• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Serpent In Garden Of Eden : Satan?

The Serpent in Garden of Eden was/is

• Not Satan : I’m a Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God : I’m a Christian

• God : I’m not a Christian

• Total voters
It's amazing how an anonymous poster can make someone's day. 🤣

So much for it being forbidden if it was that easy to attain.

By "forbidden knowledge," I am referring to Roger Shattuck's idea, i.e., there are cetain things that human beings shouldn't attain because they wouldn't be able to handle it.

Wrong! Revelation is written to those left behind after the Rapture.

Wrong! It was written for the audience who would read it at the time it was written. None of it was meant to be taken literally. It is all highly symbolic and refers to the culture and politics of the time, not some far off future event. It is now irrelevant to readers who read into it more than what is there. Each new generation mistakenly thinks it was written for their times and then they all die and the next generation does the same thing. Over and over and over and over again, ad infinitum. But it’s actual audience died over 2,000 years ago.

By "forbidden knowledge," I am referring to Roger Shattuck's idea, i.e., there are cetain things that human beings shouldn't attain because they wouldn't be able to handle it.

But according to the story they did attain it and handled it just fine, but it was god who couldn’t handle it and punished them for it.

I see the truth. You see what you want to see.

Spoken by every religious believer and referring to each individual’s version of the truth. It happens in this forum regularly, and no two believers agree on the truth. They all see what they want to see, and you are no exception.

Wrong! It was written for the audience who would read it at the time it was written. None of it was meant to be taken literally. It is all highly symbolic and refers to the culture and politics of the time, not some far off future event. It is now irrelevant to readers who read into it more than what is there. Each new generation mistakenly thinks it was written for their times and then they all die and the next generation does the same thing. Over and over and over and over again, ad infinitum. But it’s actual audience died over 2,000 years ago.
When's the last time you studied the book of Revelation? There's too much references to future events for it to be speaking of things in the past. The entire book hinges on a vision of future events regarding the end times.

Spoken by every religious believer and referring to each individual’s version of the truth. It happens in this forum regularly, and no two believers agree on the truth. They all see what they want to see, and you are no exception.
You see "truth" also, but it's only filtered through your paradigm where you come to a different conclusion.

But according to the story they did attain it and handled it just fine, but it was god who couldn’t handle it and punished them for it.

They covered themselves because they were ashamed. It implies that the consequence of knowledge is self-consciousness, which in turn has unintended consequences given free will and immortality. You can see this in light of the angel sent to guard the Tree of Life.

When's the last time you studied the book of Revelation? There's too much references to future events for it to be speaking of things in the past. The entire book hinges on a vision of future events regarding the end times.

Studying it doesn’t change who was the intended audience for it and what the symbolism represents. It was not at all about the future but a symbolic story about things that were happening at the time. None of the Bible was intended for any audience of the future and was not predictions of the future. It was all symbolic stories about things happening at the time the stories were written. It is not relevant to any future audience or time.

They covered themselves because they were ashamed. It implies that the consequence of knowledge is self-consciousness, which in turn has unintended consequences given free will and immortality. You can see this in light of the angel sent to guard the Tree of Life.

God had to punish them and that was the consequence. Self consciousness did not get them banned from Eden, god did.

You see "truth" also, but it's only filtered through your paradigm where you come to a different conclusion.

I have never claimed to know any truth at all. In fact, I have consistently said there is not such thing as The Truth. There are facts and knowledge, but no one truth. Truth is an overstatement used by too many who think they have attained some final answer to all our philosophical questions. The questions still remain.

Geee - where have I heard something like that before?
Oh yeah, here:

Let me correct you.

You see "your truth".

You do NOT see "the truth".

Your truth, is not the truth.

Geee - where have I heard something like that before?
Oh yeah, here:
I'm sorry I stepped on "your truth". Now prove your truth is true. Otherwise it's not "the truth".

What would be the purpose of reading fairy tales?

No angels. No Tree of Life. Myth. And myth.

You must be a gas at parties.

he's a gas here.

usually 'gas bag' but gas never the less.

he is also a blessing in ways you would never guess.

more april 8 all month long....

It must be exhausting living in fear and constant panic.

no i do this in my spare time.

but it prolly is for you? no?

move over dooomz clock, now we have the Climate Clock. this one gives us 7 years...

NYC-Climate-Clock.jpg

Back
Top Bottom