• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The #BoycottDeNiro movement is spreading online

Breaking your own stuff to own the libs.

Just a tweak - when someone disgraces himself or herself their photo usually becomes rubbish. You don't want it on your wall. You don't want to give it to someone else because it will still be on someone's wall (which you also don't want), so you have to bust it and bin it as you would a Saddam Hussein statue.

I didn't say that. I'm talking about boycotting entertainers you disagree with politically. It's ridiculous. It means you're obsessively intolerant of people who disagree with your politics.

This seems to be the case with conservatives. They're intolerant people. Even gay marriage. Why cares if gays get married? The NFL controvery--who cares if a few players knee? They're incredibly intolerant.

Do you guys want a safe space where everyone agrees with you?

It's only ridiculous if you're the intolerant boycott cop. :lol:

Most people will stop watching DeNiro not for the boycott but because the sight of him even in a movie will bring memories of that nasty little rant. Thanks to Leftist ideology a lot of entrainment had been ruined.

These people would be called snowflakes. The idea you can't watch something that has people in it that disagree with you is hilarious. That means the first 40 years of my life I could watch Eastwood and Tool Time and thats about it. Somehow I was able to watch without breaking down into crying fits like the Repubs now.

Just a tweak - when someone disgraces himself or herself their photo usually becomes rubbish. You don't want it on your wall. You don't want to give it to someone else because it will still be on someone's wall (which you also don't want), so you have to bust it and bin it as you would a Saddam Hussein statue.

And call up someone to hold your phone for you so you can video it, and come up with some dramatic monologue so you can share it with the world.

Yep, totally normal behavior.

Meh.

Much like I don't eat my chicken based on the charitable donations of the business, I don't watch my movies based on the political views of the actors.

If he's in a movie that looks interesting to me, I'm going to watch it. Can't think of the last thing I watched with him in it though....sadly it may actually be Meet the Fockers...

These people would be called snowflakes. The idea you can't watch something that has people in it that disagree with you is hilarious. That means the first 40 years of my life I could watch Eastwood and Tool Time and thats about it. Somehow I was able to watch without breaking down into crying fits like the Repubs now.

That's what they teach in Neanderthal classes now (see any college). If you don't like someone curse, swear, rant, wave placards, cry, sob, punch, scratch, scream, chant, censor and demonstrate. Never use reason in a civilized fashion.

Meh.

Much like I don't eat my chicken based on the charitable donations of the business, I don't watch my movies based on the political views of the actors.

If he's in a movie that looks interesting to me, I'm going to watch it. Can't think of the last thing I watched with him in it though....sadly it may actually be Meet the Fockers...

Last Vegas it had its moments of charm. The Intern, now that was an enjoyable movie.

Hey, it's your pity party. I'm just going to stand back and laugh at you fellas.

You're doing more than that - you're publishing your heckling online for the world to see - the very thing you say is abnormal behavior. :D

Last Vegas it had its moments of charm. The Intern, now that was an enjoyable movie.

Heh – ‘Last Vegas’ – a bunch of old men boozing, gambling, screwing around, getting hung over, fighting, drinking, gambling pension funds, partying with transvestites, gawking at bikini girls, strippers, and more boozing. Perfect for that old sleazebag De Niro. ‘The Intern’ – Meh – written, directed and produced by a woman, it is about as interesting as a woman’s magazine. A company run by a woman, a woman barking orders, etc. etc. Low score on Rotten Tomatoes, bit of a flop, started okay but then went nowhere and had no real ending. De Niro probably took the project on to be close to all the women.

Robert De Niro was way out of line.

Leftwingers don't have to deal with this kind of thing as much as rightwingers do since most of the entertainers who get loudly political are leftwingers also. So their outbursts are less likely to be jarring to leftwingers.

But of course this poor sad man in the video is getting mad at someone for being an asshole to Trump .... after Trump built his political career on being an asshole to Obama. That bit of recent history seems to be lost on many Trump supporters judging by the memes they circulate on facebook about how abused poor Trump is and how no one treated Obama that way.

De Niro was out of line. There are other things he could have said, such as a shout out to refugee kids separated from their families. This contributed nothing. But boycott? Don't ask me to boycott John Wayne movies cause Duke was to the right of Mussolini.

So let's see how it works in your world.
Before De Niro’s F-bomb came ‘punk,’ ‘dog,’ ‘pig’ and other choice words for Trump.
De Niro shows intolerance by personally attacking the POTUS by tossing an F-bomb, and you blame the right for their intolerance?
I don't think intolerance means what you think it does.

Oh the horrors that Trump supporters choose to boycott an INTOLERANT hater.

:lamo

Why do you care if De Niro hates Trump? Is Trump your dad?

It's fine to get upset about the president and the direction he's taking the country. You can hate Obama. You can hate Hillary. That's not intolerance. But not watching movies or the NFL just because the actors or players disagree with you is intolerance. It's ridiculous.

We can protest, boycott, call out or curse our lawmakers, governors or president. We're protected by our Constitution.We don't throw them in a pit to be eaten by dogs or execute them by firing mortars at them. Ain't America great?

We can protest, boycott, call out or curse our lawmakers, governors or president. We're protected by our Constitution.We don't throw them in a pit to be eaten by dogs or execute them by firing mortars at them. Ain't America great?

Try giving a talk on campus if you're an invited conservative.

This thread ties in nicely with a piece I just read about how IQ's have gone down for many decades now, the geniuses have proof.

We did indeed used to be better.

SAD

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/trump-boycott-robert-deniro/

I didn't stop watching Clint Eastwood movies because he bashed Obama. I stop thinking Nick Mangold was a great Jet just because he spoke at a Trump rally.

What's wrong with Trump cult members? A few NFL players kneel during the anthem (who watches the anthem on TV?) and they can't watch football anymore. I thought liberals were supposed to be the snowflakes.

It shows how intolerant the right really is.

It's amazing that they still actually care about this. This was like 50 scandals ago.

His Mueller on SNL is kick*ss.

Back
Top Bottom