• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump on 'fire and fury' warning to North Korea: Maybe statement wasn't tough enough

Re: Trump on 'fire and fury' warning to North Korea: Maybe statement wasn't tough eno

I don't like it, either but people would be cheering if he did the same with Russia. There's no consistency in the criticism

I can't imagine anyone sane "cheering" Trump making insane threats of nuclear annihilation against Russia.

Re: Trump on 'fire and fury' warning to North Korea: Maybe statement wasn't tough eno

You act like Kim just came to power yesterday. This crap has been going on for years. Kim is not going to attack Guam or anywhere else because he now knows if he does, he gets his ass kicked

And you think he just learned this after Trump made his insane public threats? Give me a break.

Why not save yourself some trouble and just admit that, no matter what, you're going to side against President Trump?

Because it's not true.

Because it's not true.

Name one thing you sided with President Trump on.

I can't imagine anyone sane "cheering" Trump making insane threats of nuclear annihilation against Russia.

a poor backward country the size of Pennsylvania has been pushing around the entire world for a couple of decades. Trump says that all stops now. If you have a problem with that, tough. win an election.

a poor backward country the size of Pennsylvania has been pushing around the entire world for a couple of decades. Trump says that all stops now. If you have a problem with that, tough. win an election.

Not sure what that has to do with my comment.

And I think I'll continue to comment on politics even though I didn't vote for Trump. Thanks for the useless advice, though, that I'm quite positive you ignored during the Obama years.

He said stop, like every other president. He just said it like an idiot.
Then he immediately backed off, and said "well, at least think about stopping, seriously".

Next he'll be threatening to take the keys to the car.

You've moved the goal posts. The claim was I'd disagree with Trump "no matter what" and that's just not true. He promised to insure everyone and to not cut Medicare, Medicaid or SS. If, for example, he pushed a healthcare plan that did those things, I'd support him!

The DPRK and the danger they present to the world goes further than what I'm sure are heartfelt but simplistic what if's. Being realistic in our discussions is not the same as advocating for war or the deaths of millions.

Extremely vague.

I agree with what Trump did, on the only thing of note he did.
He signed the sanctions against Russia. But he had to, and whined like a bitch about, didn't he?

One issue is that he's done next to nothing.
Secondly, he's basically been for, and against, so many issues, that how can anyone really be on Trump's side, when his side changes?

That makes me believe Trump supporters either have never really known his positions, or that they never cared, they are simply loyal to Trump.

Remember tax increases on the wealthy he use to say he'd implement?
Then he backed down when in office and said they get tax cuts five ways.

So I supported the first Trump, and opposed the second.

And now I support Steve Bannon's tax suggestion:
Steve Bannon pushing Trump for tax hike on rich Americans - Business Insider

Bannon is advocating a hike on the top tax bracket to finance a dramatic cut on taxes for middle- and lower-income Americans.

If Trump supports that, I'll support him supporting that.
But Trump is punching Mitch M. in the face right now, how is he going to get the GOP to back tax cuts on everyone and hikes on the wealthy? That's 100% anti-GOP!
So while I'd support Trump for supporting it, I'd be pissed that he's so ineffective that he'd never get it passed.
Trump has lost the confidence of many people, personally, and professionally. In a way, you're right, it almost doesn't matter what he says now, because that was the lesson of the boy who cried wolf.

Not so simple is it.

Years of appeasement will inevitably lead to the deaths of millions.

NK has had the capability to bring millions of deaths for quite some time now and haven't. It seems you want to avoid the possibility of millions of deaths in the future in exchange for guaranteed millions of deaths now.

Trump on his 'fire and fury' warning to North Korea: Maybe statement wasn't tough enough. - ABC News

That's it. That's the whole article. Well, I guess you can't accuse the Associated Press of being too verbose.

You have Trump screaming about fire and fury, Rex Tillerson saying that we can all sleep at night because we're using diplomacy, Seb Gorka* is saying “the idea that Secretary Tillerson is going to discuss military matters is simply nonsensical,” and Mattis is warning North Korea not to "invite destruction onto its people."

It's really great to see cooler heads prevailing in the White House and that they're all on the same page.

*Seriously, who the hell is Seb Gorka?

Go on YouTube and look up Samantha bee Sebastian Gorka, Trump whisperer

You've moved the goal posts. The claim was I'd disagree with Trump "no matter what" and that's just not true. He promised to insure everyone and to not cut Medicare, Medicaid or SS. If, for example, he pushed a healthcare plan that did those things, I'd support him!

Thatxs what I thought. :lamo

After watching Trump addressing the press just moments ago, he very much sounds like a man that wants to go to war.

We've always known that trump wants to play with his military toys to improve his approvals.

I will say that he sounded a bit more coherent, but still blatantly lied and said his usual stupid steaming pile.

I am enjoying his feud with McConnell .

It's not the stance. It's the presumed and denied chaos. Gorka says one thing, Tillerson another, Mattis kinda on the same page. And the choice of words. Hyperbole is not going to help matters. Trumps chest thumping rings hollow. Along with his Tweet that the nuclear arsenal has been upgraded on his watch. The NKs are reading DJT correctly. They have threatened and insulted him personally. There is a way to be strong and not act like your hair is fire!

As you mention, trump has Obama to thank for the 30-year upgrade on the nuclear arsenal ...

NK has had the capability to bring millions of deaths for quite some time now and haven't. It seems you want to avoid the possibility of millions of deaths in the future in exchange for guaranteed millions of deaths now.

Sooner, or later we won't be willing, or able to appease the NORKS and millions more will die. It's inevitable.

We find ourselves asking these questions now, because of the appeasement over the past 25 years.

Not really. The North Korea thing is worse but you wring your hands over strong rhetoric there but also complain about weak rhetoric against Russia for way less.

It isn't strong rhetoric; it's insane rhetoric; strong rhetoric is done privately;

GOPs are now longing for my hero and the hero of John McCain, that being Teddy Roosevelt ;;

Thatxs what I thought. :lamo

I'm glad you recognize that I'll judge his actions on the merits.

FWIW, I approve of the the sanctions that Nikki Haley/Trump negotiated at the UN, so there's that. Good job Ms. Haley! 15-0 vote!

Trump on his 'fire and fury' warning to North Korea: Maybe statement wasn't tough enough. - ABC News

That's it. That's the whole article. Well, I guess you can't accuse the Associated Press of being too verbose.

You have Trump screaming about fire and fury, Rex Tillerson saying that we can all sleep at night because we're using diplomacy, Seb Gorka* is saying “the idea that Secretary Tillerson is going to discuss military matters is simply nonsensical,” and Mattis is warning North Korea not to "invite destruction onto its people."

It's really great to see cooler heads prevailing in the White House and that they're all on the same page.

*Seriously, who the hell is Seb Gorka?

A guy you will NOT like if you read up on him.

Sooner, or later we won't be willing, or able to appease the NORKS and millions more will die. It's inevitable. We find ourselves asking these questions now, because of the appeasement over the past 25 years.

25 years is a trump talking point to blame Clinton; NK nukes started in 1989 and the nuclear program started in 1958; though you won't find me blaming GHWB or IKE; that's because I get administrative overlap ;;

Trump SHOULD IMO issue one simple straightforward statement...preferably with the support of the UN. North Korea is not our problem. They are not in our hemisphere. They are not in our sphere of influence. We stand by our allies in South Korea and will work to continue to develop positive relationships with any willing participant in the region and the world. Beyond that...We have no further comment on North Korea.

That also should have been Clintons statement. And Bush. And Obama. Kim spouts his bull**** towards the US because the US has historically played their silly game.

After watching Trump addressing the press just moments ago, he very much sounds like a man that wants to go to war.

Why wouldn't he? It's not he would ever have to serve.

A guy you will NOT like if you read up on him.

I'm getting that impression.

Why wouldn't he? It's not he would ever have to serve.

And as some say, avoided the draft.

Back
Top Bottom