• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The human body can heal itself.

Can the body heal itself?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sometimes, yes, sometimes no.

For example, an abrasion on the cornea of the eye can hurt a lot, but can usually heal very quickly- often in a matter of hours or days, depending on the size of the abrasion. But if something like a nail penetrates all the way through the wall of the eye and into the vitreous cavity, chances of spontaneous healing is very small. It will require surgical repair to have any hope of healing. And even with meticulous microsurgical repair, the prognosis for keeping the vision in the eye can be very guarded.

It definitely heals itself, even if not all the time for everything.

I'm sure at some point we will figure out how to edit the DNA and make the body much better at healing itself than it already is.

Maybe sooner than we think if AI is for real.

I said yes, but not completely...only Jehovah, through His Son, Jesus Christ, can do that...

Seems your version of Jehovah and His Son is pretty skimpy on doing so, even for His True Believers, His True Followers...they still die like flies from many injuries and accidents.

Seems your version of Jehovah and His Son is pretty skimpy on doing so, even for His True Believers, His True Followers...they still die like flies from many injuries and accidents.
In the New World...
⬇️

OF course, the body can heal itself. Sometimes. That's why we have lymph nodes and white blood cells, and other good stuff built in.

Our bodies can't heal serious trauma; gun shot wounds, stabbings, cancer, diabetes, and so many other ailments on and on and on their own.

So the answer is a yes, with major limits.

I'm thinking of a possible argument for design, but I'll wait to see how civil this discussion can be.
What is the point of this ridiculous question? Why is it in beliefs?

Not only can the body heal itself but it gets completely remade every decade. The average lifespan of a human cell is only 7-10 years.

Sometimes, yes, sometimes no.

For example, an abrasion on the cornea of the eye can hurt a lot, but can usually heal very quickly- often in a matter of hours or days, depending on the size of the abrasion. But if something like a nail penetrates all the way through the wall of the eye and into the vitreous cavity, chances of spontaneous healing is very small. It will require surgical repair to have any hope of healing. And even with meticulous microsurgical repair, the prognosis for keeping the vision in the eye can be very guarded.
Even with intervention (repair) surgeons can't heal. They can only set it up for the body to heal itself. I think we agree on this.

I said yes, but not completely...only Jehovah, through His Son, Jesus Christ, can do that...
Jehovah set up the human body to heal itself. This suggests that God knew that we would need it. Which further suggests that God knew man would succumb to sickness and/or injury. He planned for it.

Even with intervention (repair) surgeons can't heal. They can only set it up for the body to heal itself. I think we agree on this.

What exactly is your point?

Like if you have a ankle fracture and you use nails to repair it… how does this gel with an argument about design?

Like as long as the fracture isn’t open it could “heal” but the bones will fuse wrong and that person will never walk quite right again.

What does any of this have to do with anything?

Jehovah set up the human body to heal itself. This suggests that God knew that we would need it. Which further suggests that God knew man would succumb to sickness and/or injury. He planned for it.
I think when Adam and Eve were perfect, so were their immune systems...remember Paul said Adam brought sin/death into the world and humans were no longer perfect...

I think when Adam and Eve were perfect, so were their immune systems...remember Paul said Adam brought sin/death into the world and humans were no longer perfect...
I don't disagree with this, but I add to it that God knew that man would need the body to heal itself. Thus He designed it with this in "mind".

Like if you have a ankle fracture and you use nails to repair it… how does this gel with an argument about design?

Like as long as the fracture isn’t open it could “heal” but the bones will fuse wrong and that person will never walk quite right again.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

OF course, the body can heal itself. Sometimes. That's why we have lymph nodes and white blood cells, and other good stuff built in.

Our bodies can't heal serious trauma; gun shot wounds, stabbings, cancer, diabetes, and so many other ailments on and on and on their own.

So the answer is a yes, with major limits.
Many trauma injuries have been healed without a lot of intervention. Even a bandaid can be a form of intervention.

give him a chance.

i think he is building on to a thread concerning Divine Healing; something we can use today.

i just attended a healing and a seminar last nite on this subject. God is still in the healing business, body soul and spirit.

everything.

christians need to look to God for healing our everything. without God we are all toast.

blessings 2 weeks to go.

Many trauma injuries have been healed without a lot of intervention. Even a bandaid can be a form of intervention.

“Trauma injuries” don’t really cover a small cut or scrape does it?

What point are you really getting at here?

Sorry does running away from questions gel with your idea of “civil discussion”?

he does that a lot, saves a lot of forum fighting.

be nice and he be nice to you is how it works.

Back
Top Bottom