• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shooting survivor's father admits email changes in CNN spat

He claims it was an accident and that there was nothing malicious behind it? Why doesn't he get the same benefit of the doubt CNN does?

Because it is OK for CNN to lie by omission. They like that brand of Kool-Aid

CNN has lied, why do they get the benefit of the doubt?

Numerous times. yet they are held to a different standard?

Who said they did?

Why are you deflecting? The guy lied. He admitted it. There is no "doubt".

CNN has lied, why do they get the benefit of the doubt?

Numerous times. yet they are held to a different standard?

CNN didn't lie. Haab did. And you believed Haab in spite of multiple warning signs that he was lying from the start.

Half of them still think Trump is "draining the swamp," so not surprising they keep moving the goalposts.

He's filling the swamp with even worse swamp creatures than we had before.

Who said they did?

Why are you deflecting? The guy lied. He admitted it. There is no "doubt".

He said it was unintentional, so are you now lying?

CNN has a proven track record of dishonesty and lying. ARe you saying CNN does not lie?

CNN didn't lie. Haab did. And you believed Haab in spite of multiple warning signs that he was lying from the start.

No I didn't I clearly stated my not trusting of CNN was in no way saying I trusted Haab. I couldn't have been more clear about that.

CNN has a history of lying, I was simply stating I do no take CNN's word for things like this.

CNN has a proven track record of dishonesty and lying. ARe you saying CNN does not lie?

How does one "unintentionally" remove a few key words that complete change the context then run onto fox news to back up that lie and THEN claim it was all an accident?

How do you "unintentionally" omit things from emails?

One more time, this not about CNN, this is about Haab. Stay on topic. I know it's hard for you.

How does one "unintentionally" remove a few key words that complete change the context then run onto fox news to back up that lie and THEN claim it was all an accident?

Yeah, just a "coincidence"? Right, sure...

No I didn't I clearly stated my not trusting of CNN was in no way saying I trusted Haab. I couldn't have been more clear about that.

CNN has a history of lying, I was simply stating I do no take CNN's word for things like this.

Just curious, who's word do you take? Fox News? Breitbart? WND? Alex Jones?

You can have the opinion he is lying, one that I would now share. But that does not change my position.

Just curious, who's word do you take? Fox News? Breitbart? WND? Alex Jones?

None of those. sorry, not sorry.

I find all of them lie. in this case the topic is in regards to CNN who has been caught in numerous lies and doctoring of videos.

Yeah, but how does one unintentionally omit certain words throughout an email? One can unintentionally cut a paragraph or omit a last sentence or two, but to omit words here and there? That's seems pretty intentional.

For example, if the words in red didn't make it would the omissions really be unintentional? I'm assuming that this is what his admitted omissions entailed.

Yeah, but how does one unintentionally omit certain words throughout an email? One can unintentionally cut a paragraph or omit a last sentence or two, but to omit words here and there? That's seems pretty intentional.

For example, if the words in red didn't make it would the omissions really be unintentional? I'm assuming that this is what his admitted omissions entailed.

Oh I think he's lying. I was simply making a point. the person I was quoting claimed he admitted to lying. he did not.

Shooting survivor's father admits email changes in CNN spat

Right.

I suppose Haab had something of a crisis of conscience. Perhaps he blinked, realizing his actions would result in him raising a liar. But a lie flies around the world before the truth puts its pants on, and his lie accomplished the goal of injecting enough noise into the discussion to confuse people into assuming that there was so much dishonesty surrounding the issue that it wasn't worth paying attention to.

While his admission is a small step toward contrition, it doesn't yet go anywhere near enough. He now needs to acknowledge that his act was very much deliberate, and to apologize to the nation for his dishonesty that resulted in muddying an important issue.

Updated Right Wing Media admits to their lies: https://www.debatepolitics.com/bias...backs-off-cnn-scripted-questions-scandal.html

CNN lying is not the topic of this thread.

However, since you are so desperate to deflect, here you go:

CNN's file: | PunditFact

I don't know why that even matters in this case.

Lol.... so things are true, or they are not true, and therefor a lie. CNN by your link is 16% of the time "truthful"

I find that abysmal.

When we have true balance in the media, and not the liberal bias we have now.

Ah, so Fox News, Breitbart, WND, and Alex Jones can tell you as many lies as they want and you're fine with it, because there's no "balance" in the media according to you?

Don't you really mean that you simply want to be told what you want to hear?

Lol.... so things are true, or they are not true, and therefor a lie. CNN by your link is 16% of the time "truthful"

I find that abysmal.

And you ignored the rest of the article. That's fine. I expect that from you. Man, you're good at deflecting. Anything to make the topic abut something else.

Compare CNN to Fox just for fun. Do you also find that abysmal?

FOX's file: | PunditFact

30% false for Fox News vs 14% for CNN.

Last edited:

You miss my point, that poster said he "admitted to lying", that was untrue.

I agree, I think he's full of it.

Back
Top Bottom