• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nfl 2019

Nick Foles got paid! Be interesting to see how that plays out lol.
Pretty crazy considering this is his 5th time stint on 4 different teams and has never been considered good enough to hang onto a starting role. Stinks of Jaguar desperation....

Has it ever paid off? I've racking my brain to think of a single big budget QB acquisition that changed a franchise.

Can anyone think of a single QB (heck, a player from any position) who signed with another team for huge money and it turned out to be worth the investment?

I mean, for QBs it can almost be argued that it really doesn't matter whether they end up on the same team or not, they hurt the team they land on, with Tom Brady being the only exception.

Granted, that statistic might be skewed by the fact that Brady has won a third of all the Super Bowls from the last 18 years.

didn't it work out for denver. maybe my recollection if off but i thought peyton manning had a super bowl ring to document it

Has it ever paid off? I've racking my brain to think of a single big budget QB acquisition that changed a franchise.

Can anyone think of a single QB (heck, a player from any position) who signed with another team for huge money and it turned out to be worth the investment?

I mean, for QBs it can almost be argued that it really doesn't matter whether they end up on the same team or not, they hurt the team they land on, with Tom Brady being the only exception.

Granted, that statistic might be skewed by the fact that Brady has won a third of all the Super Bowls from the last 18 years.

I was chatting to a friend about this recently. Name me the last time a top 5 RB or WR won the SB in the last 15 years? You look at guy like Julio Jones, AB, Bell, Peterson, Gurley, Elliot, Megatron, Randy Moss, Larry Fitz etc and none of them won a ring.

didn't it work out for denver. maybe my recollection if off but i thought peyton manning had a super bowl ring to document it

Good point. Manning did it. Might be the exception that proves the rule, though.

It seems that the more common narrative is a big QB signing breaks a team's salary cap and they have to release all the good players that made the team good...

But I guess that is the whole point of the salary cap.

Reggie White, Deion Prime Time Sanders, Darrell Revis

Denver hasnt overpaid for their QB gambles. Manning panned out and the others havent, but they didnt blow tons of cash on marginal talent.

OBJ goes from NYC to Cleveland.

Be careful what you wish for.

:2rofll:

OBJ goes from NYC to Cleveland.

Be careful what you wish for.

:2rofll:

How I rate the teams in the AFC North:

1. Browns: 9-11 wins

2. Ravens: 7-9 wins

Last place tie: Steelers and Bengals 5-7 wins

How I rate the teams in the AFC North:

1. Browns: 9-11 wins

2. Ravens: 7-9 wins

Last place tie: Steelers and Bengals 5-7 wins

If that QB is for real, Browns should challenge for the AFC title. Their D is solid.

If that QB is for real, Browns should challenge for the AFC title. Their D is solid.

The mix of Baker, Obj, Jarvis Landry,and kareem hunt could provide the Browns enough synergy to make something special happen.

I will give Browns fans their due. They are top five fans in terms of dedication.

I posted this in the 2018 NFL thread... I keep forgetting it's 2019...lol

Interesting last few days in the NFL...

Beckham to the Browns.. Kind of weird I guess, I wouldn't think the Browns with the young team and QB would want a moron like Beckham around their team.

Bell to the Jets...maybe, bu if it happens for 4 years and $52 mil??? That's nowhere near what he said he wanted.. IIRC the Steelers actually offered him more.

Brown to the Raiders.. Steelers should have listened to me and traded Brown 3 years ago...LOL... They would have got a lot more for him then. And I can't wait to see how the head case Brown is going to get along with the nut case Gruden.

I posted this in the 2018 NFL thread... I keep forgetting it's 2019...lol

Interesting last few days in the NFL...

Beckham to the Browns.. Kind of weird I guess, I wouldn't think the Browns with the young team and QB would want a moron like Beckham around their team.

Bell to the Jets...maybe, bu if it happens for 4 years and $52 mil??? That's nowhere near what he said he wanted.. IIRC the Steelers actually offered him more.

Brown to the Raiders.. Steelers should have listened to me and traded Brown 3 years ago...LOL... They would have got a lot more for him then. And I can't wait to see how the head case Brown is going to get along with the nut case Gruden.

I think OBJ as a weapon for Baker will far outweigh his divaness.

Brown is the best WR in the league. But Carr is no Big Ben. Net value--no gain.

Bell to the Jets is an interesting development. I'm sure he will be a huge asset for Darnell who absolutely needed a relief valve.

I think OBJ as a weapon for Baker will far outweigh his divaness.

Brown is the best WR in the league. But Carr is no Big Ben. Net value--no gain.

Bell to the Jets is an interesting development. I'm sure he will be a huge asset for Darnell who absolutely needed a relief valve.

Good points but I am going to play devils advocate:

Beckham did nothing but cause trouble in NY. NY didn't win with him, and he missed a LOT of games. Also he had about as mellow of a QB he could have, nothing bothered Manning. Mayfield doesn't seem to be of that temperament. lol..I can see some serious problems the 1st time Beckham whines about not getting the ball enough.
Speaking of the Giants does this mean they are tearing it down and will be drafting a QB this year, something they should have done last year.

Again Brown and Gruden? Nothing more needs to be said.. BTW he's the best WR in the game? Who this year was NOT voted to the pro-bowl and NOT voted the Steelers MVP.. That kind of spells it all out about Brown.

IF Bell stays healthy and keeps his head on straight he could be the offensive weapon the Jets DEFINITELY need and haven't had in years. But will he stay happy? Awhile ago he dissed the Jets saying he wouldn't play for them unless he got over $60 mil. Basically saying the organization stunk. But then he forced to go play for them because he found out there wasn't a market for him, no one but the Jets made him a decent offer.

I do find it strange to see 2 of the most storied and respected franchises(Steelers and Giants) in all of sports looking like a complete idiots and their teams turned into circuses by 'divas'.. Both teams should have dumped these guys years ago. Well, maybe they learned something from this mess.

The NFL is going the way of Soccer where the players dictate the terms and contracts go out the window. My prediction is we see more and more superstars trying to link up with each other.

As a Giant fan, good riddance, I wanted to see this last year. There team has been a loser for years now. Beckham, however great he is, he's such a douche. Egotistical, and that doesn't bode well with winning football. Got some draft picks and a solid players. They have solidified their guard position. The offense will be better just by having a better O line. Not sure of any of the QBs that are talked about if there is a one this season.

As a Giant fan, good riddance, I wanted to see this last year. There team has been a loser for years now. Beckham, however great he is, he's such a douche. Egotistical, and that doesn't bode well with winning football. Got some draft picks and a solid players. They have solidified their guard position. The offense will be better just by having a better O line. Not sure of any of the QBs that are talked about if there is a one this season.

I'm hearing that the Giants made the Beckham trade in order to move on either the Cards #1 pick for Murray or make a trade for Rosen.

Well the Bears got Cordarrelle Patterson from the Pats, which means he's on his way to being rehabilitated and becoming a decent human being once again. Good job- now I only hope the team keeps Jordan Howard- it would be a shame to lose him.

Well the Bears got Cordarrelle Patterson from the Pats, which means he's on his way to being rehabilitated and becoming a decent human being once again. Good job- now I only hope the team keeps Jordan Howard- it would be a shame to lose him.

You overpaid

The team in Washington released Zach Brown. He would be a great addition for whatever team he signs with. Was a tackling machine in 2017

The patriots dont overpay and they win

The Pats only win because they cheat and engage in all sorts of criminality. Theyre a glorified mafia crew.

Back
Top Bottom