• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I’m Not a Doctor

Y'all are mad that Trump might come out looking good.

Especially now that we know trump is undercounting deaths — since we know every pharmaceutical company has had its stock jump since mid-March —

with Sanofil donating PAC to PAC for 2016, 2018, and 2020 at $617,500 to REDs and $283,500 to team BLUE. :lamo

I am the most cynical person I know.......this is more political survival than self-interest, (financially.)

why not both?

more cynical than you

As I'm listening to him, I think he's trying to subvert the clinical trials by having the populace take it as an unofficial field trial. For why, I'm not sure. I suspect so he can walk away from this as the hero that saved the country, rather than the President that presided over the largest loss of human life in the past American century save for WW-II.

his hail mary pass

how often do they work?

Without a prescription they aren't getting any of it. It would be up to a doctor to see how their heart is. Now, it is possible that a doctor doesn't do a big work up on the heart if there's no symptoms or anything, but that would not be Trump's fault.

There are also drug interactions that can be dangerous. It can also cause blindness and many other problems such as, ah, you know, death and ****.

How would people get the drug without a doctor ordering it? If you already have acquired it for COVID-19 your attending physician is going to want to know how you got, and for what reason, and when, and if you have taken any on your own. Or you could self medicate before you have been officially declared COVID-19 positive which may lessen the effect of the drug once it is administered by the attending physician. Or the amount you may have taken and the duration of self-administration could increase the likelihood of experiencing severe side effects. Or your attending physician could deny prescribing you the drug because it has not been proven to be effective against COVID-19.

BUT-T-T-T-T-T-T, there are people out there are doing whatever they can to get their hands on it! Who are they listening to? Donald Trump, President Snake Oil.

Medical care workers are reporting that they have nothing to do...that their hours are being cut.

My daughter is an ICU Charge Nurse at hospital south of Tampa. Her unit had 5 patients & 3 nurses today.
They’re sending Nurses home.

— Lying Dog-Faced Pony Soldier Deplorable (@WilliamJMcKinn5) April 4, 2020

Same at LAC+USC Med Center–>part of the same LA County hospital system as UCLA. My nurse friends there say nothing is going on!! County laying off staff!!! WTF is going on???? LA is not New York. We aren't seeing this surge at all. NY data is sketchy —https://bit.ly/2RbrBzL

— Rebecca Diserio (@rebeccadiserio) April 4, 2020

From a DM: "I am a nurse in a hospital, and I am FURIOUS at what is happening in our country. What is being reported is NOT what’s happening. Our large hospital is so underwhelmed with patients, we are being put on call instead of working our scheduled shifts." #coronavirus

— Robert Barnes (@Barnes_Law) April 4, 2020

Space Coast empty – can confirm!

Brevard County FL 700,000 pop, 60 cases, 7 hospitalizations, 0 deaths. Nurses being sent home 'on call'

— Belle (@Oily_Princess) April 4, 2020

Looks like the states/counties that those people are in should be contacting officials to be moved where they are needed.

Oh, sure it would.
Are you new?

Of COURSE it would be Trumps fault ... who else?

someone who showed up in april asking if another forum member is new?

what's up with that?

excuse me while i put on some fresh socks

trump said he doesn’t need to wear a mask — in direct opposition to EVERY MEMBER of his team —>

are you going to tell us that supporters of trump are just going to ignore him — why do you think eight gop governors still won’t do what the other 42 states have done —

my Illinois needs to ban all vehicles coming from dumb **** Iowa until further notice

And oddly enough, while you pee your pants about the president not wearing a mask, a lot of his "team" aren't wearing one either.

You must have missed it when it was advised that masks are BEST worn by those who currently are infected with the virus, as a preventive measure to inhibit spreading it around.

And oddly enough, while you pee your pants about the president not wearing a mask, a lot of his "team" aren't wearing one either.

You must have missed it when it was advised that masks are BEST worn by those who currently are infected with the virus, as a preventive measure to inhibit spreading it around.

pee my pants, eh captaintrips? trump has ordered his team not to wear a mask — trump laughs off wearing a mask —

with BlowJo from the UK now in the hospital, who knew C-19 would still be around, let alone still short of the apex —

imagine the numbers if trump wasn’t holding them down

someone who showed up in april asking if another forum member is new?

what's up with that?

excuse me while i put on some fresh socks

Exactly — as with #183

I don't know.

But before you attribute hate, let's start with mistrust. When someone's a pathological liar and cannot be trusted, yeah you question his motives. As it's prudent you should. Am I to assume Trump miraculously found God, and is now being honest?

well, he was going to tune into a california palm sunday service today

Let me get this straight. You are going about your life as you always have. You are not social distancing. You are in public places hanging out and socializing as much as you are permitted and more if you can get away with it. You don't wear a mask and do not intend to. You don't wash your hands any more than you have in the past. Right? It's all an inconvenience to you.

pee my pants, eh captaintrips? trump has ordered his team not to wear a mask — trump laughs off wearing a mask —

with BlowJo from the UK now in the hospital, who knew C-19 would still be around, let alone still short of the apex —

imagine the numbers if trump wasn’t holding them down

The president doesn't have the authority to order ANYBODY to wear, or not to wear protective masks. That's up to each person to decide.

As I said; "..it was advised that masks are BEST worn by those who currently are infected with the virus, as a preventive measure to inhibit spreading it around."

The following is from the World Health Organization

If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection
Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

When and how to use masks

Watch the video at the link. The lady explains that masks, when used alone, cannot protect against the virus.

People think just wearing a mask protects them. It doesn't. The W.H.O only recommends the use of masks in specific cases.....

You'll need to find something else to complain about

Yeah, did you catch that where Trump ended Fauci's time at the dias after the Hydroxy question? And I think much less of Fauci now when he capitulated & stood down, rather then answer the question. Trump knew what was going to happen.

Dr Fauci is trying to stay on board. we need him to be available to us because he is THE straight shooter we depend on

anyone who saw that recognizes tRump did not want the doctor to have an opportunity to diplomatically disagree with tRump's own proclamation 'what's it gonna hurt?'

Let me get this straight. You are going about your life as you always have. You are not social distancing. You are in public places hanging out and socializing as much as you are permitted and more if you can get away with it. You don't wear a mask and do not intend to. You don't wash your hands any more than you have in the past. Right? It's all an inconvenience to you.

A lot of assumptions you made based on facts about wearing masks or not.

Noise

The president doesn't have the authority to order ANYBODY to wear, or not to wear protective masks. That's up to each person to decide.

As I said; "..it was advised that masks are BEST worn by those who currently are infected with the virus, as a preventive measure to inhibit spreading it around."

The following is from the World Health Organization

If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection
Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

When and how to use masks

Watch the video at the link. The lady explains that masks, when used alone, cannot protect against the virus.

People think just wearing a mask protects them. It doesn't. The W.H.O only recommends the use of masks in specific cases.....

You'll need to find something else to complain about

The only thing trump has given New York that it’s short supply is refrigerated truck trailers to turn into temporary morgues.

The only thing trump has given New York that it’s short supply is refrigerated truck trailers to turn into temporary morgues.

More noise

”Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure," the woman whose husband died told NBC.

Man dies after taking chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus

And he's at it again. He's not going to be happy until he kills all of you.

That is one of the lowest intellectually dishonest post I have ever read on this forum and you even with all your damn TDS should be ashamed.

Ignorance is not bliss and you sure are not in a state of bliss. The man took fish tank cleaner pills. Who knows what chemicals were in those pills.

But oh your dishonesty just keeps on Rollin along.

People like you I wonder about. How far will they sink in the mud to push a bunch of ****. Evidently at least knee deep maybe hip deep. In your case neck deep.

Another intellectually dishonest poster. Man how do you look at yourself in the mirror after spreading so much bull****?

The adults in the room have a very limited shelf life.
:lamo — I’m sure you can imagine what I’m finding with these Pharma companies that make HCQ. Tip of the iceberg. While the Dow’s been plunging, their stocks have all been going up.

So far, Sanofil gives about 218% to team RED versus team BLUE in regards to PAC to PAC donations.

GOP Senators up for re-election are well compensated —> Ernst, Tillis, Gardner, McConnell, Cassidy, Graham, Cornyn, Daines, Inhofe, Cassidy, Fischer, Collins/Loeffler

Oh, not suggesting that it would be a primary concern, just one more data point. I suspect it's mostly because they have been trained in ethics and are very reluctant to use treatments that don't have much real evidence. I would imagine when a patient is critical adding new medications and their inherent risks is avoided without strong evidence the outcome will change. From what I understand, the lung damage in patients who expire has usually progressed to an irreversible point and often in a very short amount of time.

The percentage who recover from COVID-19 after falling so ill as to require being put on a ventilator seems never to be mentioned. That, IMHO, is a very important fact (data point?). Another is how long these (mostly terminal?) patients are being kept on a ventilator - I'm not so sure that is a very short amount of time.

Another intellectually dishonest poster. Man how do you look at yourself in the mirror after spreading so much bull****?

You accuse me of intellectual dishonesty and spreading so much bull****, vesper, while supporting and enabling trump’s lies, intellectual dishonesty, intentional diversions, disinformation, word salad, and intentional fights with reporters.

The only thing you haven’t done is prove wrong anything I’ve said in this thread, such as trump intentionally undercounting the dead.

Back
Top Bottom