• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obama to win...by a landslide???

Yeah, this means nothing. Move the dial back a month or even just a few weeks and this statement wouldn't be true for Carter.

Truman had a lower approval at the same period of his presidency. And then he went even lower. Can't remember what President Dewey's numbers were, though. :)

Not by you, I would prefer you put me on your ignore list.

Oh come on now. Someone who espouses bullcrap like "obama's a marxist" isn't looking to be ignored. It's a cry for attention.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Wrong, you can't move Obama past 1054 days, he has not served 1055 days yet. Thats tommorow. As of today he is at 43% and that is lower than Carter and Bush. Quit trying to spin your way out of this. Obama's numbers suck and you know it.

Look again Presidential Job Approval Center

I didn't say Obama's numbers don't suck. I'm saying your claims about his rating being the "lowest" at this point in a Presidency are largely meaningless.

Thankyou, his numbers are in the tank. He is going down like a flaming twink in a room full of hard dicks.

...that might be true, if only the opposition party would put up some opposition... but it looks that Obama will be running unopposed.

Well, he's actually at 45% today, but who's counting? Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

I think that was his point.

My point is that his GAR is lower than Bush or Carter at this point in their presidency. He is a failure as president. He should go back to being a community organizer.

Which is once again, irrelevant and not a particularly useful factoid. Move the dial back or forward a few weeks or months and this claim becomes untrue.

Ambigious...if we 'Move the dial back or forward a few weeks or months' then it wouldn't be 'at THIS POINT' (December of the thrd year)so by that very fact it would, of course, 'become untrue' regardless of the approval rating.

Mark my word, Obama is a one term president. He is not a leader, he is an embarassment just like the peanut farmer.

Obama: Headed for a Landslide? - Yahoo! News

yes folks, it just may be possible.

if the GOP keeps up the revolving clown game, many GOPers may just stay home on Election Day, giving Obama a massive victory and a 2nd term.
One should never assume they have an election won, because it breeds complacency and very likely a loss. The election will be a battle to the finish no matter who is Obama's opponent will be.

Mark my word, Obama is a one term president. He is not a leader, he is an embarassment just like the peanut farmer.

He's a good president, and the GOP candidates are a bunch of clowns.

Someone is in for a very very disappointing 2012. And his name rhymes with SgtRock... or something close to that.

consider your words marked. But, I believe the embarrassment will be all yours, as to have Obama as a one-term president, you have to have a credible alternative. Unfortunately all of the alternatives are incredible.

I think there's a tiny chance at bes for a landslide.

For a Landslide to be likely the Republicans would need a candidate that simultaneously doesn't excite the base and can't garner independents and Obama would need the same kind of pop culture fervor that swept him into the solid victory he had over McCain.

The base isn't enamored with Romney, but enough seem that they'll go along with him and are upset enough with Obama that he should have a decent turnout. He has at least some moderate appeal as well. Meanwhile the cultural phenomina of Barack Obama has significantly died down compared to what it was in 2007/2008. Last election the man was a rockstar, an pop culture icon, a historic almost diefic type of persona whose support became "hip" and "Cool" to do for the simple social aspect of it. He's now, largely, a politician...a man...he's been made mortal to a degree. Is there still strong love for him out there? Yes. But not nearly the same level of fervor that was there in 2008.

The last time the country has seen a Landslide was 1984's election with Ronald Reagan. Reagan won more than 90% of all the states and was more than 15% points higher in the popular vote than his next closest competitor (and closer to 20% then 15%).

The only election since then even CLOSE to those numbers and being a giant, but not landslide, victory was Bush in 1984. He captured 80% of the states and but only had about 8% more of the popular vote.

In comparison Obama in 2008, with all the fervor and excitement he had going for him, managed to win only about 56% of the states and had about 7% more of the popular vote.

Clinton's 1st term won a higher percentage of states then Obama with a lower popular vote total, but both fell below what Bush did in 88. In 96 Clinton managed the highest popular vote difference since Reagan at around 8.5%, but again was in the 60% range for the amount of states he got. Both of GWB's elections had the lowest gaps with regards to popular votes, but both had a higher percentage of the states won then Obama had in 08.

For Obama to have a "landslide" victory he'd need to outdo his performance in 2008, which would be hard to do. Not only would he need to out perform it, but he'd need to out perform it to a degree that no Presidential candidate has done since 1984. I just don't see that as being likely in the least.

Hope you have lots of tissues for when you start crying cause Obama was re-elected.

The fact is the GOP has put up a bunch of clowns. Even I don't want to see Obama a second term, but with what the GOP put up it is almost a guranteed victory for Obama. Blame the GOP for an Obama second term.

It won't be a landslide IMO, but I think Obama will win a second term.

If Romney wins the nomination it's going to be a very tight race. If Gingrich gets the nomination then Obama will win big.

If Romney wins the nomination it's going to be a very tight race. If Gingrich gets the nomination then Obama will win big.
I don't think Romney will be a tight race either.

1. There might be an independent. Trump has talked about it for a long time. Gary Johnson is running as a libertarian. They are going to to lose a lot of votes to these guys.
2. There is a tendency for the opposition to poll better in front of an election. McCain polled equally with Obama back in December 2007. Kerry polled higher than Bush in 2003. Romney polls worse.

Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and (possibly) Ohio will not be voting for Obama again...those electoral votes will go Red this time. I am amazed that Pennsylvania is heading toward O-bummer, especially with how he treated them 3+ years ago, plus the unemployment there is pretty bad. Had I been a worker laid-off during this administration, I wouldn't vote for him. I believe it might be a close race, but I can't, no, i don't want to believe that there are Americans out there that can't see through his agenda and see Sorros written all over it.

I believe it might be a close race, but I can't, no, i don't want to believe that there are Americans out there that can't see through his agenda and see Sorros written all over it.

If the GOP hadn't put up clowns as front runners, then you wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Blame the GOP for an Obama victory.

Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and (possibly) Ohio will not be voting for Obama again...those electoral votes will go Red this time. I am amazed that Pennsylvania is heading toward O-bummer, especially with how he treated them 3+ years ago, plus the unemployment there is pretty bad. Had I been a worker laid-off during this administration, I wouldn't vote for him. I believe it might be a close race, but I can't, no, i don't want to believe that there are Americans out there that can't see through his agenda and see Sorros written all over it.

you beat me to it........and for all those who think a third candidate would split the GOP, well i used to think that also but after hearing some opinions of other folks i beleive a third party name could very well take votes away from obama also...many Dems are disgusted with him, some didnt vote for him the first time anyway.... those that would absolutly not vote for a Repub candidate may like that non-obama choice

you beat me to it........and for all those who think a third candidate would split the GOP, well i used to think that also but after hearing some opinions of other folks i beleive a third party name could very well take votes away from obama also...many Dems are disgusted with him, some didnt vote for him the first time anyway.... those that would absolutly not vote for a Repub candidate may like that non-obama choice
That will only be the case, if the independent candidate is a moderate. The ones who have said they are thinking about running are libertarians and Republicans. They are going to take a lot more voters from the Republican nominee.

Also, 80% of Democrats approve of Barack Obama, which means they are going to vote for Obama.

Obama will win regardless if it is Newt or Romney at this point.. 1 year from the election.

Both GOP candidates have so many problems in their closet that they are unelectable even with the economy in the dumps.

Romney is a huge flip-flopper and most likely has committed election fraud. On top of that he cant really run on his business credentials in a general election since his business was removing jobs from America and I would wager that the Obama camp already has those commercials ready. He can run on the Salt Lake City thing.. but is it politically wise considering the scandal involved there... As for his very limited political carrier... /wave Romneycare... and one of the worst job growths at the time.. a time of boom..

Newt... is Newt.. an adulterous bastard and a hypocrite. The 524s or whatever they are called will run "Can Newt be trusted when he left his cancer stricken wife for another woman?" over and over again.. Add to that some of the "golden" comments he has done over the years.. there is plenty to go around.. including "The Palestinian people are a made up people" moronic comment he made. And then there is his political record.. resigning in disgrace... and not getting much done.

It is the old saying... better the devil you know than the devil you dont know.

Will it be a landslide? Doubtful because I suspect the turnout will be low.. from both sides. Dems are disappointed by Obama, and the Republicans cant stand their candidate..Only thing that might turn it for the GOP, is if they can build up a frenzy among the core to come out for what ever candidate they have (and holding their nose) and vote.. but question is.. will that work for the independents... doubtfully.

There is no chance. The economy is in the gutter. The president's approval rating is 42% (the lowest of any president in his 3rd year ever).
Who knows, we'll probably be at war with Iran by then, which means San Francisco will vote for Gingrich. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom