• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Philadelphia's Top Prosecutor Is Prepared to Arrest Federal Agents

If they are snatching someone off the street, that is kidnapping....especially if they did not observe a crime by that person or have a warrant for said person. Kidnapping is a crime.

Unless, of course, President Nixon does it, or President Trump....;)

The Portland mayor was thrown out on his but by the protesters and ordered to resign.

Oh, look at you. So afraid of chaos and disorder. You really like everything neat and tidy, everything in its place, just like a real fascist, huh?

The mayor interacted with a large, chaotic, unruly crowd. He spoke with people at the crowd, he interacted with them directly and personally, and he used persuasion instead of force. That is what makes him a real leader, and Trump an imposter. And the crowd was not universally hostile, nor universally friendly, that's true. The mayor may not ever win over every protester, and that's okay. This is what it's like to live in a Democracy and it's beautiful.

um, if they are charged with a state crime, it very well may end well...Trump has no authority over state courts or state prosecutors...and he cannot pardon an agent for a state crime.

The feds have a right to enforce federal law and there are federal obstruction laws for which a state prosecutor can certainly be charged with should he or she get in the way.
If we wish things to get ugly, that is.

Oh, look at you. So afraid of chaos and disorder. You really like everything neat and tidy, everything in its place, just like a real fascist, huh?

The mayor interacted with a large, chaotic, unruly crowd. He spoke with people at the crowd, he interacted with them directly and personally, and he used persuasion instead of force. That is what makes him a real leader, and Trump an imposter. And the crowd was not universally hostile, nor universally friendly, that's true. The mayor may not ever win over every protester, and that's okay. This is what it's like to live in a Democracy and it's beautiful.

What with all the protests and riots going on, sounds like President Trump has been great for democracy...
Why do you want to dump him? Don't you believe in democracy?

I'm done talking Anthanasius68, you are such a Trump cultist you can no longer distinguish between what is the truth and what is a lie.

I'm done talking Anthanasius68, you are such a Trump cultist you can no longer distinguish between what is the truth and what is a lie.

It's unfortunate that you seek to place different legal standards on Trump campaign and Admin personnel then would have placed on other people.
It is a problem that does need to be called out.

Last edited:
The feds have a right to enforce federal law and there are federal obstruction laws for which a state prosecutor can certainly be charged with should he or she get in the way.

What federal law are they planning to enforce in Philadelphia?

exactly what federal law allows them to violate someone's civil rights by simply snatching them into an unidentified van, not identify themselves or read Miranda rights? I will be waiting for you to cite that Supreme Court ruling that allows that.

I would imagine laws regarding federal buildings and monuments.

I am not aware of them being under attack in Philadelphia, or Chicago. Many monuments are not federal property.

Its disconcerting to see federal troops attacking citizens based on what one imagines.

exactly what federal law allows them to violate someone's civil rights by simply snatching them into an unidentified van, not identify themselves or read Miranda rights? I will be waiting for you to cite that Supreme Court ruling that allows that.

You mean what laws allows law enforcement to arrest a person?

I am not aware of them being under attack in Philadelphia, or Chicago. Many monuments are not federal property.

Its disconcerting to see federal troops attacking citizens based on what one imagines.

They are going there to assist the police. A lot of state laws have federal counterparts.

Unless, of course, President Nixon does it, or President Trump....;)

Thoureau, I don't often agree with you on many subjects nor you with me...but I am glad you are showing yourself to be true to your libertarian ideals....it is disgusting that some of the others here are thinking it is okay to snatch people that are citizens off of the streets and not read them their rights or tell them they are under arrest....simply because those people aren't of the same political mindset...you can damn sure believe, I would be equally upset if they were doing this to Trump supporters, 2nd amendment protesters, anti abortion protestors or anyone else.

You mean what laws allows law enforcement to arrest a person?

In the link provided, it specifically says the crime has to be committed in the presence...and if a person is under arrest, wouldn't their rights have to be read to them???? In this instance....they snatched them off the street, didn't tell them they were under arrest, rights were not read...and when they lawyered up they were released.

They are going there to assist the police. A lot of state laws have federal counterparts.

Can you show that the local police asked or requested assistance? Last I checked...the mayor and governor said they weren't asked and are not welcome anywhere but on federal property.

In the link provided, it specifically says the crime has to be committed in the presence...and if a person is under arrest, wouldn't their rights have to be read to them???? In this instance....they snatched them off the street, didn't tell them they were under arrest, rights were not read...and when they lawyered up they were released.

I don't buy the stories at this point.
It feels like the hysteria we saw with regards to collusion.

Can you show that the local police asked or requested assistance? Last I checked...the mayor and governor said they weren't asked and are not welcome anywhere but on federal property.

Legally, it doesn't matter. Federal law enforcement is in all 50 states. Has been for years.

only on federal property and for actual violations of federal statutes...do you really think that an FBI agent can ticket you for speeding?

The speaker of the Ohio only committed his alleged crimes on federal property?
How about John Gotti?

video evidence is evidence...not stories. Or are you now saying those weren't federal agents snatching people off the street?

I am questioning the interpretation of those events.

The speaker of the Ohio only committed his alleged crimes on federal property?
How about John Gotti?

Both were charged for FEDERAL statute crimes...they didn't go after them for state violations....or can you prove that the feds took over a state matter and charged them with state crimes?

charged in a federal racketeering conspiracy involving approximately $60 million paid to a 501(c)(4) entity to pass and uphold a billion-dollar nuclear plant bailout.

Back
Top Bottom