• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump supporters are Elitists

They just don't seem to know it.

Who did Trump pick for his cabinet?

President-elect Trump's $14 billion Cabinet - Billionaires in Donald Trump's ultra-rich cabinet - Pictures - CBS News

So by definition, he picked the elite to run the country. But he cares about coal miners and jobs! Or does he really care about something else?

https://www.thenation.com/article/donald-trumps-fixation-on-fossil-fuel/

Oil, coal, and gas executives are the "little guys" and we are all elites for questioning the carbon loving Trump supporters who know so much better than us what will make America "Great" in the 21st century. They jump about with glee over how angry people get about the "disruptor" they elected who is just a shell for fossil fuel elites and who makes it obvious with EVERYTHING he does.

I don’t think Donald Trump can stop the decline of fossil fuel.

That global demand for coal has fallen for the second consecutive year
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...and-falls-2016-second-year-in-row-fossil-fuel

While renewable energy sources are now in many countries at the same our lower price than fossil fuel.

Solar and wind power cheaper than fossil fuels for the first time | The Independent

That the plan can instead be to help big investors to get their money out of the fossil fuel industry with a big profit. While leaving small investors, communities and workers with the cost of the decline of the fossil fuel industries. While at the same time Trump propose budget cuts on programs to help workers and community to adapt to new types of industries and jobs.

The election was not a referendum on the rich. It was on washingtons esatblisment career politicians

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The last couple of decades of neo liberal policies of massive tax cuts for the rich and deregulation have led to greater inequality, less security and more unrest in western societies. So, the economic elite need politicians like Donald Trump that can fuel peoples anger towards the political elite, minorities and liberals instead of the neo liberal policies and the economic elite. So that the economic elite can continuing to benefit from those neoliberal policies and get more policies that serve their interest.

That under Donald Trump the economic elite will get more massive tax cuts and deregulation that will make them even more powerful and wealthy.

Also, you can of course be angry at the political elite but they are just a symptom of a society their the economic elite have gained too much power and wealth.

...different from Hillary. For that I'm grateful.

Yeah trump is more corrupt, less transparent, and less ethical. Guess you're real proud of him .

The last couple of decades of neo liberal policies of massive tax cuts for the rich and deregulation have led to greater inequality, less security and more unrest in western societies. So, the economic elite need politicians like Donald Trump that can fuel peoples anger towards the political elite, minorities and liberals instead of the neo liberal policies and the economic elite. So that the economic elite can continuing to benefit from those neoliberal policies and get more policies that serve their interest.

That under Donald Trump the economic elite will get more massive tax cuts and deregulation that will make them even more powerful and wealthy.

Also, you can of course be angry at the political elite but they are just a symptom of a society their the economic elite have gained too much power and wealth.

so you think the proper duty of the government is to prevent people from getting richer?

Yeah trump is more corrupt, less transparent, and less ethical. Guess you're real proud of him .

credible proof needed for that claim

so you think the proper duty of the government is to prevent people from getting richer?

Income redistribution is a vital part of society. That without it you will have stagnated wages and lack of opportunity for the people while the economic elite becomes more and more powerful and wealthy.

In a new report, Causes and Consequences of Income Inequality: A Global Perspective, the IMF aims to show why policymakers need to focus more on the poor and the middle class. The report determined that income inequality and income distribution matter for growth and its sustainability in a country…

It also found that when the income share of the top 20% increases, the country’s GDP declines over the medium term. On the other hand, GDP growth is associated with income increase among the poorest 20% of the population.

IMF study on income inequality - Business Insider

You also for example have this report.

“Left to their own devices, unfettered markets and trickle-down economics will lead to increasing levels of inequality, stagnating wages, and a hollowing out of decent, middle-income jobs,” the report argues.

The wealth that failed to trickle down: The rich do get richer while poor stay poor, report suggests | The Independent

Extremely high salaries also detach executives from financial responsibility for their actions. For example, if a worker did his jobs so badly that people died and he was sentenced to prison for that he would probably face a tough economic time then he came out from prison.

While coal CEO Blankenship probably not only have been able to save millions of his huge salaries but he also got a multimillion parachute. So, he will be financially set for life even if he did handle his job so badly that he was sentenced to prison for an accident that killed 29 men.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-don-blankenship-prison-upper-big-branch-mine

A Golden Parachute For Don Blankenship of Massey Energy - ABC News

You're a trump supporter you wouldn't accept credible proof if it bit you in the ass.

You are TURDS sufferer-you hate Trump for keeping Hillary out of the white house

Income redistribution is a vital part of society. That without it you will have stagnated wages and lack of opportunity for the people while the economic elite becomes more and more powerful and wealthy.

The wealth that failed to trickle down: The rich do get richer while poor stay poor, report suggests | The Independent

Extremely high salaries also detach executives from financial responsibility for their actions. For example, if a worker did his jobs so badly that people died and he was sentenced to prison for that he would probably face a tough economic time then he came out from prison.

While coal CEO Blankenship probably not only have been able to save millions of his huge salaries but he also got a multimillion parachute. So, he will be financially set for life even if he did handle his job so badly that he was sentenced to prison for an accident that killed 29 men.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-don-blankenship-prison-upper-big-branch-mine

you believe that the pie is finite and that being rich prevents the poor from gaining wealth?

You are TURDS sufferer-you hate Trump for keeping Hillary out of the white house

Projection from you about obama isnt my concern. you support a corrupt, non transparent, idiot like trump.

You're a trump supporter you wouldn't accept credible proof if it bit you in the ass.

Couldn't tell how transparent the Obama administration was because they tried to hide everything so much.

Income is distributed now.

Projection from you about obama isnt my concern. you support a corrupt, non transparent, idiot like trump.

you support a corrupt, non transparent, idiot like Obama.

you believe that the pie is finite and that being rich prevents the poor from gaining wealth?

Yay pie!

Doesn't matter if there's new pie if the folks with most of the pie get all the new pie too.

Couldn't tell how transparent the Obama administration was because they tried to hide everything so much.

I don't recall press secretary black outs like trump is doing. No comparison.

you support a corrupt, non transparent, idiot like Obama.

Again no comparison to the lying white trash ***** grabbing liar you support con which is far worse and corrupt. Bet you even support the AHCA being passed with no public hearings and all the secrecy. Even the ACA didn't have as much secrecy as your corrupt pieces of **** GOP is doing. Again no comparison .

I don't recall press secretary black outs like trump is doing. No comparison.

All press secretaries are worthless pieces of ****. What do we get out of them? Absolutely nothing but the administration line. Do you really need Sean Spicer to explain Trump's positions on things? Did we really need Obama's press secretaries to explain Obama's positions on things?

Again no comparison to the lying white trash ***** grabbing liar you support con which is far worse and corrupt. Bet you even support the AHCA being passed with no public hearings and all the secrecy. Even the ACA didn't have as much secrecy as your corrupt pieces of **** GOP is doing. Again no comparison .

I don't support Trump but I will defend him from the rabid liberal left. Obama's press secretaries lied every time they came out. I posted several links in another thread of all the lies Obama's press secretaries told. It's what the job is.

Trump is still the same blah-blah-blah establishment, he doesn't need defending because he is currently in hiding from the people who voted for him. It's a sad sight. I'm sorry America! You deserve better!

All press secretaries are worthless pieces of ****. What do we get out of them? Absolutely nothing but the administration line. Do you really need Sean Spicer to explain Trump's positions on things? Did we really need Obama's press secretaries to explain Obama's positions on things?

Again you prove what a trumpbot you are by failing to defend the undefendable. Trump is a piece of ****nalong with his cabinet and far less transparent than obama ever was. You're dismissed

I don't support Trump but I will defend him from the rabid liberal left. Obama's press secretaries lied every time they came out. I posted several links in another thread of all the lies Obama's press secretaries told. It's what the job is.

You are a trumpbot through and through so don't even try that bull**** that you don't support him. You defend him daily on the most idiotic things. He's lied more in 6 months than obama in 8years.

Back
Top Bottom