• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obama to win...by a landslide???

He didn't pull all troops out on January 21st....He's big fat, pant's on fire, liar...Again and we wonder why the Republican Party nomination is a clown show? I think it makes perfect sense.

So was he lying and just saying that to get elected?

how quickly do you think he should have pulled out the troops?

how do you propose to remove 150,000 soldiers, the bases, the equipment, within one month?

Nice deflection. But I am going by what Obama himself said. Evidently he was under the assumption that we remove 150,000 soldiers, the bases, and the equipment ASAP. So who is anyone to argue?

Nice deflection. But I am going by what Obama himself said. Evidently he was under the assumption that we remove 150,000 soldiers, the bases, and the equipment ASAP. So who is anyone to argue?

did he say how long it would take him to do it?

at the end of 2008, the United States & Iraq signed a treaty to remove all American troops from Iraqi cities by 2009..and all troops by the end of 2011.

The USA and its new President, Barak Obama, was obliged to follow through with this treaty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.-Iraq_Status_of_Forces_Agreement#Ratification_by_Iraqi_Parliament

Last edited:
Actually it does. When Obama was in full campaign mode on Oct 27, 2007 he promised that the first thing he would do once elected is bring the troops home. He is brining them home 3 years after he was sworn in. In you little fantasy world I guess that means he's honoring his promise. I don't know about you, but many people voted for Obama based on what he said he was going to do once in office, and he let alot of people down. He's just another wall street funded greedy, facetious politician.

And he fulfilled that promise. It is only in your fantasy world that he is liar for not imediately withdrawing all troops upon taking the oath. Your notion is rediculous on it face and has no merit. Are people disappointed about what Obama may have not done...sure. That does not make him a liar and that definitely does not mean they will not vote for him again. You are deluding yourself if you think that is true. You can call him all the names you want but that does not make it true. If your big point against Obama is that he did not pull everyone out of Iraq on Jan 21st then just please stop now. The point is foolish and laughable.

Negative. But from what you can take from what he said, he would get started immediately, which he did not. Now he did honor George Bush's agreement with the Iraqi PM, but he mysteriuosly omitted that part from his promise. He should've said "the first thing I will do is drawdown US troop presecence, while still honoring our commitment to Iraq. But by the end of 2011 I will end this war! Me thinks if he said that, he wouldn't be in the White House now, which is exactly why he lied.

Negative. But from what you can take from what he said, he would get started immediately, which he did not. Now he did honor George Bush's agreement with the Iraqi PM, but he mysteriuosly omitted that part from his promise. He should've said "the first thing I will do is drawdown US troop presecence, while still honoring our commitment to Iraq. But by the end of 2011 I will end this war! Me thinks if he said that, he wouldn't be in the White House now, which is exactly why he lied.

so you think Obama should have violated the Status of Forces agreemant that the USA signed with Iraq?

And he fulfilled that promise. It is only in your fantasy world that he is liar for not imediately withdrawing all troops upon taking the oath.

I refer you to post #76. Did he end the war right when he took office. Yes or no? Did he say he would. Yes or No? Did he lie? Yes or why not?

Your notion is rediculous on it face and has no merit. Are people disappointed about what Obama may have not done...sure. That does not make him a liar and that definitely does not mean they will not vote for him again. You are deluding yourself if you think that is true. You can call him all the names you want but that does not make it true. If your big point against Obama is that he did not pull everyone out of Iraq on Jan 21st then just please stop now. The point is foolish and laughable.

Actually, I am glad that the troops are coming home. But it's the right thing for the wrong reasons. It's all for political expediency. Obama had 3 years to accomplish this. If you were an architect, and you told your boss that you'd complete a design and you promised to have it on his desk first thing in the morning, and you didn't finish the design until 3 years later, do you think you should still have a job?

so you want the POTUS to violate a signed agreement with another country?

Look, Obama had the intention of violating a signed agreement. He verbally said he would. Either he was damn ignorant, and didn't know we had an agreement, or he just lied to get elected? So which is it, is he a moron or a liar?

Look, Obama had the intention of violating a signed agreement. He verbally said he would....

how could he promise to violate an agreemant that did not yet exist yet?

friend, you're making no sense.

the Status of Forces Agreemant with Iraq was finalized in November of 2008.

at the end of 2008, the United States & Iraq signed a treaty to remove all American troops from Iraqi cities by 2009..and all troops by the end of 2011.

The USA and its new President, Barak Obama, was obliged to follow through with this treaty.

U.S.

Ok, so what he said on Oct 27, 2007 was a lie? The CIC has full authority to remove the troops. So what stopped him from doing it right away? Good thing I didn't "take it to the bank", because his check bounced and the bank went under.

You are of course wrong again. The President ordered a plan for orderly withdrawal to be done when he did take office. The withdrawal started in March of 2009 with the withdrawal of two combat Brigades marking the beginning of the end of the Iraq War.

US cuts troop numbers in Iraq by two brigades - Middle East - World - The Independent

Ok, so he lied about bringing the troops home ASAP.

In previous post I proved you wrong as he did immediatley form a plan to start bringing them home and starte withdrawal in March '09. I am beginning to wonder if you know what the term ASAP means. Do you? If you do then I suggest you look in the mirror to determine who is lieing.

how could he promise to violate an agreemant that did not yet exist yet?

friend, you're making no sense.

the Status of Forces Agreemant with Iraq was finalized in November of 2008.

Did you watch Obama's little promise I posted in post #76? Did he not say he would bring the troops home? You said he couldn't because he signed an agreement. Then I said that he verbally said he would break that agreement. I said that because you said:
so you want the POTUS to violate a signed agreement with another country?

So if Obama really intended to follow through on his little promise, why did he sign the agreement? Again, he had no reason to keep troops in Iraq. The President has carte blanche to bring them home. So, what say you?

I previous post I proved you wrong as he did immediatley form a plan to start bringing them home and starte withdrawal in March '09. I am beginning to wonder if you know what the term ASAP means. Do you? If you do then I suggest you look in the mirror to determine who is lieing.

Now you're stretching what he promised. Did he end the war and bring the troops home right away? No or yes? It's not that hard.

how could it have been a lie, if the Status of Forces agreemant with Iraq didn't come for another 13 months?

dude, this makes no sense.

Then he should'nt have said it. Bottom line. He fibbed in order to get elected.

Now you're stretching what he promised. Did he end the war and bring the troops home right away? No or yes? It's not that hard.

Uhh, I believe I already posted his official campaign promise above, and it was rated by Politifact as "Promise Kept".

Did you watch Obama's little promise I posted in post #76? Did he not say he would bring the troops home? You said he couldn't because he signed an agreement. Then I said that he verbally said he would break that agreement....

President Obama signed the Status of Forces Agreemant with Iraq????

:lamo

dude, in October of 2007, Obama promised to bring the troops home. 13 months later, the Bush administration signed a deal with the Iraqi parliament and the Iraqi PM to have all troops out of Iraqi cities within one year...and all troops out of the whole country by 12/31/2011.

Obama followed through with this signed agreemant. Do you think Obama should have violated this signed agreemant??

Then he should'nt have said it. Bottom line. He fibbed in order to get elected.

Again you must be completely ignorant of the meaning of ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom