• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justin Trudeau marks International Women's Day with $650M for reproductive rights

Scrabaholic

certified batshit crazy
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau marked International Women's Day by promising $650 million for reproductive health and rights around the world.

The money, which will be invested over a three-year period, will support projects that provide sex education, strengthen reproductive health services, and support family planning and contraceptives. It will also fund programs to prevent and respond to sexual and gender-based violence, including forced marriage and female genital mutilation, and supporting the right of women to get safe and legal abortions.

The figure represents a doubling of current funding, Trudeau said in Ottawa this morning.

Canada is also supporting initiatives that will accelerate the use of contraceptives by 2020.

Justin Trudeau marks International Women's Day with $650M for reproductive rights - Politics - CBC News

=================================================================================================

I find it sad that each country doesn't provide this for it's citizens, especially sex ed and affordable contraception.

I find it sad that people can't support their causes with their own money.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau marked International Women's Day by promising $650 million for reproductive health and rights around the world.

The money, which will be invested over a three-year period, will support projects that provide sex education, strengthen reproductive health services, and support family planning and contraceptives. It will also fund programs to prevent and respond to sexual and gender-based violence, including forced marriage and female genital mutilation, and supporting the right of women to get safe and legal abortions.

The figure represents a doubling of current funding, Trudeau said in Ottawa this morning.

Canada is also supporting initiatives that will accelerate the use of contraceptives by 2020.

Justin Trudeau marks International Women's Day with $650M for reproductive rights - Politics - CBC News

=================================================================================================

I find it sad that each country doesn't provide this for it's citizens, especially sex ed and affordable contraception.

I would very much have applauded, were it his money. Even were it restricted to information and education, it would be great. Otherwise it's not really acceptable. But he is one of the self righteous politicians that put their own opinions above the uneducated masses'. ;)

I find it near criminal that he takes people's money away from them and uses it on his self righteous foibles.

International Development Minister Marie-Claude Bibeau called on men and boys to rally behind the feminist cause to empower women and girls.

Boys will be boys = bad

How about no.

So the UN claims 133 million women suffer from FGM around the world.

Does anyone want to tell me how many men are circumcised at birth around the world? Hint: it's more than a 133 million.

Hallmark will be pleased.

Sounds like a man that has had a paternity suit or three!

Does anyone want to tell me how many men are circumcised at birth around the world? Hint: it's more than a 133 million.

Not.even.remotely.comparable.

It is even sadder that there are people who shamelessly reap the benefits of living in society while they can not see past their selfishness and can only consider their own interests.

I would very much have applauded, were it his money. Even were it restricted to information and education, it would be great. Otherwise it's not really acceptable. But he is one of the self righteous politicians that put their own opinions above the uneducated masses'. ;)
Look that the results of putting the opinion of the uneducated masses first.

It's not as if the money disappears. It's an investment that will reap back far more than $650 million back to society in the long run.

Circumcision and female genital mutilation are different things. Unlike FGM, Circumcision doesn't cause severe long-term health problems.

Circumcision and female genital mutilation are different things. Unlike FGM, Circumcision doesn't cause severe long-term health problems.

It still causes damage and loss of function to the individual and still destroys genital integrity. I don't know about you, but billions of men mutilated at birth is higher than 133 million women mutilated at birth in my book. :shrug:

Not.even.remotely.comparable.

How about you explain why should men fight to end FGM when women mostly support MGM? Exactly why should men do that?

It's not as if the money disappears. It's an investment that will reap back far more than $650 million back to society in the long run.

You mean because it causes less births and therefore less taxpayers and less GDP? Not exactly sure how that causes a return on the investment.

Last edited:

Care to elaborate?

You mean because it causes less births and therefore less taxpayers and less GDP? Not exactly sure how that causes a return on the investment.

Less births on an overpopulated planet is a GOOD thing.

FGM takes the woman's ability to enjoy sex away. Circumcision does not do that to the man.

It does to point for both sexes. It also depends on how far you go with FGM as before a certain point it doesn't have much affect on pleasure.

Why you think you can rationalize MGM because of pleasure arguments is kind of interesting though. Are you suggesting that FGM would be fine if it didn't affect pleasure?

Oh and btw, I'm fully aware of the double standard in your mind from past threads. You want men to fight for you, but you won't do anything in return. How you think that is a fair arrangement is beyond me.

Last edited:

Get back to me with this sentiment in a defense spending thread.

Get back to me with this sentiment in a defense spending thread.

Is defense of the nation the same as providing people the means to acquire birth control?

Is defense of the nation the same as providing people the means to acquire birth control?

It's spending. And this is about opinions of what should be spent. so in that aspect yes. You wish to spend my money where I don't want it spent. And far more of it.

It's spending. And this is about opinions of what should be spent. so in that aspect yes. You wish to spend my money where I don't want it spent. And far more of it.

So you're opposed to a military? What happens when some other country attacks the US? Do you have something in mind?

Back
Top Bottom