served beef in private. Chances are, he might.

You guys better get used to the idea that the upper class can get away with so many things we average folks can't.
Just look at all these jet-setting celebrities, who on the other hand are fierce advocates for the environment!
Using private jets!

So - when they're pushing for us folks to become vegan (for the good of the environment, of course) - you can be sure
the privileged ones will be having roasts and steaks!

I have no idea why you're talking to me or what you mean or what you want, but I wish you well.

Last I checked chicken fish and pork are consumed amongst other meat items in India. Vindaloo, curry, indad, and tikka masala are just couple of dishes that use meat.

Yep.

CNN is just proving they are fake news once again...

You didn't read the article.

The article is a joke. Anybody believing it as a whole, is blind to the facts, and letting CNN indoctrinate you even farther.

I'm sure he can do without beef. He can eat pork, or a variety of poultry. With his ability to pay more than the average person there, he can even have some nice Buffalo steaks.

Yes I know. I made the mistake of being polite and trying some. I about died, I thought Korean and Mexican food had heat. Ouch.
I lived in Taegu for two years. They have some very, very spicy meals. Hotter than I ever had in Mexican food.

Use only the 'flowers', discarding all stem, and saute.

You don't need to discard the stem. You should save all your vegetable scraps, keep them in the freezer, and when you have enough dump them into a crock pot and cook on low for like a day or so. Then you can strain out and have homemade stock.

Back
Top Bottom