• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The #BoycottDeNiro movement is spreading online

Just a tweak - when someone disgraces himself or herself their photo usually becomes rubbish. You don't want it on your wall. You don't want to give it to someone else because it will still be on someone's wall (which you also don't want), so you have to bust it and bin it as you would a Saddam Hussein statue.

Who has a photo of DeNiro on their wall besides this sad-sack mother****er who looks like he is a wannabe Tony Soprano anyway?

If you are an adult who has a pinup of a movie star or a rock star on your wall, you should probably move outta your mom's basement.

And call up someone to hold your phone for you so you can video it, and come up with some dramatic monologue so you can share it with the world.

Yep, totally normal behavior.

Yeah the douche got what he wanted. Another internet star with 15 minutes of fame. Day after tomorrow, nobody will know who he is, and he'll be grabbing that pic of DeNiro and taping it back up with Scotch tape.

Heh – ‘Last Vegas’ – a bunch of old men boozing, gambling, screwing around, getting hung over, fighting, drinking, gambling pension funds, partying with transvestites, gawking at bikini girls, strippers, and more boozing. Perfect for that old sleazebag De Niro. ‘The Intern’ – Meh – written, directed and produced by a woman, it is about as interesting as a woman’s magazine. A company run by a woman, a woman barking orders, etc. etc. Low score on Rotten Tomatoes, bit of a flop, started okay but then went nowhere and had no real ending. De Niro probably took the project on to be close to all the women.

Bet you are a blast at parties.

These people would be called snowflakes. The idea you can't watch something that has people in it that disagree with you is hilarious. That means the first 40 years of my life I could watch Eastwood and Tool Time and thats about it. Somehow I was able to watch without breaking down into crying fits like the Repubs now.

Do you typically donate to causes that actively try to dismantle things you believe in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Meh.

Much like I don't eat my chicken based on the charitable donations of the business, I don't watch my movies based on the political views of the actors.

If he's in a movie that looks interesting to me, I'm going to watch it. Can't think of the last thing I watched with him in it though....sadly it may actually be Meet the Fockers...
Then you should not complain about Hollywood activism

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Yeah the douche got what he wanted. Another internet star with 15 minutes of fame. Day after tomorrow, nobody will know who he is, and he'll be grabbing that pic of DeNiro and taping it back up with Scotch tape.

Unless he made the exact same video, but was taking a print of De Niro and putting it up on his wall as a tribute to his anti-Trump rants. Then you'd be praising the guy for a job well done. Predictable heckling - boring.

Unless he made the exact same video, but was taking a print of De Niro and putting it up on his wall as a tribute to his anti-Trump rants. Then you'd be praising the guy for a job well done. Predictable heckling - boring.

You don't know me, there, sunshine, so how about you stop saying what I would or would not do.

If a 70 year old man had a picture up of DeNiro in a prominent place in his home (i.e., not a man cave or movie room), then he has more problems than being a Trump cultist.

De Niro is entitled to his opinion, just like Clint Eastwood is. Its a free country.

Out of line? Ha hah haa…

I suppose you think Stephen Paddock was out of line for shooting those fifty eight people in Las Vegas…

Slight difference between insulting the prez and mass murder.

You don't know me, there, sunshine,

On the contrary, I've been battling the Left on various forums since 1996. Their arguments are always the same.

If a 70 year old man had a picture up of DeNiro in a prominent place in his home (i.e., not a man cave or movie room), then he has more problems than being a Trump cultist.

Not if his wife chose it when decorating their home. They often do. Many men today are under their wives' thumbs for some reason. I don't know how they stand it, but sure, I can see him having a De Niro poster for that reason. His Trouble and Strife said so.

Slight difference between insulting the prez and mass murder.

Not in terms of the words 'out of line'. You use them for minor misdemeanors, not major FUBAR events. De Niro's Tony Awards scandal was out of line times a billion. "Insulting the prez" is what a girl scout does when she says, "Trump is stupid," to her cat.

Not in terms of the words 'out of line'. You use them for minor misdemeanors, not major FUBAR events. De Niro's Tony Awards scandal was out of line times a billion. "Insulting the prez" is what a girl scout does when she says, "Trump is stupid," to her cat.

And where does that place the mass murderer? Insulting the president is small potatoes compared to the Vegas guy, wouldn't you admit? It's indeed as you suggest a misdemeanor, however wrong the language.

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/trump-boycott-robert-deniro/

I didn't stop watching Clint Eastwood movies because he bashed Obama. I stop thinking Nick Mangold was a great Jet just because he spoke at a Trump rally.

What's wrong with Trump cult members? A few NFL players kneel during the anthem (who watches the anthem on TV?) and they can't watch football anymore. I thought liberals were supposed to be the snowflakes.

It shows how intolerant the right really is.

I boycotted deniro because he is not a good actor. No matter what role he plays he's the same role. He's like a NY version of John Travolta.

Bland unoriginal and once you have seen him in one movie, you don't really need to see any others he's just doing the same thing.

Al Paccino on the other hand, he can go from a Puerto Rican coke man to (sigh the most over played trope in all of the industry) Italian mafia. That piece of crap movie where he was screaming for 2 hours to a fantastic devil.

I think the only reason anybody knows who deniro is, is because he has been in movies with Paccino.

These people would be called snowflakes. The idea you can't watch something that has people in it that disagree with you is hilarious. That means the first 40 years of my life I could watch Eastwood and Tool Time and thats about it. Somehow I was able to watch without breaking down into crying fits like the Repubs now.

I know, right! Just like not going to Starbucks or eating at Chik Fil A. Silly.

Find the quote by Eastwood that compares with the mindless cursing of Neanderthal Lefty, De Niro. Then we'll see who the blind partisan is.

His mindless rant before the GOP convention berating an empty chair was an embarrassment of epic scale and something which would've destroyed the career of a lesser man.

If you cannot concede that both men are great actors in their own right who have a right to express themselves even if others do not like it - YES - you are a blind partisan for only picking out De Niro.

No, that's called human nature.

I used to like seeing Tom Cruise movies until he jumped up and down like an idiot on Oprah's couch. I never watched another of his movies. Not because I'm a snowflake, but because when I see Cruise's name on the billing, I remember the Oprah episode, which ruins the movie for me.

The same this will happen to De Niro.

Just human nature.

No, that's called human nature.

I used to like seeing Tom Cruise movies until he jumped up and down like an idiot on Oprah's couch. I never watched another of his movies. Not because I'm a snowflake, but because when I see Cruise's name on the billing, I remember the Oprah episode, which ruins the movie for me.

The same this will happen to De Niro.

Just human nature.

Im not a Tom Cruise fan, but I am curious though, why were people so upset after he jumped up and down on Oprah's couch? I dont get it.

Im not a Tom Cruise fan, but I am curious though, why were people so upset after he jumped up and down on Oprah's couch?

When I saw the clip -- it just disgusted me. It was like an out-of-control three-year-old, which was not in line with the image I previously had in my brain of Cruise being suave and a little on the rugged side. That's just the way it affected me -- perhaps others saw it as endearing.

Back
Top Bottom