• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Respect for Men

I'll take that as a 'yes'- otherwise, why else would you outline an exception for men ?

Um, maybe because the disrespect of men in modern pop culture was the topic of the post?

:roll:

You're correct, naturally.

Oh ok, well I don't like how they have the bumbling father figures either, but I don't see a problem with the way the women treat them given the men's personalities in the show.

Um, maybe because the disrespect of men in modern pop culture was the topic of the post?

Are you claiming that women do not receive any disrespect in modern pop culture ?

Are you claiming that women do not receive any disrespect in modern pop culture ?

Is that the topic of the thread? No. Does a poster always have to clarify that they're not being exclusionary by mentioning that problem X is not unique to group Y? No.

Stop trying to pick a fight that has nothing to do with the topic.

Pretty freakin' obvious.

One thing I'm curious about here ----- why have only men "liked" the OP?

contrary to the OP's assertion
men who are idiots and/or act like children deserve the lack of respect deserving of idiots and adults who refuse to grow up
it is the Original Post's stupidity that deserves a massive dose of disrespect

contrary to the OP's assertion
men who are idiots and/or act like children deserve the lack of respect deserving of idiots and adults who refuse to grow up
it is the Original Post's stupidity that deserves a massive dose of disrespect

Your point is absurd. Ridiculing people doesn't cause them to change their behavior nor are they likely to pick up on any kind of intention on your part to get them to see the error of their ways with such an approach. What TV has been doing for decades now is attacking fathers and asserting that they are idiot man children, which isn't just targeting the idiotic man children that are fathers out there, but targeting all fathers.

Does a poster always have to clarify that they're not being exclusionary by mentioning that problem X is not unique to group Y? No.

Why, he probably thinks "Black Lives Matter" means ONLY black lives matter.

Your point is absurd. Ridiculing people doesn't cause them to change their behavior nor are they likely to pick up on any kind of intention on your part to get them to see the error of their ways with such an approach. What TV has been doing for decades now is attacking fathers and asserting that they are idiot man children, which isn't just targeting the idiotic man children that are fathers out there, but targeting all fathers.

your post is as idiotic as some of the described characters
those who deserve no respect
because of the way they act
the original post's presumption that man-children and other idiots deserve respect only because they are of the male gender is an absurd proposition
much like your own

One thing I'm curious about here ----- why have only men "liked" the OP?

Good question!

Maybe I'm wrong, but it certainly does seem to be the case that - for some folks around here - "respect" is a one way street.

Good question!

Maybe I'm wrong, but it certainly does seem to be the case that - for some folks around here - "respect" is a one way street.

For sure we see in America that according to too many people women get to decide on their own what proper respect for women in this society is, no input from men is allowed unless we say what we are told to say, what men who refuse to conform to expectations set by women think does not matter, because WOMEN RULE!

I would expect the microcosm of DP to conform.

Last edited:
There isn't? You have nothing to say about respect toward men?

I do not. One either respects other human beings or one does not. Period.

One can not respect another human being until they respect themselves. This has zero to do with gender, or capability.

When
there is a lack of respect due to another's gender or capabilities look for much deeper psychological issues.

Neither am I a fan of half hour comedy shows or most regular TV actually, it is meaningless dreck, so I do not waste my time watching them nor do I have a desire to comment upon their meaningless plots.

I'm going to guess that you wouldn't be content with a woman who constantly belittles you, thinks everything you do is stupid, tells her friends how idiotic you are, treats you like a child instead of an adult and thinks every decision you make is horrible..... just for regular blowjobs.

Maybe...........

Good question!

Boomarang.

your post is as idiotic as some of the described characters
those who deserve no respect
because of the way they act
the original post's presumption that man-children and other idiots deserve respect only because they are of the male gender is an absurd proposition
much like your own

Can you perhaps stop pressing enter right in the middle of your sentences? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom