• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump supporters are Elitists

CriticalThought

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
They just don't seem to know it.

e·lit·ist

relating to or supporting the view that a society or system should be led by an elite.

Who did Trump pick for his cabinet?

President-elect Donald Trump rode the winds of a populist movement into Washington, D.C., promising to root out money from politics. Yet when picking his Cabinet members, Mr. Trump is surrounding himself with a historic level of wealth that’s at least 50 times greater than the Cabinet that George W. Bush led.

So far, Mr. Trump’s Cabinet picks have a combined net worth of more than $14 billion, based on estimates from Forbes and other sources. Given that many positions have yet to be filled, it’s likely that total will increase in the coming weeks.

President-elect Trump's $14 billion Cabinet - Billionaires in Donald Trump's ultra-rich cabinet - Pictures - CBS News

So by definition, he picked the elite to run the country. But he cares about coal miners and jobs! Or does he really care about something else?

This grand strategic design is evident in virtually everything Trump has done at home and abroad. Domestically, he’s pulled out all the stops in attempting to cripple the rise of alternative energy and ensure the perpetuation of a carbon-dominated economy. Abroad, he is seeking the formation of an alliance of fossil-fuel states led by the United States, Russia, and Saudi Arabia, while attempting to isolate emerging renewable-energy powers like Germany and China.

https://www.thenation.com/article/donald-trumps-fixation-on-fossil-fuel/

Oil, coal, and gas executives are the "little guys" and we are all elites for questioning the carbon loving Trump supporters who know so much better than us what will make America "Great" in the 21st century. They jump about with glee over how angry people get about the "disruptor" they elected who is just a shell for fossil fuel elites and who makes it obvious with EVERYTHING he does.

Last edited:

President-elect Trump's $14 billion Cabinet - Billionaires in Donald Trump's ultra-rich cabinet - Pictures - CBS News

So by definition, he picked the elite to run the country. But he cares about coal miners and jobs! Or does he really care about something else?

Oil, coal, and gas executives are the "little guys" and we are all elites for questioning the carbon loving Trump supporters who know so much better than us what will make America "Great" in the 21st century. They jump about with glee over how angry people get about the "disruptor" they elected who is just a shell for fossil fuel elites and who makes it obvious with EVERYTHING he does.

Absolutely agree with your definition of elitist. Elitism thrives with a hierarchy. The elite class usually either eschews the poor altogether, or claims that they rose from the dregs of society to become the great men and women they now are. Because fewer people are richer than poorer, populism is not compatible with the former, but Trump might be viewed as someone who rose to the top of the occasion.

So what if he's a rich, old, white man? Rich people can support him because he grew up. Old people can support him because he grew up. Men can support him because he grew up.

So, yes I can appreciate the irony of "coastal elitism" being renewable energy. The oil, coal and gas are like chaff being ejected out of an airplane to confuse anyone who is watching the radar... but liberals won't fall for that, so is he just trying to distract conservatives? :peace

And they are poopieheads and mouthbreathers too! I mean, if all we can come up with is mindless insults, let's not do it halfway...

How many poor people were in Obama's cabinet?

Face the facts...everyone in that level of government is a "rich elitist." Putting blame on Trump for this is like blaming him for being white.

Trump supporters are not necessarily "elitists," but Trump and his top cabinet definitely are.

How many poor people were in Obama's cabinet?

Face the facts...everyone in that level of government is a "rich elitist." Putting blame on Trump for this is like blaming him for being white.

But folks like you said trump would be different.

Isnt everyone an elitist? Do you want the president's cabinet to be full of high school drop outs?

Of course not, every one knows they are uncultured bigots who shun intellectualism (sarcasm, in case you missed it)

Now BOTH democrat leaders AND supporters OTOH are both elitist:)

You know how stupid the original post in this thread is? Well, your post matched it, and maybe even exceeded it in terms of stupidity. Well done!

You know how stupid the original post in this thread is? Well, your post matched it, and maybe even exceeded it in terms of stupidity. Well done!

I agree 110% But what do you expect? I was only saying exactly what liberals claim. See my sarcasm reminder?

In fact, the very person I quoted made those claims in another thread! lol

I agree 110% But what do you expect? I was only saying exactly what liberals claim. See my sarcasm reminder?

In fact, the very person I quoted made those claims in another thread! lol

OK, I am going to take this really slow for you so you might keep up: Any time any one claims "liberals say" or "conservatives say", they have proven their status as an overly partisan hack. I am a liberal, and I say quite different things from the OP, and from most other liberals on this board. The same can be said for most liberals. We are not some monolithic faction, we are a bunch of people with varying opinions. Just like conservatives. So please stop failing so miserably...

OK, I am going to take this really slow for you so you might keep up: Any time any one claims "liberals say" or "conservatives say", they have proven their status as an overly partisan hack. I am a liberal, and I say quite different things from the OP, and from most other liberals on this board. The same can be said for most liberals. We are not some monolithic faction, we are a bunch of people with varying opinions. Just like conservatives. So please stop failing so miserably...
OK, even slower for the reading challenged, I was saying the VERY SAME CLAIMS the person I quoted made in another thread.

Keep swinging.

OK, even slower for the reading challenged, I was saying the VERY SAME CLAIMS the person I quoted made in another thread.

Keep swinging.

Do you always blame your actions on others?

Do you always blame your actions on others?

Do you always step in the middle of something, lose badly and fail to see sarcasm (even when pointed out like these words) then deflect?

Must suck when you call something so stupid (don't forget poopiehead) someone say's only to find out they are parroting your liberal buddies words.

You bought the smack and failed, just admit it, suck it up and go away.

*I know admitting defeat is not a liberal strong point*

Well I do try to be the best at everything. :lamo

You have a better explanation for why Trump picked an oil tycoon to be out Secretary of State and he does everything he can to tickle the balls of every fossil fuel funded autocracy like Russia and Saudi Arabia?

That's funny! I will say this, you lefties certainly have a sense of humor.

The election was not a referendum on the rich. It was on washingtons esatblisment career politicians

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The election was not a referendum on the rich. It was on washingtons esatblisment career politicians

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Is that why Jeff Sessions is the Attorney General? Is that why Tom Price is the Secretary of Health?

I think Those who voted for Trump where not just Conservatives but xenophobia and old hippies and odd balls who where old hippies who have fallen under the curse of getting conservative as they have gotten older yet can't get themselves to vote for real conservatives. They instead vote for populist conspiracy theory lunkheads like Trump.

Trump is an elite. Ergo, his supporters are elitists. :shrug:

Trump is an elite. Ergo, his supporters are elitists. :shrug:

hmmm, hillary is corrupt asshole. shall we extend the analogy? :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom