• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shooting survivor's father admits email changes in CNN spat

Well sure...

Here's you playing down Hobb's lie as a "well everyone lies" deflection.
lol I wasn't defending it though. There is a big difference in what you're claiming and what I was saying.
Here's you fabricating as if you know the exact context of Hope Hicks' lies to play it down...
Nope. They had to narrow the scope of the questions. In such general questions, It would have been a lie to say she never lied at all.

And here's you deflecting away from Loesch's lie by telling people to look elsewhere.
lol again, that's not the same thing. To defend a lie, I would have to say there is some justification for it. I did not offer a justification. So it's not a defense.

It's like you are boning up your resume to apply for White House Press Secretary or something.
I wouldn't mind the paycheck.

You're defending Haab's lie by watering it down with the "everybody's doing it" argument. Except everybody didn't lie. Just Haab.

lol that's not what a defense is though, and no, you're mischaracterizing everything lol

lol I wasn't defending it though. There is a big difference in what you're claiming and what I was saying.

Nope. They had to narrow the scope of the questions. In such general questions, It would have been a lie to say she never lied at all.

lol again, that's not the same thing. To defend a lie, I would have to say there is some justification for it. I did not offer a justification. So it's not a defense.

I wouldn't mind the paycheck.

Deflection is a form of defense. You are defending these lie and liars.

That's not a position, that's a fact. In a world where people are awarded with attention, people are going to lie. I reiterate, it's up to media to do their jobs. And for individuals, who otherwise disagree, to form their own opinions.

There is neither a case for libel or anything against Haab in a court of law. So your position is merely an opinion. He could be telling the truth. It just doesn't appear to be so, because he changed the emails before sending them.

Are you serious? By changing the emails, he already falsified them.

lol that's not what a defense is though, and no, you're mischaracterizing everything lol

Yes, that is a defense, and it's exactly what you're doing. Unable to defend the lie, you're creating an additional lie by claiming everybody's doing it. Except everybody's not doing it. Just Haab. And now you.

Yes, that is a defense, and it's exactly what you're doing. Unable to defend the lie, you're creating an additional lie by claiming everybody's doing it. Except everybody's not doing it. Just Haab. And now you.

That's the right for you. And they managed to get the King of Lies elected.

And they did indeed. Was there somebody for whom that was not a lie?

So, again, who exactly, was deceived? You have to quantify that, if you want to prove that indeed, a nation was deceived. Otherwise, you might as well say "old man yells at cloud".

Well, if the mischaracterization is this gem:

That's the right for you.
Then absolutely, I will defend the right, from your mischaracterizations.

So, again, who exactly, was deceived? You have to quantify that, if you want to prove that indeed, a nation was deceived. Otherwise, you might as well say "old man yells at cloud".

I don't have to quantify that. It's sufficient to point out that he lied to the nation, and all of your attempts to deflect from that are pathetic.

The right has no honor, they don't care about what is true or a lie. All they care about is power. Look who they elected president.

You know better than that leekohler2, look who the left voted for.

Are you serious? By changing the emails, he already falsified them.

No reason to be dense. Pending on the specific changes to the emails, it is not known if they affect his story.

I don't have to quantify that. It's sufficient to point out that he lied to the nation, and all of your attempts to deflect from that are pathetic.
lol oh, so you changed your argument. Not that he decieved the nation, only that he lied to it. Well, tell me, he's still maintaining that his story was true. Only that the emails were changed. So how do you know he lied?

Defending them from your mischaracterizations, yes.

No one mischaracterized over here. You are deflecting in the service of obvious liars.

No reason to be dense. Pending on the specific changes to the emails, it is not known if they affect his story.

You just keep telling yourself that. Talk about dense.

Drudge and Trump both spread these lies.

When will you be going after CNN for their lies. They've lied for years, I don't remember you being around to criticize. If you don't believe they've lied, then you're just trolling Trump.

lol oh, so you changed your argument. Not that he decieved the nation, only that he lied to it. Well, tell me, he's still maintaining that his story was true. Only that the emails were changed. So how do you know he lied?

Oh, so "deception" and "lies" are now totally different? Do you get a "mulligan" for one and not the other?

When will you be going after CNN for their lies. They've lied for years, I don't remember you being around to criticize. If you don't believe they've lied, then you're just trolling Trump.

When will you be going after Fox News, Breitbart, WND?

CNN lying is not the topic of this conversation. It's about accountability and who spread the lies about the email changes.

CNN lying is not the topic of this conversation. It's about accountability and who spread the lies about the email changes.

They can't stay on topic. They can't admit when their side made a mistake.

That's false. There is plenty on the left that want to confiscate guns.

This is the entire point of my post. There are plenty on the Right who want Noah to be a Founding Father in history books. But what some want doesn't really mean anything does it?

But this weapon's issue? The more we play this game of exaggerating the notion of confiscation as an excuse to hunker down and be apathetic, the bigger the anti-gun crowd grows. It is simple: last year companies were not distancing from the NRA and people were not sawing their ARs in half. What will happen after the next mass shooting? The next? The next?

One day, we may all look back and wish we had done something constructive instead of what we are doing. Self-fulfilling prophesy.

I'll settle for him delivering an apology live on national television on all major networks, in which he takes full responsibility for his very deliberate attempt to deceive the nation. He also needs to publicly take responsibility for the horrific example he set for his son who acted so bravely during the Parkland massacre.

It's not enough that he backhandedly corrected the record. He needs to own what he did. A full apology to CNN's employees is also obviously in order.

I disagree. Given his behavior is not anything worse than CNN itself has engaged in in the past, he should show contrition right up to the same level CNN does.

Shooting survivor's father admits email changes in CNN spat

Right.

I suppose Haab had something of a crisis of conscience. Perhaps he blinked, realizing his actions would result in him raising a liar. But a lie flies around the world before the truth puts its pants on, and his lie accomplished the goal of injecting enough noise into the discussion to confuse people into assuming that there was so much dishonesty surrounding the issue that it wasn't worth paying attention to.

While his admission is a small step toward contrition, it doesn't yet go anywhere near enough. He now needs to acknowledge that his act was very much deliberate, and to apologize to the nation for his dishonesty that resulted in muddying an important issue.

He claims it was an accident and that there was nothing malicious behind it? Why doesn't he get the same benefit of the doubt CNN does?

He claims it was an accident and that there was nothing malicious behind it? Why doesn't he get the same benefit of the doubt CNN does?

He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. He lied.

Back
Top Bottom