• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obama to win...by a landslide???

beating gingrich and romney in South Carolina? Hard to believe that one honestly.

Obama: Headed for a Landslide? - Yahoo! News

yes folks, it just may be possible.

if the GOP keeps up the revolving clown game, many GOPers may just stay home on Election Day, giving Obama a massive victory and a 2nd term.

In case you didn't notice that story was done by the Daily Beast's Michael Tomasky...not exactly a reliable news source imo. Yahoo just re-posted it.

if the GOP keeps up the revolving clown game, many GOPers may just stay home on Election Day, giving Obama a massive victory and a 2nd term.

Yea right. Highly unlikely. But you're right, it is all up to the GOP. We've seen Obama's best, and it sure ain't much, but he's next to perfect as an orator or a campaigner. But under no circumstance will GOPers "stay home." That is totally ludicrous. But it does matter who the GOP nominates, this isn't an ABO (anyone but obama) election, we must be really careful about who we choose to replace him. If the GOP nominates an establishment, status quo candidate, that will continue all of Obama's policies, the Indy's will decide this election.

Yea right. Highly unlikely. But you're right, it is all up to the GOP. We've seen Obama's best, and it sure ain't much, but he's next to perfect as an orator or a campaigner. But under no circumstance will GOPers "stay home." That is totally ludicrous.....

if their only GOP choice is a "RHINO", or a flip-flopper, they may indeed stay home.

There is no chance. The economy is in the gutter. The president's approval rating is 42% (the lowest of any president in his 3rd year ever).

There is no chance. The economy is in the gutter. The president's approval rating is 42% (the lowest of any president in his 3rd year ever).

if there was a viable GOP candidate, I would agree.

if this was 20 years ago, there would be a viable GOP candidate.

but, I think their constant kow-towing and pandering to the ignorant/racist/homophobic/anti-intellectual right has finally come home to roost..and no GOP candidate with a brain can really win their approval.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure this is bull****. And yeah it could happen. Not likely, but it could happen.

if their only GOP choice is a "RHINO", or a flip-flopper, they may indeed stay home.

Not a chance. Even if the candidate is racist Santorum, GOPers will hold their noses and vote for him. And that goes for anybody who isn't Obama. They might hate people, like Ron Paul's foreign policy, but they hate Obama even more.

Last edited:

but, I think their constant kow-towing and pandering to the ignorant/racist/homophobic/anti-intellectual right has finally come home to roost..and no GOP candidate with a brain can really win their approval.

I feel this way but about both parties. We have not seen a REAL GOOD LEADER since Reagan and/or Clinton. All the rest since Nixon have been crap. Kinda seemed like pickin the best of the worst.

What a Grimm assessment.

GET IT?
GET IT?

I made a funny.

You don't think Gingrich, Romney, and Ron Paul are intelligent? Evidence would show otherwise.

Conversely, anyone who labels conservatives as a group to be "ignorant/racist/homophobic/anti-intellectual" shows a lack of ability to grasp and subsequently have a serious discussion on the issues.

In other words, lowbrow name-calling doesn't make you look very intelligent.

I think Obama is going to win, and by a healthy margin.

Newt freaking Gingrich is the front runner on the GOP side for ****s sake.

In order to do my part to save the country I love I will hold my nose and vote for whoever is nominated. They all stink, but Obama's stench is putrid. It smells of big government tinged with marxism.

There are only two ways Obama can be re-elected, in my opinion.

One thing that could happen - The economy starts booming again.

The other thing - Donald Trump or Ron Paul run as 3rd party candidates, and split off part of the Republican vote.

-Reagan bottomed out at around 40 percent in 1983.
-Jimmy Carter in the low thirties in 1979
-Harry Truman was only slightly above the 30 percent mark between late 1946 and early 1947, yet won a subsequent term.

Source

And that's just the Presidents since 1945.

So your claim is first of all, false. You'd think people would refrain from making factually inaccurate claims that are easily verifiable, but apparently not.

It is also not very obvious to me what relevance his approval rating in his third year has to do with anything. There are presidents who had ****ty approval ratings in their third year, but great approval ratings in their second and/or fourth years, who went on to be reelected. There are also some who didn't get reelected, so I fail to see what relevance your claim about Obama's approval rating has.

Last edited:
Obama's gonna win in a landslide? What a joke. His job approval rating is below freakin Jimmy Carter and GW Bush. Hell, even Tricky Dick had a higher GAR.

Today is Obama's 1054 day in office. His GAR is 43%. GW Bush was 56% at this point. Carter was 54%, and Tricky Dick was 50%.

Presidential Job Approval Center

Last edited:
In order to do my part to save the country I love I will hold my nose and vote for whoever is nominated. They all stink, but Obama's stench is putrid. It smells of big government tinged with marxism.

Marxism? For real?

I actually thought you wanted to be taken serious.

Obama's gonna win in a landslide? What a joke. His job approval rating is below freakin Jimmy Carter and GW Bush. Hell, even Tricky Dick had a higher GAR.

Presidential Job Approval Center

Yeah, this means nothing. Move the dial back a month or even just a few weeks and this statement wouldn't be true for Carter.

Back
Top Bottom