• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The human body can heal itself.

Can the body heal itself?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just recently @trixare4kids shared a miracle that happened in her life. Are you claiming she lied? People in the past and many today are eyewitnesses of miracles. Do you have a good explanation for the miracles even doctors speak of?
Yes, miracles are lazy attempts to explain something typically fortuitous that us not ready or easily known or understood. Or they are simply emotionally appealing. Eyewitness accounts mean very little, as they are subjective and anecdotal. There's certainly nothing objective to validate any claim of a miracle. Ever.

Yes, miracles are lazy attempts to explain something typically fortuitous that us not ready or easily known or understood. Or they are simply emotionally appealing. Eyewitness accounts mean very little, as they are subjective and anecdotal. There's certainly nothing objective to validate any claim of a miracle. Ever.
Eyewitnesses are the backbone of our criminal justice system.

Eyewitnesses are the backbone of our criminal justice system.
They are also easily refuted or proven false under cross examination and especially when actual objective evidence is presented. Eyewitnesses leave a big margin for "reasonable doubt" in the justice system.

They are also easily refuted or proven false under cross examination and especially when actual objective evidence is presented. Eyewitnesses leave a big margin for "reasonable doubt" in the justice system.
If you were right we wouldn't have as many convictions. You're grabbing for straws.

If you were right we wouldn't have as many convictions. You're grabbing for straws.
If it weren't for more solid evidence such ad DNA, many convictions wouldn't be overturned. Or do you seriously think eyewitness testimony is the only evidence brought to bear when prosecuting or exonerating the accused? Yeah, I'm not the one grasping here.

I have the historical record of the almost extinction of the Aztecs. Their sheer population saved them. A much smaller population would have been enough to wipe them out. Thus extrapolating from that, earlier populations of human beings would have had a rougher time surviving a major disease hitting the smaller group of people.

The Aztecs are not all human beings, but a sub group. You have nothing at all. And they weren’t even wiped out, by your own admission. You can’t extrapolate from one subgroup of human beings to the entire species human beings. That isn’t how it works. You are not doing science at all, but just making things up to fit your belief. You still have zero scientific statistical evidence on which to base your highly speculative opinion.

If it weren't for more solid evidence such ad DNA, many convictions wouldn't be overturned. Or do you seriously think eyewitness testimony is the only evidence brought to bear when prosecuting or exonerating the accused? Yeah, I'm not the one grasping here.
Circumstantial evidence is also part of the backbone of our criminal justice system. You're striking out here. Just stop making excuses for your disbelief.

Just recently @trixare4kids shared a miracle that happened in her life. Are you claiming she lied? People in the past and many today are eyewitnesses of miracles. Do you have a good explanation for the miracles even doctors speak of?

What she did is subjectively call something that happened a miracle. That is just her opinion, and there is no evidence presented that would point toward it being a miracle, just her opinion. She believes it was a miracle, that is all.

The Aztecs are not all human beings, but a sub group. You have nothing at all. And they weren’t even wiped out, by your own admission. You can’t extrapolate from one subgroup of human beings to the entire species human beings. That isn’t how it works. You are not doing science at all, but just making things up to fit your belief. You still have zero scientific statistical evidence on which to base your highly speculative opinion.
My point is valid despite your feeble attempt to refute it. The Aztecs were saved just by the sheer large population. Human beings didn't just pop up by the millions. Is that what you believe?

Circumstantial evidence is also part of the backbone of our criminal justice system. You're striking out here. Just stop making excuses for your disbelief.
Once again, circumstantial evidence takes a backseat to objective evidence. They are not on the same level. Circumstantial also leaves a much wider margin of error and doubt. There's a reason it's not used in science either. I'm not the one striking out here. You're not even on the same playing field, much less in the game.

Once again, circumstantial evidence takes a backseat to objective evidence. They are not on the same level. Circumstantial also leaves a much wider margin of error and doubt. There's a reason it's not used in science either. I'm not the one striking out here. You're not even on the same playing field, much less in the game.
You're hung up on "objective" evidence and I doubt you know what it means.

If they want to read about it, I mentioned it in 2018, and since then, my blood counts have returned to normal. Every blood test since I was first dx'd has improved. It's a miracle. My oncologist thinks so too.

Absolutely. Eyewitness testimony is all we have and when people want to deny it, they're just stuck in denial or are playing games. I am living testimony of a truly miraculous cure from cancer! There is no other explanation, and my oncologist agrees. I got better because I prayed and through God's grace and mercy, my prayers were answered. The diagnosis of leukemia was removed from my health records. I am cancer free.

Just recently @trixare4kids shared a miracle that happened in her life. Are you claiming she lied?

probably.

since they claim God isn't real, then i guess she must be lying.
People in the past and many today are eyewitnesses of miracles. Do you have a good explanation for the miracles even doctors speak of?

more lying.

they don't believe their eyes, ears, or Logic. the Doctors are wrong too, we just don't know why.

You're hung up on "objective" evidence and I doubt you know what it means.
You clearly do not know what evidence is, especially if you think eyewitness or circumstantial "evidence" is the same as objective evidence.

Absolutely. Eyewitness testimony is all we have and when people want to deny it, they're just stuck in denial or are playing games.

I am living testimony of a truly miraculous cure from cancer! There is no other explanation, and my oncologist agrees.

is that a 'lazy attempt to explain something typically fortuitous that is not readily or easily known or understood'. ???

or maybe 'simply emotionally appealing' ???

I got better because I prayed and through God's grace and mercy, my prayers were answered. The diagnosis of leukemia was removed from my health records. I am cancer free.

amen Trix, live healthy and holy. see you on the other side very soon.

blessings people, you know the Day............8

Which isn't much, if anything at all.

It's all we have. That and my faith that my personal testimony proves that miracles happen.

is that a 'lazy attempt to explain something typically fortuitous that is not readily or easily known or understood'. ???

or maybe 'simply emotionally appealing' ???

amen Trix, live healthy and holy. see you on the other side very soon.

blessings people, you know the Day............8

I pray to be here a lot longer because I have a trip to Europe planned this summer. ;)

It's all we have. That and my faith that my personal testimony proves that miracles happen.
That's nice. As I said, testimony is subjective and anecdotal. It certainly proves nothing. There's a reason why science doesn't use it for "proof."

That's nice. As I said, testimony is subjective and anecdotal. It certainly proves nothing. There's a reason why science doesn't use it for "proof."

And as I've mentioned to you many times before, you're free to believe whatever you want.

Have a nice afternoon! See ya.

And as I've mentioned to you many times before, you're free to believe whatever you want.

As I have mentioned many times, belief does not equal fact. That's 1 reason why I prefer to not go by belief.

have fun.

Gordy still wants proof that God exists with no 'emotional appeals'.

thank you

Back
Top Bottom