• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justin Trudeau marks International Women's Day with $650M for reproductive rights

No, it isn't. You're the only person suggesting it is. You're the only person using MGM to refer to circumcision.

So you're suggesting that it doesn't involve men, it doesn't involve their genitals and it's not mutilation. You do realize it falls under all three, right?
Spare us.

Perhaps you'd like a sniff of the social ramifications. I know you'll think it smells like poo but at least we, as a society, can be said to have introduced you to the concept. In some places where it is practiced, most men will not date a woman that has been "cut"; it's not aesthetically pleasing and it usually impairs sexual enjoyment. Do women here shun circumcised men? No. The ironic part is women could say they don't like circumcised men and the practice would stop overnight. They don't have similar power regarding FGM.

You mean like how in many pleases circumcision is practiced women prefer men that are cut because they don't like the looks uncut penis? Most boys are circumcised because of their fathers opinion, not because of their mothers. You're failing pretty hard, you know. There is also women that don't in fact sleep with men that are uncut, so yeah, a shunning does kind of happen.

Last edited:
Umm...no it doesn't.

UHM, YES it does.

A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
A reduced risk of some sexually transmitted diseases in men.
Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).
Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).
Circumcision: Get the Facts, Benefits, Risks & More

Have a nice day.

Again, that depends on how far you go with FGM. Just removing the clitoral hood has none of those side effects. It will lower the woman's body to lubricate but doesn't eliminate it completely.

Key facts

Female genital mutilation (FGM) includes procedures that intentionally alter or cause injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.
The procedure has no health benefits for girls and women.
Procedures can cause severe bleeding and problems urinating, and later cysts, infections, as well as complications in childbirth and increased risk of newborn deaths.
More than 200 million girls and women alive today have been cut in 30 countries in Africa, the Middle East and Asia where FGM is concentrated1.
FGM is mostly carried out on young girls between infancy and age 15.
FGM is a violation of the human rights of girls and women.
WHO | Female genital mutilation

You have no tally, no clue on the subject, it's best you just stop Henrin.

So you're suggesting that it doesn't involve men, it doesn't involve their genitals and it's not mutilation. You do realize it falls under all three, right?

Anyone can invent terms in such a childish manner, ignoring all context. That you do so in a thread titled such is funny.

You mean like how in many pleases circumcision is practiced women prefer men that are cut because they don't like the looks uncut penis? Most boys are circumcised because of their fathers opinion, not because of their mothers. You're failing pretty hard, you know. There is also women that don't in fact sleep with men that are uncut, so yeah, a shunning does kind of happen.

I don't deny male power majority and accompanying systemic privilege. You not getting tongue-in-cheek remarks makes your service as a foil all the more delightful.

That's so stupid.

1. Risk of urinary tract infections in men is low regardless. If an infection does happen all medicines that work for women tract infections also work for men.
2. Depends entirely on what study you look at. Two studies from Africa said there was in fact an increase risk, but others have said there is not much difference.
3. This is mostly because of HPV which now has a vaccine. Regardless, penile cancer will only affect about 1% of men. That however is expected to fall considerably with the increase of men getting the HPV vaccine.
4. Pretty much never happens in the first place and again we have medicines for it.
5. This is mostly causes by improper handling of the foreskin after birth. In other cases doctors don't realize that men mature at different paces and act too quickly.

Last edited:
That's so stupid.

1. Risk of urinary tract infections in men is much low regardless. If an infection does happen all medicines that work for women tract infections also work for men.
2. Depends entirely on what study you look at. Two studies from Africa said there was in fact an increase risk, but others have said there is not much difference.
3. This is mostly because of HPV which now has a vaccine. Regardless, penile cancer will only affect about 1% of men. That however is expected to fall considerably with the increase of men getting the HPV vaccine.
4. Pretty much never happens in the first place and again we have medicines for it.
5. This is mostly causes by improper handling of the foreskin after birth. In other cases doctors don't realize that men mature at different paces and act too quickly.

I provide links to experts. You pull out your backside and claim to be knowledgeable.

Anyone can invent terms in such a childish manner, ignoring all context. That you do so in a thread titled such is funny.

I hardly ignored context. lol.

I don't deny male power majority and accompanying systemic privilege. You not getting tongue-in-cheek remarks makes your service as a foil all the more delightful.

Majority power and systemic privilege have nothing to do with this topic for men whatsoever. Men mostly decide it for their son because they had it done. Women on the other hand, many times just go along with it because they don't they are depending on the fathers opinion on the matter. Trying to claim men mutilating their sons is systemic privilege is absurd and offensive.

I provide links to experts. You pull out your backside and claim to be knowledgeable.

You pulled from people that profit from it being done. Spare me.

Men mostly decide it for their son because they had it done. Women on the other hand, many times just go along with it because they don't they are depending on the fathers opinion on the matter.

So women don't really have an opinion. Great.

Trying to claim men mutilating their sons is systemic privilege is absurd and offensive.

Don't snowflake on me.

Men mostly decide it for their son because they had it done. Women on the other hand, many times just go along with it because they don't they are depending on the fathers opinion on the matter.

So, men decide. Do women decide regarding FGM? Is this difference significant.

So, men decide. Do women decide regarding FGM? Is this difference significant.

I see. So you're using the angle that because fathers are doing to their sons what was done to them that their is systematic privilege in play. :lol: It couldn't possibly be that those fathers are misguided and have this strange idea in their head that their son is somehow defective if left whole.

I see. So you're using the angle that because fathers are doing to their sons what was done to them that their is systematic privilege in play. :lol: It couldn't possibly be that those fathers are misguided and have this strange idea in their head that their son is somehow defective if left whole.

Let's leave systemic privilege aside; I know that's kind of a trigger for you. Let's, instead, look again at your claim that men decide. Do we agree that women do not decide regarding FGM? And, if so, what difference does that make.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau marked International Women's Day by promising $650 million for reproductive health and rights around the world.

The money, which will be invested over a three-year period, will support projects that provide sex education, strengthen reproductive health services, and support family planning and contraceptives. It will also fund programs to prevent and respond to sexual and gender-based violence, including forced marriage and female genital mutilation, and supporting the right of women to get safe and legal abortions.

The figure represents a doubling of current funding, Trudeau said in Ottawa this morning.

Canada is also supporting initiatives that will accelerate the use of contraceptives by 2020.

Justin Trudeau marks International Women's Day with $650M for reproductive rights - Politics - CBC News

=================================================================================================

I find it sad that each country doesn't provide this for it's citizens, especially sex ed and affordable contraception.

Trudeau is a unapologetic demagogue thats for sure.

You would think that that level of pandering would be so patronizing and so insulting he would have been run out of office by now.

Same with Bernie Sanders. Im at a loss when it comes to understanding how he has the support he does.

Let's leave systemic privilege aside; I know that's kind of a trigger for you. Let's, instead, look again at your claim that men decide. Do we agree that women do not decide regarding FGM? And, if so, what difference does that make.

Do you really think I was saying that women never make the decision? When I said the majority of cases were decided by fathers that does not mean that mothers never decide.

Trudeau is a unapologetic demagogue thats for sure.

You would think that that level of pandering would be so patronizing and so insulting he would have been run out of office by now.

Same with Bernie Sanders. Im at a loss when it comes to understanding how he has the support he does.

I wonder if anyone buys into the idea that his cabinet being fifty/fifty men and women is not forced by him to be so. If someone doesn't see the pandering there I don't know what to say to them because they're too stupid to understand much of anything at all.

Do you really think I was saying that women never make the decision? When I said the majority of cases were decided by fathers that does not mean that mothers never decide.

Do women sometimes decide regarding FGM?

You realize that is caused by entirely different forces, right?

Are you dodging the answer? Let's presume women don't decide, basically at all, regarding FGM. What meaning is in the difference.

Are you dodging the answer? Let's presume women don't decide, basically at all, regarding FGM. What meaning is in the difference.

It means that the society in general is likely shaped towards men shutting out women in deciding medical decisions.

I wonder if anyone buys into the idea that his cabinet being fifty/fifty men and women is not forced by him to be so. If someone doesn't see the pandering there I don't know what to say to them because they're too stupid to understand much of anything at all.

The more support someone like Sanders recieves the less hopeful I am in our Nations future, and I thought Canadians were smarter than this.

I cant stand listening to Sanders for even a few minutes. I find his pandering and appeals to emotion and identity repellant and insulting

Back
Top Bottom