• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nfl 2019

Good points but I am going to play devils advocate:

Beckham did nothing but cause trouble in NY. NY didn't win with him, and he missed a LOT of games. Also he had about as mellow of a QB he could have, nothing bothered Manning. Mayfield doesn't seem to be of that temperament. lol..I can see some serious problems the 1st time Beckham whines about not getting the ball enough.
Speaking of the Giants does this mean they are tearing it down and will be drafting a QB this year, something they should have done last year.

Again Brown and Gruden? Nothing more needs to be said.. BTW he's the best WR in the game? Who this year was NOT voted to the pro-bowl and NOT voted the Steelers MVP.. That kind of spells it all out about Brown.

IF Bell stays healthy and keeps his head on straight he could be the offensive weapon the Jets DEFINITELY need and haven't had in years. But will he stay happy? Awhile ago he dissed the Jets saying he wouldn't play for them unless he got over $60 mil. Basically saying the organization stunk. But then he forced to go play for them because he found out there wasn't a market for him, no one but the Jets made him a decent offer.

I do find it strange to see 2 of the most storied and respected franchises(Steelers and Giants) in all of sports looking like a complete idiots and their teams turned into circuses by 'divas'.. Both teams should have dumped these guys years ago. Well, maybe they learned something from this mess.
re the text in bold font:
isn't beckham now playing with his best friend from LSU, being coached by his position coach from LSU, receiving passes from last year's #1 pick
which team would offer a better opportunity for OBJ to flourish

isn't beckham now playing with his best friend from LSU, being coached by his position coach from LSU, receiving passes from last year's #1 pick

We all know why the Giants sucked last year. Their QB is garbage.

Its free agency- everybody overpays. As long as youre within the cap its fine.

You think he’ll be used more as a utility player like in NE?

Take care of Mark Ingram for us, Baltimore. He did us good in New Orleans and I hope he does well for you as well.

I'm not sure what the LSU connections have to do with how 'happy' Beckham will be in Cleveland.. And until the Browns prove otherwise, they're still the Browns.

Mayfield had a few good months, he's still basically a rookie, and I've seen a TON of 1st round QB's have a good year, and then they are never heard from again. Griffin III being the best example of that. So I'll wait for awhile to see how this all works out.

I believe so. Nagy does a lot of trick plays, so I can see him paired up with Tarik Cohen on gadget stuff. Plus Patterson is the best kick returner in the league so the Bears special teams will definitely improve with him in there.

The Pats only win because they cheat and engage in all sorts of criminality. Theyre a glorified mafia crew.

Its easy to see why you are salty.....
You have to watch this....
280b524d239a4aecba14d10e905538de.jpg

While Pats fans are counting these...
IMG_4106.jpg

ooops....forgot 1.....
121957a_lg.jpg

Patriots are playing the smart game.

Wait out the overspending, sign free agents on discounts.

Wait until the draft and see teams cut good players or trade them away for low draft picks.

Cordelle Patterson is a fine player but he is someone you can find in the mid rounds in the draft. He's not really that good of a WR.

Cordelle Patterson is a decent receiver...but he was definitely the 4th rcvr option in New England. I dont see him as someone that a team should have paid anything significant for in free agency.

Its easy to see why you are salty.....
You have to watch this....

While Pats fans are counting these...
View attachment 67252489

ooops....forgot 1.....
View attachment 67252490

You forgot this one, Mr. Bandwagon Pats fan:

gEoVR5U.jpg

You forgot this one, Mr. Bandwagon Pats fan:

gEoVR5U.jpg
Odd are pretty good that he'll 'get off'. Id say odds of that are better than the odds of the Bears winning a SuperBowl any time soon.

Odd are pretty good that he'll 'get off'. Id say odds of that are better than the odds of the Bears winning a SuperBowl any time soon.

The prosecution has not one but two videos as proof, so odds are he will have to settle or do time. And since you still think Cutler is the Bears QB, your "expert" opinion on them is pretty much bunk as well lol.

I just cannot understand what Jon Gruden is doing with the Raiders.

Elite pass rush is arguably the #2 most important position on the team. Traded away a sure thing (Khalil Mack) for lottery tickets.

Elite #1 WR is among the top 5 most important positions on the team. Traded away a sure thing (Amari Cooper) for lottery tickets.

Now they pick up a >30 y/o WR for $16MM? That's about $3MM MORE than what the Cowboys are paying for Cooper!

I get trying to load up on draft picks, but what's the point of draft picks if not to acquire great talent? So why trade away great talent you already have, in exchange for the hope of getting great talent from the draft? It just boggles my mind trying to make sense of this.

John Gruden is turning out as bad as I feared. He may have been an offensive guru 15 years ago but its unclear his current thinking has kept up. Moreover, he's never been good at developing players or finding means to make them successful. And whereas the best coach's are flexible and change their philosophy to maximize available talent, Gruden believes that square players HAVE to be pounded into his round holes. Hence, constant player churn.

Let's face it, trading hard-working Mack was the biggest boneheaded decision of his first year. Essentially he traded Mack (a first round 5th pick) for a first round 24th pick, and gave up second round pick for a first round pick next year. And next year there is a good chance that a successful bears will have a 24th or worse first round position next year anyway, and the horrible raiders may find their swap will advance their draft order less than 10 spots.

Letting Cooper (a 4th round pick) go for Dallas's 27th first round pick isn't genius... its almost a second round pick. But what is especially disappointing is that, unlike Dallas, Gruden was unable to find a way to improve Cooper's play or reinvigorate his amazing talents. All it took was a new receivers coach and the guy was back to his old form.

So Gruden brings in his beloved veterans, "uses his phone", and he drafts two floundering OT's, and a bunch of question marks. But hey, he also gets Bryant and Nelson, each turning out to be a bust. (About the only thing he did right was letting Mario Edwards go).

You are right to ask what the hell is Gruden's strategy. It doesn't seem to be that of rebuilding for the future, nor of spreading the money around to get more depth. Instead, he pays and trades for an emotionally problematical, aging WR who best years are NOT likely ahead of him. And then to make up for his draft blunders, he has pay the highest salary in NFL history (for an OT) to Trent Brown, someone who excelled under NEngland coaching (who covered his weaknesses with chipping help) and who excels only in the power blocking, not on the outside plays.

So here we are: Oakland has cap space left but likely no cash left. It is clueless on whether or not it wants to rebuild through the draft, or add a could of celeb players for short-term results and at least a 8-8 record. It's defense still sucks and has no pass rusher, its primary running back (Lynch) is likely in his last year, and it has one good WR, OT, and TE.

The bottom line: Oakland has the worst combination of owner and coach-manager in the league. It doesn't know where its playing from year to year, and when it does play its difficult to think of it as serious football. When both the owner and coach-manager compliment each other's incompetence, this is what you get (FOR NINE MORE YEARS).

John Gruden is turning out as bad as I feared. He may have been an offensive guru 15 years ago but its unclear his current thinking has kept up. Moreover, he's never been good at developing players or finding means to make them successful. And whereas the best coach's are flexible and change their philosophy to maximize available talent, Gruden believes that square players HAVE to be pounded into his round holes. Hence, constant player churn.

Let's face it, trading hard-working Mack was the biggest boneheaded decision of his first year. Essentially he traded Mack (a first round 5th pick) for a first round 24th pick, and gave up second round pick for a first round pick next year. And next year there is a good chance that a successful bears will have a 24th or worse first round position next year anyway, and the horrible raiders may find their swap will advance their draft order less than 10 spots.

Letting Cooper (a 4th round pick) go for Dallas's 27th first round pick isn't genius... its almost a second round pick. But what is especially disappointing is that, unlike Dallas, Gruden was unable to find a way to improve Cooper's play or reinvigorate his amazing talents. All it took was a new receivers coach and the guy was back to his old form.

So Gruden brings in his beloved veterans, "uses his phone", and he drafts two floundering OT's, and a bunch of question marks. But hey, he also gets Bryant and Nelson, each turning out to be a bust. (About the only thing he did right was letting Mario Edwards go).

You are right to ask what the hell is Gruden's strategy. It doesn't seem to be that of rebuilding for the future, nor of spreading the money around to get more depth. Instead, he pays and trades for an emotionally problematical, aging WR who best years are NOT likely ahead of him. And then to make up for his draft blunders, he has pay the highest salary in NFL history (for an OT) to Trent Brown, someone who excelled under NEngland coaching (who covered his weaknesses with chipping help) and who excels only in the power blocking, not on the outside plays.

So here we are: Oakland has cap space left but likely no cash left. It is clueless on whether or not it wants to rebuild through the draft, or add a could of celeb players for short-term results and at least a 8-8 record. It's defense still sucks and has no pass rusher, its primary running back (Lynch) is likely in his last year, and it has one good WR, OT, and TE.

The bottom line: Oakland has the worst combination of owner and coach-manager in the league. It doesn't know where its playing from year to year, and when it does play its difficult to think of it as serious football. When both the owner and coach-manager compliment each other's incompetence, this is what you get (FOR NINE MORE YEARS).

This post is somewhat one-sided. He traded a bag of peanuts for a hof wr in his prime. He deserves credit for that.

Also, the Raiders deserve credit for finding a stud kicker in Daniel Carlson. That guy was nails in Oakland.

He also changed the cultre by cutting that malcontent punter, marquette king.

You can see this coming a mile away.. The Ravens will be in the QB hunt after next season, hell maybe even earlier. Why they are banking on this guy is beyond me, but as a Steeler fan, I'm all for it.

LAMAR JACKSON HITS 105 MPH ...While Recording On His Phone.

Here's Baltimore Ravens superstar QB Lamar Jackson apparently breaking some laws ... speeding at 105 MPH -- all while holding his phone and recording!

C'mon man -- BE SAFE!!!

LJ posted the (not so smart) footage on his Instagram Story Tuesday ... presumably to show off his icy bracelet and fancy Mercedes.

The problem? You can see in the vid, the speedometer is PASSING 105 MPH ... with his phone locked in one of his hands.

Yeah, ain't exactly a look the Ravens want to see.

Plus, there's a seat belt light on the dashboard, which shows someone in the car ain't buckled up. It seems Lamar's alone in the car. We're HOPING it's a mistake and he's buckled up for safety.

What makes things even tougher for the Ravens to swallow? They've had an up-and-down offseason so far, losing studs like Terrell Suggs and Eric Weddle -- and Jackson also posted he isn't happy about that.

"Lol I wish we could've kept everyone," Jackson said ... "us players have 0 say so."

We've reached out to the Ravens for comment on Lamar's vids ... but so far, no word back yet..

Lamar Jackson Hits 105 MPH While Recording On His Phone | TMZ.com

BTW 'superstar'??? LOL. That was fast. He's already a superstar..

Last edited:
I'm hearing that the Giants made the Beckham trade in order to move on either the Cards #1 pick for Murray or make a trade for Rosen.
No way do I want Murray. He may be great, but there red flags are there, like a Manziel. Way too small. Rosen would be better , more a pocket passer. Although I admit I don't know much about him. I'll trust in Gettlemen since their last GM had some complete bombs in the draft.

This post is somewhat one-sided. He traded a bag of peanuts for a hof wr in his prime. He deserves credit for that.

Well, it's an expensive bag of peanuts to make up for the mishandling of Cooper and his talents. So yes, a third and fifth round pick (which together have a 50-50 chance of getting a solid NFL player) is now necessary to give up, especially if your goal is to win now.

The problem is that the Raiders are so bad that it needs a lot more in talent, with limited cash, to build for a future great team. In theory, one builds the base first and then looks for the one or two players that will push it to the superbowl contender level.

When the AB trade was announced, I saw the ghost of Al Davis nodding yes (which is not a good thing). After the Raider heyday, in the late 1980s, Davis constantly sought a superstar to pay big bucks for his floundering team: Lofton, Moss, Howard, etc. None of it worked, in part because guys like Moss and Lofton grew tired of supporting a bad team. They lost interest, Davis had to trade them (Lofton and Moss) for peanuts, and they rebloomed with stellar finishing careers on Superbowl teams.

Anyway, I could have been a little too harsh. IF AB does not turnout to be a locker-room trouble-maker, if Trent Brown can lock down his end in the pass rush, if the acquisition Tyrell Williams turns out to be the brilliant WR addition that I think he will be then prospects might look up.

None the less, these are all ifs … equally counterbalanced by the loss of Cooper, Mack, the likelihood that they'll be losing their great tight-end Jared Cook because of compensation issues and have already lost their pro-bowl guard Kelechi Osemele.

Well, it's an expensive bag of peanuts to make up for the mishandling of Cooper and his talents. So yes, a third and fifth round pick (which together have a 50-50 chance of getting a solid NFL player) is now necessary to give up, especially if your goal is to win now.

The problem is that the Raiders are so bad that it needs a lot more in talent, with limited cash, to build for a future great team. In theory, one builds the base first and then looks for the one or two players that will push it to the superbowl contender level.

When the AB trade was announced, I saw the ghost of Al Davis nodding yes (which is not a good thing). After the Raider heyday, in the late 1980s, Davis constantly sought a superstar to pay big bucks for his floundering team: Lofton, Moss, Howard, etc. None of it worked, in part because guys like Moss and Lofton grew tired of supporting a bad team. They lost interest, Davis had to trade them (Lofton and Moss) for peanuts, and they rebloomed with stellar finishing careers on Superbowl teams.

Anyway, I could have been a little too harsh. IF AB does not turnout to be a locker-room trouble-maker, if Trent Brown can lock down his end in the pass rush, if the acquisition Tyrell Williams turns out to be the brilliant WR addition that I think he will be then prospects might look up.

None the less, these are all ifs … equally counterbalanced by the loss of Cooper, Mack, the likelihood that they'll be losing their great tight-end Jared Cook because of compensation issues and have already lost their pro-bowl guard Kelechi Osemele.

The Steelers had to trade Brown. Which of course lowered his value. The other teams KNEW the Steelers were over a barrel, we can be sure they weren't going to help the Steelers out by offering them a lot for Brown.

BTW another person who is confused by the Beckham trade, in more ways than 1.... lol

Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard said this:

“I don’t know what the Giants are doing.”

Which is fair...Many people are questioning why the Giants signed Beckham to a HUGE extension, only to trade him..

But then Syndergaard said this:

"I like the way @bakermayfield competes out there on the mound." 😂😂 @Noahsyndergaard

Oh well.

The prosecution has not one but two videos as proof, so odds are he will have to settle or do time. And since you still think Cutler is the Bears QB, your "expert" opinion on them is pretty much bunk as well lol.
My guess is that they dont prosecute with jail time your average citizen that gets a tugger and if they tried to pull that one on Kraft he would sue the **** out of them and win.

And as to your QB..........

Seriously...who gives a **** WHO the Bears QB is? It might as well be Cutler. Because Trubisky isnt exactly a step up.

Interestingly enough, the pundits are actually saying just the opposite. What looked like a dumpster fire may actually turn the Raiders into contenders. The have a competent QB...not great, but not his doing. The have 3 #1 draft picks. They have one of the best rcvrs on all of football. the have the best cap space in the league. This as a departure from...
Quarterback Derek Carr, who finished 19th in passer rating in 2017 (one spot ahead of Blake Bortles), was the second-highest-paid player in the league. (He’s now seventh highest paid.)
Defensive end Khalil Mack, coming off of a 10.5-sack campaign, wanted to be paid more than Carr. on a
Defense that finished 29th in DVOA last season, was tied for the second-fewest forced turnovers, and was tied for 24th in sacks.
The no. 1 running back (Marshawn Lynch), receiver (Michael Crabtree), and tight end (Jared Cook) were all in their 30s.
The only skill player of note, receiver Amari Cooper, led the league in dropped-pass percentage for the second time in three years in 2017.

Gruden did NOT come in and the first year turn them into contenders. They didnt have the talent. What he did was laid a foundation for a contender, just as the Browns did, and just as he did when he took over Tampa Bay many moons ago.

Also, the Raiders deserve credit for finding a stud kicker in Daniel Carlson. That guy was nails in Oakland.

He also changed the cultre by cutting that malcontent punter, marquette king.

He's only made 17 field goals over 10 games, not much of a track record to evaluate his "studliness". And I don't know they "found" him as much as tripped over him - he wasn't even the starter.

Next season we will see.

Interestingly enough, the pundits are actually saying just the opposite. What looked like a dumpster fire may actually turn the Raiders into contenders. The have a competent QB...not great, but not his doing. The have 3 #1 draft picks. They have one of the best rcvrs on all of football. the have the best cap space in the league. This as a departure from...
Quarterback Derek Carr, who finished 19th in passer rating in 2017 (one spot ahead of Blake Bortles), was the second-highest-paid player in the league. (He’s now seventh highest paid.)
Defensive end Khalil Mack, coming off of a 10.5-sack campaign, wanted to be paid more than Carr. on a
Defense that finished 29th in DVOA last season, was tied for the second-fewest forced turnovers, and was tied for 24th in sacks.
The no. 1 running back (Marshawn Lynch), receiver (Michael Crabtree), and tight end (Jared Cook) were all in their 30s.
The only skill player of note, receiver Amari Cooper, led the league in dropped-pass percentage for the second time in three years in 2017.

Gruden did NOT come in and the first year turn them into contenders. They didnt have the talent. What he did was laid a foundation for a contender, just as the Browns did, and just as he did when he took over Tampa Bay many moons ago.

There was a time I was a Gruden fan, but at this point the bloom is off the rose. There are things that are indisputable:

1) Gruden is really bad at assessing draft talent. He was bad at Tampa (when he was also a combo GM-Coach-OFF. Coor) and he was bad in his 10 years of broadcasting work. EVERY QB he thinks is a winner, and showers praise on total flops (e.g. Connor Cooke).

2) Gruden is untalented at developing players. No wonder he likes vets, apparently he can't fix or scheme around flaws. Cooper has had a rebirth, not under Gruden as expected, but under decent coaching and scheming at Dallas.

3) At this point, Gruden (et. al.) have screwed up what was a 10th pick last year, opting for a 15th pick and a horrible failure at OT. Nothing but question marks for all his other picks (but one).

4) He doesn't have a foundation, he has fire brigade. Last year, after gutting the team, his team had the oldest average age in the league. His younger of real talent (Mack and Cooper) are gone. Instead of restoring an offensive line that two seasons before was impermeable, he prematurely demoted Penn and no longer has anyone other than the hyper expensive Trent Brown.

5) Ya Mack wanted the highest pay - but its not like the Raiders had to give him that. He would have returned for at least 8 games, and they could have franchise tagged him for two more years (and likely got two clean first round picks as compensation if he went elsewhere).

My guess is that they dont prosecute with jail time your average citizen that gets a tugger and if they tried to pull that one on Kraft he would sue the **** out of them and win.
Sue? LOL What's he going to sue them for? He is being criminally prosecuted in a case with video evidence. I hope youre not a lawyer.

And as to your QB..........

Seriously...who gives a **** WHO the Bears QB is? It might as well be Cutler. Because Trubisky isnt exactly a step up.
Thanks for admitting you have no idea what youre talking about.

Back
Top Bottom