• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump on 'fire and fury' warning to North Korea: Maybe statement wasn't tough enough

Re: Trump on 'fire and fury' warning to North Korea: Maybe statement wasn't tough eno

Sooner, or later we won't be willing, or able to appease the NORKS and millions more will die. It's inevitable.

We find ourselves asking these questions now, because of the appeasement over the past 25 years.

What does that even mean? Once they have dozens of ICBMs and our shipments of gold aren't enough to appease the dragon lord Kim. He will reign down fire and fury upon all because we didn't have the balls to start an apocalypse in 2017?

Re: Trump on 'fire and fury' warning to North Korea: Maybe statement wasn't tough eno

*Seriously, who the hell is Seb Gorka?

A guy who, coincidentally, had his first fact checked by politifact today. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/aug/10/sebastian-gorka/no-obama-administration-didnt-invent-term-lone-wol/

Turns out, his command of facts is lacking, in hilariously bad ways.

"There's no such thing as a lone wolf," Gorka said. "You do know that. That was a phrase invented by the last administration to make Americans stupid. There has never been a serious attack or a serious plot that was unconnected from ISIS or al-Qaida. At least through the ideology and the TTPs, the tactics, the training, the techniques and the procedures, that they supply through the internet. Never happened. It’s bogus."

A guy who, coincidentally, had his first fact checked by politifact today. No, the Obama administration didn't invent the term 'lone wolf' for terrorists | PolitiFact

"There has never been a serious attack or a serious plot that was unconnected from ISIS or al-Qaida."

That is...amazing. Dylan Roof will be surprised to learn that he was acting in accordance with ISIS.

Classic Trump.

I like it.

:2wave:

And as some say, avoided the draft.

NO no nooo... he was in a viscous battle with bone spurs brought on by all that hard labor he did as a young man. A battle that only showed up miraculously in one of his four deferments.

Last edited:

A guy who, coincidentally, had his first fact checked by politifact today. No, the Obama administration didn't invent the term 'lone wolf' for terrorists | PolitiFact

The man is seriously screwed. Why he is in the position he is in, baffled me, until I consider the Muslim ban.
That and Bannon needs a bum boy

Just have to say that one would have to be completely ignorant of trump if you didn't know he was going to be childish and petulant enough to double down on his initial stupidity.

NO no nooo... he was in a viscous battle with bone spurs brought on by all that hard labor he did as a young man.

Yeah all that golf can lead to calluses.

It's not really strong rhetoric. It's a schoolyard taunt. It's not well thought out and credible. I keep expecting Trump and Kim to unzip and compare equipment.

Then why is everyone wringing their hands, if it's not strong rhetoric?

I can't imagine anyone sane "cheering" Trump making insane threats of nuclear annihilation against Russia.

The rhetoric from the left and the likes of McCain hasn't been much better. Hell, people wanted Hillary who supported policies that would have put us at war with Russia so *shrug* I guess I'm just going to have to disagree with you.

And you think he just learned this after Trump made his insane public threats? Give me a break.

What was 'insane' about his remarks? If Kim acts on his threats I think it is quite likely that our response will resemble fire and fury, no?

I agree with what Trump did, on the only thing of note he did.
He signed the sanctions against Russia. But he had to, and whined like a bitch about, didn't he?

One issue is that he's done next to nothing.
Secondly, he's basically been for, and against, so many issues, that how can anyone really be on Trump's side, when his side changes?

That makes me believe Trump supporters either have never really known his positions, or that they never cared, they are simply loyal to Trump.

Remember tax increases on the wealthy he use to say he'd implement?
Then he backed down when in office and said they get tax cuts five ways.

So I supported the first Trump, and opposed the second.

And now I support Steve Bannon's tax suggestion:
Steve Bannon pushing Trump for tax hike on rich Americans - Business Insider

If Trump supports that, I'll support him supporting that.
But Trump is punching Mitch M. in the face right now, how is he going to get the GOP to back tax cuts on everyone and hikes on the wealthy? That's 100% anti-GOP!
So while I'd support Trump for supporting it, I'd be pissed that he's so ineffective that he'd never get it passed.
Trump has lost the confidence of many people, personally, and professionally. In a way, you're right, it almost doesn't matter what he says now, because that was the lesson of the boy who cried wolf.

Not so simple is it.
I wholeheartedly support the narcissistic, misogynist so-called president, lying liar, l'll donny on this endeavor.

Trump on his 'fire and fury' warning to North Korea: Maybe statement wasn't tough enough. - ABC News

That's it. That's the whole article. Well, I guess you can't accuse the Associated Press of being too verbose.

You have Trump screaming about fire and fury, Rex Tillerson saying that we can all sleep at night because we're using diplomacy, Seb Gorka* is saying “the idea that Secretary Tillerson is going to discuss military matters is simply nonsensical,” and Mattis is warning North Korea not to "invite destruction onto its people."

It's really great to see cooler heads prevailing in the White House and that they're all on the same page.

*Seriously, who the hell is Seb Gorka?

It's like we're being led by the president of the WWF.

Sebastian Gorka is a Bond Villain. Every time I hear him talk, I picture him saying, "Welcome to my lair, Mr. Bond. Have you met my assistant, Octo*****?"

What is his role, exactly?

He's a fake terrorism expert. He has a fake PHD from Jamaica or something. He's a former Breitbart personality.

After watching Trump addressing the press just moments ago, he very much sounds like a man that wants to go to war.

He's playing to his base by trying to sound tough. He considers his image to his base more important that actual U.S. national security.

What does that even mean? Once they have dozens of ICBMs and our shipments of gold aren't enough to appease the dragon lord Kim. He will reign down fire and fury upon all because we didn't have the balls to start an apocalypse in 2017?

You never know what he might do. We don't know who might replace him. We do know he's constantly upgrading his capabilities. He's had mission capable warheads for four years. Back then we were told he wasn't a threat, therefore we could ignore him.

He's playing to his base by trying to sound tough. He considers his image to his base more important that actual U.S. national security.

What do you think he should do? Ignore Kim and hope he goes away? That was the policy for the past eight years. How did that work?

What do you think he should do? Ignore Kim and hope he goes away? That was the policy for the past eight years. How did that work?

He tough talk should be done privately with NK. In public he should not try to scare the **** out of everyone.

Fortunately most sane people don't take Trump seriously - see the thread I started today.

Leave it alone.

Kim Jong Un above all other things wants to maintain his regime. He is not going to attack us, South Korea, or Japan because even he knows it would be a suicide mission. These threats are nothing new, and NK has had the ability to attack South Korea or Japan for some time. They haven't simply because the retaliation from the rest of the worlds super powers would be so great, there would be no regime left to rule over.

These recent shows of power are just that. Kim Jong Un wants to show his country how 'strong' he is by conducting these missile tests. You also have to remember, these people think the recent missile tests are state of the art when the reality is, it's actually incredibly primitive compared even to technology we had in the 1970's.

It's not really strong rhetoric. It's a schoolyard taunt. It's not well thought out and credible. I keep expecting Trump and Kim to unzip and compare equipment.

It would be a contest of miniaturization.

He tough talk should be done privately with NK. In public he should not try to scare the **** out of everyone.

Fortunately most sane people don't take Trump seriously - see the thread I started today.

right, like when Truman made all those speeches threatening japan with nuclear strikes. He should have done that in private.

and if North Korea took Obama "seriously" we wouldn't be in this situation. So go cry to him if your scared.

right, like when Truman made all those speeches threatening japan with nuclear strikes. He should have done that in private.

and if North Korea took Obama "seriously" we wouldn't be in this situation. So go cry to him if your scared.

You know, I was about to ignore your post, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have an IQ above double-digits:

When Truman was president, we were already at war and Japan had attacked Pearl Harbor. We or not at war with NK, nor has NK done anything accept make stupid, "Trump-like" threats.

Obama did attack NK with cyber warfare - when Obama spoke to the nation, he assumed his audience has an level of intelligence above the age of three, and did not act like a professional wrestler.

Finally, I'm not scared. Fortunately, I don't take Trump seriously. Some people, however, do and they need a leader that can instill a sense of calm over the nation. If really think Trump is behaving with the poise, dignity and thoughtfulness of the leader of the free world, I honestly pity you.

Last edited:

NO no nooo... he was in a viscous battle with bone spurs brought on by all that hard labor he did as a young man. A battle that only showed up miraculously in one of his four deferments.

I remember during a press conference he couldn't remember in which foot his "bone spurs" were located. His response was, "it's in the records". What a cowardly, lying ****head he is.

After watching Trump addressing the press just moments ago, he very much sounds like a man that wants to go to war.
Good he should SOUND that way if thats what he is trying to sell. Kennedy sold it well with the war of pigs conflict

I dont want war of course but this is a poker game NK is playing and they are the short stack at the table. My opinion is that you put them all in when you know your holding the high hand.

If i were Trump i would be tempted to deploy the navy and posture them for for a full asdault that only stops with an unconditional surrender.

Does Kim want to lose his sovereignity? I would put his confidence in winning this conflict to the text.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom