• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump to Cut Food Stamps

Okay I read through all of these I have mine so **** you posts, and the one thing that was never mentioned is snap is a farm program to subsidise farmers.

It is a program to create demand for over supply.

And with Trump's ****ing dumnass trade wars and his depression we need snap more than ever.

Currently this program should be expanding not being cut.

For every dollar put in snap gnerates 1.73.

It keeps farmers working, small mom and pop grocery stores open, people fed and people working...

I dont buy your numbers for a second

I'm not selling. You don't like what you see because it doesn't fit your whine. Meanwhile back at the ranch, you've offered no answer to the first question and no realistic solutions. You don't like what the FDA is saying, the only respected organization which tracks food consumption in this nation, take it up with them. And it is known throughout both the food supply industries and the waste management industries how much food is wasted in this country. These aren't hidden numbers magically drawn from the air, like your sloganeering imagines to be solutions in real time. Get over it or provide contrary evidence that can be respected. Show everyone the schools that are feeding 30 million meals daily to locked down students. You are not Harry Potter. Not Merlin. A fraudulent whiner is a more apt description.

Take a good look at this thread, not one of the usual suspects is supplying any data supporting you, nor are any speaking out what I have presented. This isn't political tho you'd like it to be. It is a dose of reality.

You accused me of wanting to see children go hungry, then tossed in the lack of health care to muddy waters. Plain old horse manure. No substance whatsoever. Just whines from faerie land of what should be and claims of what isn't. Fraudulent horse manure.

I'm not selling. You don't like what you see because it doesn't fit your whine. Meanwhile back at the ranch, you've offered no answer to the first question and no realistic solutions. You don't like what the FDA is saying, the only respected organization which tracks food consumption in this nation, take it up with them. And it is known throughout both the food supply industries and the waste management industries how much food is wasted in this country. These aren't hidden numbers magically drawn from the air, like your sloganeering imagines to be solutions in real time. Get over it or provide contrary evidence that can be respected. Show everyone the schools that are feeding 30 million meals daily to locked down students. You are not Harry Potter. Not Merlin. A fraudulent whiner is a more apt description.

Take a good look at this thread, not one of the usual suspects is supplying any data supporting you, nor are any speaking out what I have presented. This isn't political tho you'd like it to be. It is a dose of reality.

You accused me of wanting to see children go hungry, then tossed in the lack of health care to muddy waters. Plain old horse manure. No substance whatsoever. Just whines from faerie land of what should be and claims of what isn't. Fraudulent horse manure.

Ok you cant back up your numbers so they are ignored. You made them up.

There is no magic bullet

There are just hungry kids.

Some people want to feed them. Some dont.

I do. You dont. It's that simple

Okay I read through all of these I have mine so **** you posts, and the one thing that was never mentioned is snap is a farm program to subsidise farmers.

It is a program to create demand for over supply.

And with Trump's ****ing dumnass trade wars and his depression we need snap more than ever.

Currently this program should be expanding not being cut.

For every dollar put in snap gnerates 1.73.

It keeps farmers working, small mom and pop grocery stores open, people fed and people working...

Thats not the governments job. And while that may have been the original purpose of the program, in almost a 100 years it has grown out of control. This program WILL be expanding, you can count on it. Nothing can stop a social program from growing. All this rule does is make sure the right people get it. People who actually qualify for it on need, not just because they recieved assistance from some other program at some point. Read the rule. All it does is modify broad based categorical eligibility.

Ok you cant back up your numbers so they are ignored. You made them up.

BS. Look up the numbers on the FDA site. I made nothing up.

You want, you do nothing but whine and attempt to cover up your real time failures with accusations.

You have no idea what I want or what I do.

BS. Look up the numbers on the FDA site. I made nothing up.

You want, you do nothing but whine and attempt to cover up your real time failures with accusations.

You have no idea what I want or what I do.

You made them up. It's ok. It happens a lot here

We can feed kids or we can cut funding to feed kids.

You wish to do the latter

You made them up. It's ok. It happens a lot here

We can feed kids or we can cut funding to feed kids.

You wish to do the latter

You are all talk. Cut the BS accusations.

No one is cutting funds for feeding children, you don't know jack.

You are all talk. Cut the BS accusations.

No one is cutting funds for feeding children, you don't know jack.

Then what is trump doing? Face it. He is cutting funding to hungry kids in a pandemic.

Then what is trump doing? Face it. He is cutting funding to hungry kids in a pandemic.

No he is not cutting funding for feeding hungry kids, or adults. His administration is attempting to tighten standards for SNAP use, hoping to prevent some of the fraud and to shift the burden from taxpayers to employers not paying their workers living wages.

Why are you in favor of taxpayers funding Walmart's profits? Do you believe the Walmart family, the Waltons with their $190.5 billion, doesn't have enough wealth?

Face it. You are playing on sentiment and emotions, not reality. Read the actual changes in policy. It now limits SNAP applications from institutions previously convicted of welfare and similar government beneficence fraudulent activities, like double billing and over billing. The changes do not effect applications for SNAP use by individuals. It does limit the use of SNAP by working families with low wages, about 55% of SNAP users. They will receive lower SNAP benefits, shifting the burden to their employers. Hungry workers are not productive. Walmart and other low paying employers will have to increase what they pay their workers. OMG! Woe be to the Waltons. Poor Jeff Bezos won't have enough money to fund his space adventures or the lifestyle of his new mistress. The horror!

And playing the pandemic card is equivalent to stating your best friend is Black. The appropriate response is to call you out for being disingenuous.

One of my long time favored philanthropies is Meals on Wheels. Our two local chapters are now offering to deliver meals to any child in need, the first move beyond feeding the home locked elderly and disabled. Meals on Wheels gets no government funding.

No he is not cutting funding for feeding hungry kids, or adults. His administration is attempting to tighten standards for SNAP use, hoping to prevent some of the fraud and to shift the burden from taxpayers to employers not paying their workers living wages.

Why are you in favor of taxpayers funding Walmart's profits? Do you believe the Walmart family, the Waltons with their $190.5 billion, doesn't have enough wealth?

Face it. You are playing on sentiment and emotions, not reality. Read the actual changes in policy. It now limits SNAP applications from institutions previously convicted of welfare and similar government beneficence fraudulent activities, like double billing and over billing. The changes do not effect applications for SNAP use by individuals. It does limit the use of SNAP by working families with low wages, about 55% of SNAP users. They will receive lower SNAP benefits, shifting the burden to their employers. Hungry workers are not productive. Walmart and other low paying employers will have to increase what they pay their workers. OMG! Woe be to the Waltons. Poor Jeff Bezos won't have enough money to fund his space adventures or the lifestyle of his new mistress. The horror!

And playing the pandemic card is equivalent to stating your best friend is Black. The appropriate response is to call you out for being disingenuous.

One of my long time favored philanthropies is Meals on Wheels. Our two local chapters are now offering to deliver meals to any child in need, the first move beyond feeding the home locked elderly and disabled. Meals on Wheels gets no government funding.

Your own post says it cut benefits to working families. So kids will just go hungry. Walmart will not make up the difference

Kids will just ho hungry. That is freaking awful

Your own post says it cut benefits to working families. So kids will just go hungry. Walmart will not make up the difference

Kids will just ho hungry. That is freaking awful

No children will go hungry, and Walmart is increasing salaries. They need their workers to keep the goods flowing. The Walmart managers are no longer getting bonuses for keeping employee wages down.

No children will go hungry, and Walmart is increasing salaries. They need their workers to keep the goods flowing. The Walmart managers are no longer getting bonuses for keeping employee wages down.

News flash. Most people do not work at walmart

You dont have to like the facts but they remain facts.

Trump is cutting food to hungry children

Repeating yourself endlessly does not make it true. Prove it so or stop lying.

You have for me. Trump is cutting food to children

Awful....just awful

Trump’s Cuts to Food Stamps Almost Made the Pandemic Worse | The Nation

It didn't go into effect because of folks suing the government in federal court and winning:

The Washington, DC Attorney General’s Office led the opposition to Trump’s proposal. With a coalition of 21 states, the district first objected via comments on the rule changes. When that failed to prevent the changes from being scheduled to take effect, the coalition, along with New York City, sued the US Department of Agriculture, which oversees SNAP, in federal court in January.

“If Trump’s new rule went into effect on April 1,” she posits, “these people would be limited to three months of SNAP and then they would be cut off from benefits for three years, unless they could prove they were working twenty hours a week.”

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/trump-food-stamps/

You have for me. Trump is cutting food to children

Awful....just awful

Liar, prove it true, and you can't. You appealed to sentiments and tripped over your own mouth.

It didn't go into effect because of folks suing the government in federal court and winning:

An opinion. One judge, soon another for the appeal. Meanwhile changes in NY law:

"...cash Temporary Assistance in New York State is limited to a cumulative period of 60 months for any adult. No cash assistance (FA or SNA) benefit is granted to a family that contains an adult who has received a combined total of 60-month benefits under FA or cash SNA."

And it is over, no matter the circumstances. OMG, the starving children that will be the result!

NYS has one of the highest state payouts for welfare in the nation, more than $38k annually, including assistance from federal programs like SNAP. It also has one one of the largest state government deficits in the nation. "Something's gotta give."

Should the Covid 19 threat not be ended, none of this will matter, the death ratio among the poor will eliminate the issue. The policy changes reducing SNAP benefits were put into play before the arrival of Covid 19. With the layoffs caused by the lockdowns, bad timing. And a judge gave a stay because of those layoffs. Don't count on that stay remaining in place when there is a recovery.

The hand writing is on the wall. Doesn't matter if it is effected now or later. Benefits for the poor are going to be pulled back drastically. And partly because of the economic lockdown because of Covid 19, there's going to be a lot less tax revenue to spend. Whining about the poor, poor children will not change the reality.

Paraphrasing Vegas "Newsflash" money doesn't grow on trees. Yup, our military is going to get less toys, and we are not going to continue giving American tax dollars for foreign security, and there will be benefit cutbacks, because we cannot afford to pay the bills. Doesn't matter what a judge has to say unless that judge has deep pockets to fund whatever. The cow is going dry.

Back
Top Bottom