• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump supporters are Elitists

Nya Nya. Your guys are more elitist than my guys.

I just find it interesting that many Trump supporters seem to be antiestablishment while at the same don’t care that Trump propose massive tax cuts for economic elite. Especially if you consider the fact that inequality in USA haven’t been this bad since the Great Depression. That the top 0.1% wealth is almost as much as the wealth of bottom 90% in USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...quality-top-01-worth-as-much-as-the-bottom-90

I just find it interesting that many Trump supporters seem to be antiestablishment while at the same don’t care that Trump propose massive tax cuts for economic elite. Especially if you consider the fact that inequality in USA haven’t been this bad since the Great Depression. That the top 0.1% wealth is almost as much as the wealth of bottom 90% in USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...quality-top-01-worth-as-much-as-the-bottom-90

Get out there with your bow and arrow and take your merry men into the Nottinghamshire forest. I'm told Prince John's caravan will be passing by shortly.

Get out there with your bow and arrow and take your merry men into the Nottinghamshire forest. I'm told Prince John's caravan will be passing by shortly.

You don’t need to run around in the woods with bow and arrow in today’s society. Instead you can vote Prince John out of power, by voting for candidates that work for a more equal, just and democratic society.

You don’t need to run around in the woods with bow and arrow in today’s society. Instead you can vote Prince John out of power, by voting for candidates that work for a more equal, just and democratic society.

Nice concept but, sadly, it doesn't work. Elections don't fix things. They should but they don't.

Nice concept but, sadly, it doesn't work. Elections don't fix things. They should but they don't.

A similarity between western countries today is that left wing parties do too little to create a more equal society while right wing parties propose tax cuts and policies that lead to big increases in inequality. So, by voting for left wing parties you can at least stop things from getting a lot worse from right wing parties’ tax cuts and neo liberal policies.

Still this is of course not enough, that you must try to change the system and get candidates that truly wants to create a more equal, just and democratic society. There every country has their own opportunities and challenges to accomplish that.

There as I understand it, your primary election in USA can be an opportunity. Because you can by voting decide what candidate you want to have in the general election. While also even independent candidates can participate, like for example Bernie Sanders.

Another opportunity is you low voter turnout of just around 50 percent. That if you get you voter turnout a bit closer to the 80 percent we have in many European countries, it could really change the dynamic of the political process and open up for real change.

Last edited:
A similarity between western countries today is that left wing parties do too little to create a more equal society while right wing parties propose tax cuts and policies that lead to big increases in inequality. So, by voting for left wing parties you can at least stop things from getting a lot worse from right wing parties’ tax cuts and neo liberal policies.

I understand the talking point but I want smaller, less expensive government. I want taxes and spending both to decrease. The people you are worried about in terms of income taxes are the people who aren't affected by tax cuts because there aren't any to cut.

Still this is of course not enough, that you must try to change the system and get candidates that truly wants to create a more equal, just and democratic society. There every country has their own opportunities and challenges to accomplish that.

I don't "get" candidates. The political parties do that. Lot's of people go to Washington with good intentions but then get mired in the swamp. Single term limits might help.

There as I understand it, your primary election in USA can be an opportunity. Because you can by voting decide what candidate you want to have in the general election. While also even independent candidates can participate, like for example Bernie Sanders.

I don't vote because voting doesn't ever fix anything. The government always takes care of its own.

Another opportunity is you low voter turnout of just around 50 percent. That if you get you voter turnout a bit closer to the 80 percent we have in many European countries, it could really change the dynamic of the political process and open up for real change.

And how would you suggest I improve voter turnout? What difference would it make?

I understand the talking point but I want smaller, less expensive government. I want taxes and spending both to decrease. The people you are worried about in terms of income taxes are the people who aren't affected by tax cuts because there aren't any to cut.

I don't "get" candidates. The political parties do that. Lot's of people go to Washington with good intentions but then get mired in the swamp. Single term limits might help.

I don't vote because voting doesn't ever fix anything. The government always takes care of its own.

And how would you suggest I improve voter turnout? What difference would it make?

A lot can happen in life with for example accidents, sickness and with today globalization and rapid technology there are fewer and fewer secure jobs. So, most people with low income and middle-income benefit from that there are enough taxes to pay for a social safety net. It is also good for the economy that sick people can become healthy and productive and that people without jobs can get help to get new jobs. While children’s future and wellbeing shouldn’t be determined by their parent’s wallets, because it’s something they can’t control.

That small government and low taxes only benefit the wealthy elite that for example always can afford to pay for the best health care and sending the kids to the best schools and universities. While at the same time getting golden parachutes if they lose their jobs.

Lower voting turnout benefit the already well off because those often have the highest voting turn out because they know that they have interests to protect. That low voting turnout often means that low and middleincome people’s voices aren’t heard. It can also lead to a more partisan political their focus is on controversies and how bad the other side is instead of policies and ideas.

Also creating real change can be hard and take time, but it has been able to happen before. That you had a period up to the late 1970’s with more equality and prosperity for the people both in the USA and in Europe. It can also be important to remember working for political change is much easier and safer today than for example in the beginning of the 20:th century.

That in the beginning of the 20:th century you for example had Ludlow Massacre in USA, that left between 19 and 26 people dead, including two women and eleven children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludlow_Massacre

You also had Joe Hill that most likely was framed for murder and then executed in Utah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hill

Even here in Sweden we had workers killed by the military.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ådalen_shootings

That people back then still had the guts and will to fight for a better society and we can enjoy their victories to this day.

A lot can happen in life with for example accidents, sickness and with today globalization and rapid technology there are fewer and fewer secure jobs. So, most people with low income and middle-income benefit from that there are enough taxes to pay for a social safety net. It is also good for the economy that sick people can become healthy and productive and that people without jobs can get help to get new jobs. While children’s future and wellbeing shouldn’t be determined by their parent’s wallets, because it’s something they can’t control.

That small government and low taxes only benefit the wealthy elite that for example always can afford to pay for the best health care and sending the kids to the best schools and universities. While at the same time getting golden parachutes if they lose their jobs.

Lower voting turnout benefit the already well off because those often have the highest voting turn out because they know that they have interests to protect. That low voting turnout often means that low and middleincome people’s voices aren’t heard. It can also lead to a more partisan political their focus is on controversies and how bad the other side is instead of policies and ideas.

Also creating real change can be hard and take time, but it has been able to happen before. That you had a period up to the late 1970’s with more equality and prosperity for the people both in the USA and in Europe. It can also be important to remember working for political change is much easier and safer today than for example in the beginning of the 20:th century.

That in the beginning of the 20:th century you for example had Ludlow Massacre in USA, that left between 19 and 26 people dead, including two women and eleven children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludlow_Massacre

You also had Joe Hill that most likely was framed for murder and then executed in Utah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hill

Even here in Sweden we had workers killed by the military.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ådalen_shootings

That people back then still had the guts and will to fight for a better society and we can enjoy their victories to this day.
we live on different planets. I reject all of what you said. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom