• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nearly Half Of The US Homeless Live In California

What does that have to do with what were are talking about?

You were talking about liberal policies. I asked you what you thought of conservative policies that create worse situations, like EMTALA, which was just Republicans in Congress shunting responsibility onto thousands of Emergency Rooms instead of sitting down and hammering out real healthcare reform.

Do I have to read your snarky post back to you so you will remember it?

Or, you know, red states could fix their states so they wouldn't need to take that money. But like I said, Conservatism isn't an ideology or a set of principles anymore. It's just garbage kleptocracy and kakocracy.

We don't need the money, we even elect politicians to fight against such policies that would do so. It is you who insist there is a need and force the money on us. Here is an idea, we can unite under dismantling the federal safety net and this way blue states can keep their money and institute welfare programs in their own state. This would force red states to "fix" their states if they believe they have an issue, until then you can cry me a river about regretting your policy decisions.

They aren't "taking" money from blue states

Yeah, actually, they ARE.
Every tornado, every flood, every hurricane, unleashes a torrent of red staters with their hands out.
The few times a disaster like that hits a blue state, like Hurricane Sandy, those same red staters are eager to veto the exact same funds.

Republicans try to nix relief for Hurricane Sandy

You were talking about liberal policies. I asked you what you thought of conservative policies that create worse situations, like EMTALA, which was just Republicans in Congress shunting responsibility onto thousands of Emergency Rooms instead of sitting down and hammering out real healthcare reform.

Do I have to read your snarky post back to you so you will remember it?

We are talking about federal funding and the transfer of wealth from blue states to red, is there anything in the EMTALA that does this? If you want to repeal it, hell I will join you in advocating for it.

They aren't "taking" money from blue states, blue states enacted policies that send their money to red states. If you put $20 in my wallet despite me telling you I don't want it then you have no right to complain about me having that $20 as that was your choice.

So state welfare instead, the Red states are not too proud to take welfare from the Blue States

Yeah, actually, they ARE.
Every tornado, every flood, every hurricane, unleashes a torrent of red staters with their hands out.
The few times a disaster like that hits a blue state, like Hurricane Sandy, those same red staters are eager to veto the exact same funds.

Republicans try to nix relief for Hurricane Sandy

I don't believe it is the responsibility of the federal government to use federal funds for any natural disaster.

Well when the blue states force it on the red, they don't exactly have much choice.

They could send it back to the federal government, or to the blue states, like any proud person not wanting welfare would

We don't need the money, we even elect politicians to fight against such policies that would do so. It is you who insist there is a need and force the money on us. Here is an idea, we can unite under dismantling the federal safety net and this way blue states can keep their money and institute welfare programs in their own state. This would force red states to "fix" their states if they believe they have an issue, until then you can cry me a river about regretting your policy decisions.

So being completely absent of principle, red states can't be arsed to fix their own broken states unless left with absolutely no choice. And what have red states done with our money anyway? Have they fixed their states at all? Nope. Not even a little bit.

Like I said, conservatism has turned into garbage. Just kleptocracy and kakacracy now. I wonder if they believe in anything anymore.

They could send it back to the federal government, or to the blue states, like any proud person not wanting welfare would

There are some that do, I was raised in an incredibly poor household and my father refused any government assistance out of pride. That was his choice, others feel as if they need it and since it was your politicians that gave them that choice you have only yourself to blame. If Democrats were to put up legislation tomorrow to move the social safety nets to be implemented at the state level rather than federal, nearly every Republican would sign on in a heartbeat. So until then boohoo about all the money being siphoned away from blue states, it is your own fault the system is set up this way.

So being completely absent of principle, red states can't be arsed to fix their own broken states unless left with absolutely no choice. And what have red states done with our money anyway? Have they fixed their states at all? Nope. Not even a little bit.

Like I said, conservatism has turned into garbage. Just kleptocracy and kakacracy now. I wonder if they believe in anything anymore.

Um, giving poor people money regardless of their productivity isn't exactly going to fix anything other than make companies like Walmart and Nike rich.

Um, giving poor people money regardless of their productivity isn't exactly going to fix anything other than make companies like Walmart and Nike rich.

Answer the question: what have red states done with all our money to fix their problems? Consider this an audit. I want to know what my tax dollars have done to fix Mississippi.

Answer the question: what have red states done with all our money to fix their problems?

I did, it ended up in the pockets of Walmart and Nike as poor people use money to buy goods......

Oh my God, most of the time you're one of the most rational connies on this board, but this is not one of those times, I'm afraid. With all due respect, remember the last time when TWENTY-FOUR STATES decided to TURN DOWN matching federal funds, acting in unison?

You don't remember?

33 states and DC have accepted federal funding to expand Medicaid under the ACA, and at least three more are in the process of expanding in 2019/2020.

That leaves eighteen refusenik states. But at the outset, back in 2010, as of the official date of ACA implementation, it was twenty-four states. Six states apparently got worn down by the voice of the people.

You say we are "forcing the money on you guys"...most people say something else altogether, because as the evidence shows, when you guys want to rebel against Uncle Sam, you do it without even flinching.

And let's face another fact...for the last 154 years there's been a subset of Americans who really want to "dismantle the entire federal government altogether"...not just the safety net. All they want is the military, or so they think, until reality sets in.

Keep y'all's dadgum federal Yankee hands off my Medicare!

Yeah, right.
Nobody has ever "forced money on you".

I did, it ended up in the pockets of Walmart and Nike as poor people use money to buy goods......

So you can't think of a single concrete thing Mississippi has done with my money to fix its problems then. Not one thing.

So you can't think of a single concrete thing Mississippi has done with my money to fix its problems then. Not one thing.

Greatly contributed to the obesity to the state as more people could afford more fast food

Seems a fair bit of all our tax money ended up in the hands of the Walton family, as we taxpayers are underwriting the healthcare and food stamps of most Wally World employees.

Now go dig up some Heritage Foundation claptrap about how there is no poverty in America because the poor have refrigerators.

PoorHaveFridge4.jpg

Oh my God, most of the time you're one of the most rational connies on this board, but this is not one of those times, I'm afraid. With all due respect, remember the last time when TWENTY-FOUR STATES decided to TURN DOWN matching federal funds, acting in unison?

You don't remember?

33 states and DC have accepted federal funding to expand Medicaid under the ACA, and at least three more are in the process of expanding in 2019/2020.

That leaves eighteen refusenik states. But at the outset, back in 2010, as of the official date of ACA implementation, it was twenty-four states. Six states apparently got worn down by the voice of the people.

You say we are "forcing the money on you guys"...most people say something else altogether, because as the evidence shows, when you guys want to rebel against Uncle Sam, you do it without even flinching.

And let's face another fact...for the last 154 years there's been a subset of Americans who really want to "dismantle the entire federal government altogether"...not just the safety net. All they want is the military, or so they think, until reality sets in.

Keep y'all's dadgum federal Yankee hands off my Medicare!

Yeah, right.
Nobody has ever "forced money on you".

Lol, I'm not a conservative by any means...

How many votes did the ACA get from Republicans? I seem to recall them being adamantly against it.

Last edited:
Greatly contributed to the obesity to the state as more people could afford more fast food

Red state leadership is disgusting.

Greatly contributed to ...

Look, I don't care if you just renewed your membership in the New Confederacy or not.
I care if you want to speak honestly about the relationship between confederates of all stripes and the rest of the country.
This is just swagger and bluster. Everyone else knows that is the case.
Y'all have behaved rather badly on human rights in the past, which is not unique as I am sure there is plenty to go round "up Nawth" as well, but you guys had state sanction and blessing, and cooperation from the bottom up at all levels in government.

It was organized and about as sheltered and protected as a concrete bunker. State sanctioned segregation was a tough nut to crack, and that taught us Yankees something about y'all. Y'all don't take kindly to correction. And that is a personal growth problem, ingrained at the cultural and tribal level.

I lived down in the Deep South for thirteen years, and I grew up in Maryland, which while not Dixie, is indeed South of the Mason-Dixon Line.
You ain't foolin' this Yankee, not one bit, not even for a nanosecond.

Now y'all want our help in doing a slow motion coup against the entire federal government.
Y'all are misplaced anarchists. Did y'all forget that you're supposed to be secessionists?

ConfederateBURN.jpg

Look, I don't care if you just renewed your membership in the New Confederacy or not.
I care if you want to speak honestly about the relationship between confederates of all stripes and the rest of the country.
This is just swagger and bluster. Everyone else knows that is the case.
Y'all have behaved rather badly on human rights in the past, which is not unique as I am sure there is plenty to go round "up Nawth" as well, but you guys had state sanction and blessing, and cooperation from the bottom up at all levels in government.

It was organized and about as sheltered and protected as a concrete bunker. State sanctioned segregation was a tough nut to crack, and that taught us Yankees something about y'all. Y'all don't take kindly to correction. And that is a personal growth problem, ingrained at the cultural and tribal level.

I lived down in the Deep South for thirteen years, and I grew up in Maryland, which while not Dixie, is indeed South of the Mason-Dixon Line.
You ain't foolin' this Yankee, not one bit, not even for a nanosecond.

Now y'all want our help in doing a slow motion coup against the entire federal government.
Y'all are misplaced anarchists. Did y'all forget that you're supposed to be secessionists?

View attachment 67264081

Got anything besides trying to imply someone is racist?

Jackson Mississippi?

That is what you listed as were your from.

Out of all the American cities Jackson MS ranks #10 as the most natural disasters and FEDERAL FUNDS issued.

Mississippi Insurance Department - Natural Disaster Preparedness

I'm imagining you in your best suit.

View attachment 67264079

And I don't believe they should have recieved a dime of federal funds. Tornadoes happen frequently in Mississippi and that is a danger you sign up for living in the state, it shouldn't be the responsibility of tax payers across the country to support your decision.

We are talking about federal funding and the transfer of wealth from blue states to red, is there anything in the EMTALA that does this? If you want to repeal it, hell I will join you in advocating for it.

So you're essentially saying that you never knew EMTALA even existed.
Okay well...I guess it is time for you to go look it up and learn about it.

Yeah? Repeal EMTALA? Something you Republicans put in place?
Here's a suggestion. Seeing as how ER care costs five times what ordinary basic care costs, and is rising in cost at almost TWICE the rest of healthcare, did you know that it is much much cheaper to just expand state Medicaid to include everybody, even illegals, who constitute a large number of the folks who overcrowding the **** out of emergency rooms every day.

No one in their right mind would ever consider expansion of Medicaid programs if they knew it was much more expensive.
The whole reason it even comes up is because it is simpler and cheaper.
EMTALA is Reagan era legislation and it was never a good solution.
But the solution does not reside in going back to how it was before EMTALA.

There is no way that idea would ever work, and if you even think about the result in a serious manner, you will become quickly horrified, unless you're a pure sociopath.

If so, do any of the following statements resonate with you on a deep level?

*I fantasize about a natural disaster wiping out most of humanity such that a small group of people can start all over
*I think society should be burned to the ground
*Sometimes I just feel like destroying beautiful things
*There is no right and wrong in the world

Back
Top Bottom