• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The #BoycottDeNiro movement is spreading online

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Some of President Donald Trump‘s most vocal supporters online are promising to boycott actor Robert De Niro after he disparaged the president during the Tony Awards earlier this week.

De Niro, who said “**** Trump” while on stage at the Tony Awards on Sunday night, seemed to catch the attention of the president.

On Tuesday evening Trump fired back, calling De Niro a “very low IQ individual” and said the actor was “punch-drunk.” He also gave the renowned actor a new nickname: “Punchy.”

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/trump-boycott-robert-deniro/

I didn't stop watching Clint Eastwood movies because he bashed Obama. I stop thinking Nick Mangold was a great Jet just because he spoke at a Trump rally.

What's wrong with Trump cult members? A few NFL players kneel during the anthem (who watches the anthem on TV?) and they can't watch football anymore. I thought liberals were supposed to be the snowflakes.

It shows how intolerant the right really is.

I've boycotted the last few DeNiro movies, but that's because they sucked

How can anyone give up all these great scenes?

Robert De Niro was way out of line.

Leftwingers don't have to deal with this kind of thing as much as rightwingers do since most of the entertainers who get loudly political are leftwingers also. So their outbursts are less likely to be jarring to leftwingers.

But of course this poor sad man in the video is getting mad at someone for being an asshole to Trump .... after Trump built his political career on being an asshole to Obama. That bit of recent history seems to be lost on many Trump supporters judging by the memes they circulate on facebook about how abused poor Trump is and how no one treated Obama that way.

I didn't stop watching Clint Eastwood movies because he bashed Obama. I stop thinking Nick Mangold was a great Jet just because he spoke at a Trump rally.

What's wrong with Trump cult members? A few NFL players kneel during the anthem (who watches the anthem on TV?) and they can't watch football anymore. I thought liberals were supposed to be the snowflakes.

Is there a more thin skinned group than Trump and his low IQ followers

So boycotts are actually intolerance?

De Niro needs to have an "accident"on his gym equipment like Harry Reid did

Leftwingers don't have to deal with this kind of thing as much as rightwingers do since most of the entertainers who get loudly political are leftwingers also. So their outbursts are less likely to be jarring to leftwingers.

But of course this poor sad man in the video is getting mad at someone for being an asshole to Trump .... after Trump built his political career on being an asshole to Obama. That bit of recent history seems to be lost on many Trump supporters judging by the memes they circulate on facebook about how abused poor Trump is and how no one treated Obama that way.

And Trump was out of line with Trudeau. He called him "weak and dishonest."

I don't agree with cursing publically and I thought the statement De Niro made was inappropriate. But it kind of reminds me of this honest moment in Game of Thrones

De Niro needs to have an "accident"on his gym equipment like Harry Reid did

Maybe I’m taking you too seriously but no he doesn’t. DeNiro can say whatever he wants, and people can react to it however, but there’s no reason to wish either physical harm.

I didn't say that. I'm talking about boycotting entertainers you disagree with politically. It's ridiculous. It means you're obsessively intolerant of people who disagree with your politics.

This seems to be the case with conservatives. They're intolerant people. Even gay marriage. Why cares if gays get married? The NFL controvery--who cares if a few players knee? They're incredibly intolerant.

Do you guys want a safe space where everyone agrees with you?

Those who dare to question His Trumpiness will not be tolerated!

Pacino - Twice as good and just as Italian.

Good one. I haven't any pics of De Niro - if I did they'd be in the bin too. What a moron, to throw away half his fans. Oh, and you can't compare anything Clint Eastwood said about Obama with this. Chalk and cheese.

Be honest, do you have an altar to Trump in your home?

I have long loved DeNiro as an actor and greatly appreciate his films.

I would say the same thing for Eastwood who is a true American treasure and should be celebrated.

An actor has a right to be a loud mouthed citizen just like anyone else and at my age I do not look to them to tell me how to think or vote.

Personally I think a real boycott on Hollywood by conservatives is overdue.

They are actively trying to prevent conservatives from having a seat in politics. One might use the word collusion to describe their relationship with the dnc.

My personal advice to conservatives is to start looking at the people involved and start turning off the shows they act in, white for, produce. Stop by products that sponsor them. Quietly starve them out. No need to yell and scream like they do. Let wonder why the money stream they once enjoyed has slowed down. No need to explain it to them either. Let them live in their own ingnorance.

Same can be said about these liberal universities. Don't send your children to them. Find apolitical schools.

It's a fools errand to argue with people as close minded as the left. Leave them be in their own little bubble and let them figure out to sustain without your money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

I have long loved DeNiro as an actor and greatly appreciate his films.

I would say the same thing for Eastwood who is a true American treasure and should be celebrated.

An actor has a right to be a loud mouthed citizen just like anyone else and at my age I do not look to them to tell me how to think or vote.

Between Eastwood and De Niro there's only one loudmouth.

So let's see how it works in your world.
Before De Niro’s F-bomb came ‘punk,’ ‘dog,’ ‘pig’ and other choice words for Trump.
De Niro shows intolerance by personally attacking the POTUS by tossing an F-bomb, and you blame the right for their intolerance?
I don't think intolerance means what you think it does.

Oh the horrors that Trump supporters choose to boycott an INTOLERANT hater.

:lamo

Last edited:

Excellent pointed question, to which, I doubt, that you get a response to whom you were posing the question to.

De Niro has every right to shoot his foul mouth off and say stupid things that some people will disagree with, just as those that disagree with those things are allowed to make decisions for themselves on what to do and what not to do, what to spend their money on, and what not to spend their money on.

In reality, I think that De Niro was just playing to the crowd, his crowd, his echo chamber and hive mind, where TDS reigns over most anything else. The more the celebrity-left continues with this, the more they are alienating the rest of the nation and demonstrating they are clueless and out of touch.
:shrug:
Self-inflicted damage. What is the trend of box office receipts these last few years? Significantly down, from what I've heard, although I don't give a rats ass enough to care to look it up.

Oh well, maybe if it gets bad enough they'll figure out it'd have been better to "Shut Up and Sing". But then again, they don't seem to be particularly bright so maybe not.

In the end, those Celbutards from Hollyweird are going to do what they are going to do, reguardless of what anyone posts on any social media or discussion forum.

Most people will stop watching DeNiro not for the boycott but because the sight of him even in a movie will bring memories of that nasty little rant. Thanks to Leftist ideology a lot of entrainment had been ruined.

Breaking your own stuff to own the libs.

It is so typical that everyone gets upset. But as in hockey I think this is classified at Diving or Embellishment. After years of hearing the foul language out of Ted Nugent about female democrats it is hard to take everyone's uproar over DeNiro seriously.

Was it inappropriate, yes. But there is one common ground with DeNiro, Nugent, and Trump. They are all Hollywood Celebs where this type of talk is par for the course. You can try to dismiss it has locker room or whatever but this is what happen when we let Hollywood get involved in politics.

Back
Top Bottom