• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Not only is impeachment dead on arrival, there's a risk that the Senate doesn't even take it up,' M

Hey, I know the right plays partisan games. I also know the left plays partisan games. To deny it means you are so partisan you can't even see it.

Of course they do, but you cannot demonstrate any partisan games Schiff is playing here. He' going by the rules, and the rule set up almost in their entirety by republicans.

IOW, he's doing his job, which is defending the country and oversight over the exec branch, where's the conspiracy whackjobs like Nunes and Jordan and Meadows clearly aren't.

When you can't argue the facts......

I have no interest in this witch hunt nor do the American people, only the radical zealots who want to overturn the 2016 election results within a year of the next election

So again you confirm you are a man without a country. I wish you luck.

So are we safer today than we were three years ago? You still haven't answered the question, where was the leader of ISIS killed? Trump hasn't withheld the aid so stop buying what the left tells you. Just another liberal anti Trump thread. We have an election in November, vote him out of office and return to that liberal utopia that Obama gave us

Trump will be voted out of office but you need to address the abuse of power committed by Trump and so does this nation. When a President abuses his powers it concerns us all.

LOL, just goes to show what advertising and 24/7 Trump bashing will create, someone who buys what they tell you simply out of hatred for Trump. Have you given any consideration to the reality that Trump isn't your problem, you are?

I think it's everyone's problem if we have a President who abuses his oath of office and violates the constitution and does not abide by the rule of law.

I think the system put in place by the founding fathers is the result of thousands of years of learning and experience. There was a time when people did not have systems of laws and government. Life was very hard back then because there was constant internecine warfare.

There is no argument you are making that has any basis in the principles and values enshrined in the Constitution. It's very clear you are divorced from our laws, our history, and our traditions, and you concern yourself only with things that directly benefit you. It is your right to be selfish, but having studied our history and our laws and our Constitution I believe it is a wonderful system and I will do what I can, where I can, to support it. If that includes posting things that irritate you, so be it. That's your problem not mine, and I am just sad your parents and your community failed to teach you about our wonderful history and our wonderful Constitution.

Thank you so now tell me how he violated his oath and where are the charges and proof?

Watch the House committee hearing today, or a recording of it. A good start would be the phone call transcript which recording Trump saying, "I would like you to do us a favor though.." when Zelenskyy asked for more javelin missile sales.

The testimony of Sondland and Taylor from a few weeks ago is also particularly helpful to prove the case against Trump.

For someone who apparently supported the Clinton's you show a double standard.Ukraine got the support from the U.S. and Trump is doing his job as Commander in Chief. You and the radical left need to stop the Trump bashing and find out what is actually happening in the country. The results are staggering and warrant re-election. Ukraine is a non issue

It is a profound abuse of office for a President to extort a foreign country into investigating one of his main political rivals in exchange for an official act or benefit from the U.S. government.

This idea, that a public official should refrain from engaging in acts of corruption, has nothing to do with the Democratic or Republican parties. It's a non-partisan issue.

So again you confirm you are a man without a country. I wish you luck.

My country is doing just great in spite of your do nothing but investigate House of Representatives, Strong economic growth, job creation, stock market, infrastructure building and you are trying to get rid of the person who generated those results showing again the power of the media and deep state

Trump will be voted out of office but you need to address the abuse of power committed by Trump and so does this nation. When a President abuses his powers it concerns us all.

You are the one claiming abuse of power and no President in U.S. History has ever lost re-election with an over 50% approval rating on the economy. you offer no alternative so it is just "get rid of Trump" and replace him with who? Your party is intellectually bankrupt and run by a group of radicals none of whom have the best interest of the citizens in mind.

Watch the House committee hearing today, or a recording of it. A good start would be the phone call transcript which recording Trump saying, "I would like you to do us a favor though.." when Zelenskyy asked for more javelin missile sales.

The testimony of Sondland and Taylor from a few weeks ago is also particularly helpful to prove the case against Trump.

It is a profound abuse of office for a President to extort a foreign country into investigating one of his main political rivals in exchange for an official act or benefit from the U.S. government.

This idea, that a public official should refrain from engaging in acts of corruption, has nothing to do with the Democratic or Republican parties. It's a non-partisan issue.

Yes, saw that and then complete the sentence? doing us a favor means what to you? did Ukraine get the money? Corruption? You give a damn more about getting rid of Trump than celebrating the successes being generated in the economy, stock market, national security all benefiting the American people. Get out and see the road construction and infrastructure building, state and local economic growth. What Democratic Candidate is going to continue this kind of economic and foreign policy results

I think it's everyone's problem if we have a President who abuses his oath of office and violates the constitution and does not abide by the rule of law.

I think the system put in place by the founding fathers is the result of thousands of years of learning and experience. There was a time when people did not have systems of laws and government. Life was very hard back then because there was constant internecine warfare.

There is no argument you are making that has any basis in the principles and values enshrined in the Constitution. It's very clear you are divorced from our laws, our history, and our traditions, and you concern yourself only with things that directly benefit you. It is your right to be selfish, but having studied our history and our laws and our Constitution I believe it is a wonderful system and I will do what I can, where I can, to support it. If that includes posting things that irritate you, so be it. That's your problem not mine, and I am just sad your parents and your community failed to teach you about our wonderful history and our wonderful Constitution.

It is very clear that you are biased in your hatred of one man and totally ignorant of the waste, fraud, and abuse of power by the democrats in the House. You want Trump out but don't offer a viable replacement. You want Trump out but cannot claim what he has done that has hurt you, your family, or the country? You want Trump out because the media has sold you lies and you totally ignore the official results.

My Dad was at Pearl Harbor when it was bombed, My father in law was at Normandy, I served during the Vietnam War so don't give me any crap about my family. It is you that don't understand the wonderful history of this country and rather than investigate your party needs to legislate. What a waste the House Democrats are today

Yes, saw that and then complete the sentence? doing us a favor means what to you?

The whole call is terrible. You need to read it. And it gets worse from there. It's worse than what I just quoted, because in addition to requesting an investigation into Crowdstrike, Trump also asks for an investigation into Biden.

did Ukraine get the money?

Two things happened BEFORE Ukraine got the money.

1) Sondland extracted from Ukraine a promise to publicly announce an investigation into the Bidens.

2) The White House discovered that the House found out about the whistleblower testimony...meaning the White House got caught.

These two things happened BEFORE the money was disbursed to Ukraine.

Further, the fact that Ukraine got the money really doesn't with respect to the solicitation of bribery on Trump's part. Attempted robbery is still a crime. Attempted murder is still a crime. Attempted bribery is still a crime. Attempted extortion is still a crime.

That Trump was incompetent with regard to his extortion attempts is not very relevant. The reason why it's not very relevant is that the biggest aspect of wrongdoing here is the fact that Trump ABUSED the power of the office of the President for his own personal benefit by making the attempt to extort Ukraine.

You give a damn more about getting rid of Trump than celebrating the successes being generated in the economy, stock market, national security all benefiting the American people. Get out and see the road construction and infrastructure building, state and local economic growth. What Democratic Candidate is going to continue this kind of economic and foreign policy results

So I understand you don't care about the U.S. Constitution and you don't about government operating properly, and you don't care about the Rule of Law. And you think these things, these abstract concepts somehow don't matter. But YOU ARE WRONG. You are unaware of the topics you are talking about. You are completely divorced from our traditional values and principles. You do not understand our history. Everything our ancestors invented when our country was born resulted from thousands upon thousands of years of human conflict.

The Constitution, the Rule of Law, the founding principles and values espoused by the founding fathers, serve as the foundation of our society. Capitalism cannot exist without the Rule of Law. If people can not trust the courts to help them resolve their disputes there would be anarchy, and businesses would not be able to engage in business with the greatest efficiency. The U.S. Constitution, the laws we operate under, our government institutions, they are the framework upon which everything else occurs. We don't have to look for very far to see examples of societies that do not have a functioning government, that do not the Rule of Law. In those cases life is very short, very harsh, there is constant physical violence, infrastructure doesn't function very well. Economic growth is hampered.

Part of the problem is that you and other Trump supporters are going to have to terms with the fact you are not always going to get what you want, and whatever it is you want to be implemented in terms of policy you do not have the right to destroy the Republic to get it.

Last edited:
It is about impeachment and high crimes and misdemeanors, lying under oath meets that definition, not national security issues like Ukraine as you really have no understanding of this issue and simply buy what you are being told. We have an election in one year, vote Trump out of office and return to that liberal utopia Obama gave us

I didn't even vote for Obama. So i could care less.

I do care that Trump puts his reelection ahead of our interests.

The whole call is terrible. You need to read it. And it gets worse from there. It's worse than what I just quoted, because in addition to requesting an investigation into Crowdstrike, Trump also asks for an investigation into Biden.

1) Sondland extracted from Ukraine a promise to publicly announce an investigation into the Bidens.

2) The White House discovered that the House found out about the whistleblower testimony...meaning the White House got caught.

Further, the fact that Ukraine got the money really doesn't with respect to the solicitation of bribery on Trump's part. Attempted robbery is still a crime. Attempted murder is still a crime. Attempted bribery is still a crime. Attempted extortion is still a crime.

That Trump was incompetent with regard to his extortion attempts is not very relevant. The reason why it's not very relevant is that the biggest aspect of wrongdoing here is the fact that Trump ABUSED the power of the office of the President for his own personal benefit.

So I understand you don't care about the U.S. Constitution and you don't about government operating properly, and you don't care about the Rule of Law. And you think these things, these abstract concepts somehow don't matter. But YOU ARE WRONG. You are unaware of the topics you are talking about. You are completely divorced from our traditional values and principles. You do not understand our history. Everything our ancestors invented when our country was born resulted from thousands upon thousands of years of human conflict.

The Constitution, the Rule of Law, the founding principles and values espoused by the founding fathers, serve as the foundation of our society. Capitalism cannot exist without the Rule of Law. If people can not trust the courts to help them resolve their disputes there would be anarchy, and businesses would not be able to engage in business with the greatest efficiency. The U.S. Constitution, the laws we operate under, our government institutions, they are the framework upon which everything else occurs. We don't have to look for very far to see examples of societies that do not have a functioning government, that do not the Rule of Law. In those cases life is very short, very harsh, there is constant physical violence, infrastructure doesn't function very well. Economic growth is hampered.

Part of the problem is that you and other Trump supporters are going to have to terms with the fact you are not always going to get what you want, and whatever it is you want you do not have the right to destroy the Republic to get it. Once you learn those two things you will become good citizens again.

You'll never convince him that laws apply to Trump. He'll be banging the drum for 3rd term, to hell with the Constitution.

That Trump was incompetent with regard to his extortion attempts is not very relevant. The reason why it's not very relevant is that the biggest aspect of wrongdoing here is the fact that Trump ABUSED the power of the office of the President for his own personal benefit by making the attempt to extort Ukraine.

Part of the problem is that you and other Trump supporters are going to have to terms with the fact you are not always going to get what you want, and whatever it is you want you do not have the right to destroy the Republic to get it.

Give me a fricken break, Trump violated NO laws and you are reading something into the transcript that doesn't exist. Such hatred and such lack of understanding of the Constitution. I am getting exactly what I want, the Democratic Party making complete asses out of themselves and once and for all liberalism and radicalism will be defeated soundly at the ballot box

Biden and all the Democratic Candidates have enough baggage that Ukraine means nothing, you are wasting your time and taxpayer money when we have an election in less than a year. Part of the real problem is pure hatred and lack of even basic civics understanding on your part. This impeachment is going nowhere, just grandstanding to divert from the incredible results being generated by the Trump economy

I didn't even vote for Obama. So i could care less.

I do care that Trump puts his reelection ahead of our interests.

Trump's re-election is based upon two issues, national security and economics. NO President in modern history has ever lost re-election with a 50% or more approval rating on the economy, that is reality, You people keep beating this dead horse of investigate, promotion of class envy and jealousy, class warfare and diversion from the alternative. The American people are working and the only ones wasting time are people like you who buy the media and left wing rhetoric, you need to get out more

Give me a fricken break, Trump violated NO laws and you are reading something into the transcript that doesn't exist. Such hatred and such lack of understanding of the Constitution. I am getting exactly what I want, the Democratic Party making complete asses out of themselves and once and for all liberalism and radicalism will be defeated soundly at the ballot box

Biden and all the Democratic Candidates have enough baggage that Ukraine means nothing, you are wasting your time and taxpayer money when we have an election in less than a year. Part of the real problem is pure hatred and lack of even basic civics understanding on your part. This impeachment is going nowhere, just grandstanding to divert from the incredible results being generated by the Trump economy

Swallwell is reading Trump's tweets.
"He's such a meanie, don't you agree Mr. Taylor, that we should impeach a President for calling you a meanie name like 'Never Trumper'?"

Trump's re-election is based upon two issues, national security and economics. NO President in modern history has ever lost re-election with a 50% or more approval rating on the economy, that is reality, You people keep beating this dead horse of investigate, promotion of class envy and jealousy, class warfare and diversion from the alternative. The American people are working and the only ones wasting time are people like you who buy the media and left wing rhetoric, you need to get out more

Trump's got the tangibles. The Left has their intangibles that you've enumerated, also to include racial division and the elevation of illegal aliens above Americans.

What a disaster today's Democratic Party is

Jim Jordan: And you're the star witness? | On Air Videos | Fox News

When exactly did Trump freeze the money to Ukraine and what was the date of the transcript?

What purpose does it serve now with an election next November. There is nothing in the official transcript that supports impeachment but you want to buy the testimony of someone else based upon second hand information.

Ignoring potential malfeasance because the election is around the corner is a poor argument. I don't want to "buy" anything, it's about the amount of information presented supporting the original complaint by the whistle blower.

Ignoring potential malfeasance because the election is around the corner is a poor argument. I don't want to "buy" anything, it's about the amount of information presented supporting the original complaint by the whistle blower.

Look you couldn't care less about Ukraine and simply hate Trump, you buy what the left tells you and nothing is going to change your mind. There is nothing to investigate here and it seems the only ones that believe differently are people like you who simply hate Trump

It is very clear that you are biased in your hatred of one man

My attitude towards Trump is the result of my awareness of his actions. For instance, I'll give you one example, I am angry that his lawyers have argued in court that Trump is immune from criminal investigation. Does this not concern you that Trump thinks he is above the law?

and totally ignorant of the waste, fraud, and abuse of power by the democrats in the House.

I don't like waste, fraud, and corruption on anyone's part. That's why I support the whistleblower laws. Do you support the whistleblower laws?

You want Trump out but don't offer a viable replacement.

There's lots of people that could replace him. What a silly assertion. We have 327 million citizens.

You want Trump out but cannot claim what he has done that has hurt you, your family, or the country? You want Trump out because the media has sold you lies and you totally ignore the official results.

It is clear to me that you are not well acquainted with abstract things like the Rule of Law, and the U.S. Constitution, and our legal system in general, you only care about practical things. I think it may be a waste of my time to try and explain to you why the Rule of Law is important. It's certainly going to be a waste of my time if you are going to stubbornly resist learning anything new. My only advice is for you to set aside time and read about our history, our laws, the Constitution, and the histories of other peoples as well.

Have you ever been sued? Have you ever had to go to court? Have you ever had a dispute with your neighbor? There's so much about our lives that depend on the rule of law, and courts, and judges, and the constitutional order, and so on. Have you ever been a victim of a crime. Has anyone ever defrauded you? Imagine what your life be like if you had no reassurance that wrongdoers would get caught, that someone could just pay a bribe and whatever complaint you had would just vanish into thin air. This happens, every day, in places where the Rule of Law does not exist. We know what societies are like that do not have the Rule of Law. They are miserable places to live.

Last edited:
It is you that don't understand the wonderful history of this country and rather than investigate your party needs to legislate. What a waste the House Democrats are today

What was the last history book you read, and how long ago did you read it? What was the last history course you took and completed, and when did you complete it?

You'll never convince him that laws apply to Trump. He'll be banging the drum for 3rd term, to hell with the Constitution.

I agree. I don't think "Conservative" has ever spent a minute reading the U.S. Constitution.

Look you couldn't care less about Ukraine and simply hate Trump, you buy what the left tells you and nothing is going to change your mind. There is nothing to investigate here and it seems the only ones that believe differently are people like you who simply hate Trump

I don't hate Trump; heck, I don't hate anyone. The irony here is you accuse me of what you're clearly displaying, but on the GOP side. The left, right, or whatever doesn't need to sell me anything; there's information and the processing of that information. You have no idea whether I care about the Ukraine, but making this type of generalization is part of your argument MO. I'm sure as you run out of points you'll ask what has Trump ever done to me personally as if that has any relevance.

old.jpg

Give me a fricken break, Trump violated NO laws

It's actually not important that Trump violated no laws. There is another duty that Trump has other than simply refraining from committing crimes, and that is Trump cannot abuse the power of the office of the President.

Abuse of office is an impeachable offense:

What Does ‘High Crimes and Misdemeanors’ Actually Mean? - The Atlantic

and you are reading something into the transcript that doesn't exist.

Have you actually read it?

Do you want to read it with me?

Let's read it:

Read the phone call transcript summary between President Trump and Ukraine President Zelensky, released by the White House today as "unredacted" - CBS News

Back
Top Bottom