• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump on 'fire and fury' warning to North Korea: Maybe statement wasn't tough enough

Re: Trump on 'fire and fury' warning to North Korea: Maybe statement wasn't tough eno

Leave it alone.

Kim Jong Un above all other things wants to maintain his regime. He is not going to attack us, South Korea, or Japan because even he knows it would be a suicide mission. These threats are nothing new, and NK has had the ability to attack South Korea or Japan for some time. They haven't simply because the retaliation from the rest of the worlds super powers would be so great, there would be no regime left to rule over.

These recent shows of power are just that. Kim Jong Un wants to show his country how 'strong' he is by conducting these missile tests. You also have to remember, these people think the recent missile tests are state of the art when the reality is, it's actually incredibly primitive compared even to technology we had in the 1970's.

That's been the strategy up til now. Look what it got us.

Re: Trump on 'fire and fury' warning to North Korea: Maybe statement wasn't tough eno

That's been the strategy up til now. Look what it got us.
Yes, it's worked pretty well to avoid war - these missile test will not change that unless we instigate a war.

Yes, it's worked pretty well to avoid war - these missile test will not change that unless we instigate a war.

Yeah, it worked great postponing a war. The strategy was shortsighted, at best.

The rhetoric from the left and the likes of McCain hasn't been much better. Hell, people wanted Hillary who supported policies that would have put us at war with Russia so *shrug* I guess I'm just going to have to disagree with you.

Yeah, I'd ask you to quote "rhetoric from the left" that threatens Russia nuclear annihilation or anything similar, but it doesn't exist. And I also don't recall policies Hillary supported that would put us at war with Russia. Sounds like you've been listening to too much Fox News or maybe Rush Limbaugh or something. Maybe ought to work on that - join us in the reality based world.

What was 'insane' about his remarks? If Kim acts on his threats I think it is quite likely that our response will resemble fire and fury, no?

That wasn't really the point, as you know. You act like we've given NK a free hand for the past 60 years or so, but that's false. The only change under Trump is instead of doing the threats through channels, Trump is yelling his. Tough guy!

If i were Trump i would be tempted to deploy the navy and posture them for for a full asdault that only stops with an unconditional surrender.

Great plan if you don't mind Seoul getting annihilated.

Great plan if you don't mind Seoul getting annihilated.
great plan if Kim is planning on losing his country and his life.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

You act like Kim just came to power yesterday. This crap has been going on for years. Kim is not going to attack Guam or anywhere else because he now knows if he does, he gets his ass kicked

Haven't you ever done something just to see what would happen?

great plan if Kim is planning on losing his country and his life.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

That is the fun part of dealing with a madman. You just do not know the level of madness.

That wasn't really the point, as you know. You act like we've given NK a free hand for the past 60 years or so, but that's false. The only change under Trump is instead of doing the threats through channels, Trump is yelling his. Tough guy!

So what?

Haven't you ever done something just to see what would happen?

Sure. But I would not jump off a building to see what would happen. I know what would happen so I don't do it. Kim has just been told what would happen

I was responding to you. It's what happens here. :doh

I was responding to you. It's what happens here. :doh

And I responded back. Whats your point?

He's playing to his base by trying to sound tough. He considers his image to his base more important that actual U.S. national security.
Agreed.

Trump puts his desire to remain in power as the most important thing, over God and Country.

Why not save yourself some trouble and just admit that, no matter what, you're going to side against President Trump?

If Trump had delivered on his promise about cheap, universal, 'easy' healthcare I'd be one of his cheerleaders.

If he declared our transportation system a disgrace and started a massive rebuilt campaign to bring us into the 21st century, I'd be out front all for him.

But he is bringing out the worst in us, our system and wasting time using divisive social issues.

Now this BS saber rattling instead of working with China he DEMANDS China step up... where does he think he is??? On a 'reality' show??? :peace

If Trump had delivered on his promise about cheap, universal, 'easy' healthcare I'd be one of his cheerleaders.

If he declared our transportation system a disgrace and started a massive rebuilt campaign to bring us into the 21st century, I'd be out front all for him.

But he is bringing out the worst in us, our system and wasting time using divisive social issues.

Now this BS saber rattling instead of working with China he DEMANDS China step up... where does he think he is??? On a 'reality' show??? :peace

How do you figure our transportation system is a disgrace?

How do you figure our transportation system is a disgrace?

Many of our bridges are unsafe and need repair. Same thing for dams and levees. Same for airports. Same for water and sanitation systems. etc.

https://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/

ETA: Other than all that, everything is peachy.

Many of our bridges are unsafe and need repair. Same thing for dams and levees. Same for airports. Same for water and sanitation systems. etc.

https://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/

Infrastructure jobs are going on literally every day. Thousands of them. We can't shut the country down to fix everything at once.

Infrastructure jobs are going on literally every day. Thousands of them. We can't shut the country down to fix everything at once.

We can develop a plan to include investment, prioritization, and action. Trump said in his campaign that he wanted to do this. Everybody wants to do this. If he did this, he'd have everyone's support.

We can develop a plan to include investment, prioritization, and action. Trump said in his campaign that he wanted to do this. Everybody wants to do this. If he did this, he'd have everyone's support.

Again, road contructions jobs are going on literally every day. Whatelse do you want?

Again, road contructions jobs are going on literally every day. Whatelse do you want?

Bridges, dams, levees, ports, etc. There's more wrong than just a few potholes.

ETA: You need to bother to read my link. It explains a lot. Educate yourself in something besides right wing world view and grievances.

Bridges, dams, levees, ports, etc. There's more wrong than just a few potholes.

ETA: You need to bother to read my link. It explains a lot. Educate yourself in something besides right wing world view and grievances.

I'm out in the real world every day. Between now and monday morning I will travel from Nashville, TN to Louisville, KY ending up in Edison, NJ. I see first hand the infrastructure jobs going on. That's why I don't buy into the bull**** that our national infractructure is "crumbling" and that there isn't anything being done about it.

I'm out in the real world every day. Between now and monday morning I will travel from Nashville, TN to Louisville, KY ending up in Edison, NJ. I see first hand the infrastructure jobs going on. That's why I don't buy into the bull**** that our national infractructure is "crumbling" and that there isn't anything being done about it.

Okay, you just don't believe anything I say. Good to know. Argument done. Happy trails and all that.

*Seriously, who the hell is Seb Gorka?

Just saw this article and thought you might be interested: Sebastian Gorka, the West Wing's Phony Foreign-Policy Guru - Rolling Stone

The Breitbart News headline, back in November 2014, rang like a five-alarm fire bell: MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD OVERRUNS NATIONAL CATHEDRAL IN DC. Its author, Breitbart's national-security editor, was Dr. Sebastian L. v. Gorka, who currently occupies a top White House post as "deputy assistant" to President Donald Trump. And like just about anything Gorka has said or written, the Breitbart headline was wrong in every way. It wasn't the Muslim Brotherhood at all, and no one overran anything. Despite his characteristic hyperventilation, the event in question was a dignified, interfaith prayer service organized jointly by the leaders of Washington National Cathedral and five mainstream Muslim organizations seeking to unite "voices of moderation."

Yeah, I'd ask you to quote "rhetoric from the left" that threatens Russia nuclear annihilation or anything similar, but it doesn't exist. And I also don't recall policies Hillary supported that would put us at war with Russia. Sounds like you've been listening to too much Fox News or maybe Rush Limbaugh or something. Maybe ought to work on that - join us in the reality based world.

She supported a no fly zone.

This is what that meant.

Nice try with your cute little "Fox News" and "Rush" comment, though. I understand that that is a fallback for in lieu of actually thinking for many.

Back
Top Bottom