• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Republicans again block passage of disaster aid bill

Yes, I do think that it is the Democrats doing whatever they can to make sure that Trump doesn't get to claim a victory on anything...Regardless of who it impacts...

BS again. The GOP had a power trifecta for two solid years. If they had really wanted to fund Trump's border wall, they could have. Regardless of who it would impact.

Thank you, and I will say that I am human and imperfect in that regard, but sometimes it just get's to me....

Yeah, me too. I've had demerits from the mods a few times.

BS. How is this not a clean bill? A handful of Republicans are denying disaster relief to millions of Americans in need, solely because the Democrats refuse to include border wall funding in this bill. It's petty and mean.

it's the twisted logic of a Trump supporter. They cannot see the truth in anything and twisted it down to "Dems bad Trump Good". That's as far as they can reason at this point in time.

Yet, NATO partners have agreed to pay more, a new deal is on the table to replace NAFTA, the economy is in good shape, jobs are back, people are more confident in the economy, etc, etc....Either he is so lucky that he is falling ass backwards in success, or the incompetence you speak of is misdirection so that these things can be accomplished, which would make him pretty competent....Wouldn't you agree?

:lamo

Yes, Trump is a very lucky man. Lucky to have been born into wealth. Lucky to have Daddy bailing him out time after time. Lucky to burn his way through legitimate banking only to find funding via Russian oligarchs and banks like Deutsche Bank, infamous for laundering money for those oligarchs. Lucky to have enough wealth to counter-sue the many building sub-contractors he stiffed over the years. Lucky to have Russian help getting elected. Lucky to have the GOP in charge of both Senate and House for two years.

Running for president is the single biggest mistake of Trump's life, and that's a long damn list of mistakes. Now, for probably the first time in his very lucky life, some are trying to hold him accountable for his actions.

Poor widdle Donnie!

:2bigcry:

Fail....Blah, blah, blah...Trump supporters....blah, blah, blah....That about sums up your generic attacks....buh, bye now.

Democrats drone on and on and on, cult cult cult cult cult. Tiresome. They are tiresome.

Ok....Others may disagree, but hey it's a free country right?

It is, but if you insist on getting your news and information from questionable sources, don't be surprised, and don't whine, when the real facts catch you out.

This:

View attachment 67257629

is NOT this:

View attachment 67257630

And you know it....Why be dishonest about it?

That's simple.
This in Hungary:
HungaryFence-665257692-1-714x480.jpg
Seems to be working well enough. Not 100% of course, but it works.

I know I know...I doing the unthinkable...and proposing a compromise in order to get SOMETHING built that will work.
That is the point here...no?

Democrats drone on and on and on, cult cult cult cult cult. Tiresome. They are tiresome.

Stop acting like brainwashed cult members then.

BS. How is this not a clean bill? A handful of Republicans are denying disaster relief to millions of Americans in need, solely because the Democrats refuse to include border wall funding in this bill. It's petty and mean.

That is simply NOT true....From the OP:

"The objections are also bucking the wishes of President Donald Trump, who has publicly expressed support for the bill, even though it doesn't include funding for the border as he requested."

and

"A GOP aide confirmed that McCarthy and Scalise were on board."

So, the angle that mean ol Republican's are balking over a border wall is false....The objection is in the old DC song....How to pay for it....And the fact that they wanted to push it through on a voice vote before anyone could read, and digest what is in the bill, tells me that something is in there that shouldn't be.

Yeah suddenly in the last 2 years the constitution matters to democrats.

It always has, it's all that stands between us and tyranny.

BS again. The GOP had a power trifecta for two solid years. If they had really wanted to fund Trump's border wall, they could have. Regardless of who it would impact.

The operative word in there is "had"... Two things:

1. Those Republican's that wanted to stay on the DC party circuit invite list by opposing Trump to pander to rage filled liberals after the election, known as NeverTrumpers, are to blame for the division within the party in the beginning...Everyone knows that...

2. I'll give you that Republican's are fractured among themselves, which doesn't make for a smooth process, however, Democrats aren't without their own problems in that area....So, in the end though, Trump is still getting it done....Which is why, when the analysis comes in for 2020 Dems are going to have an awful hard time arguing against him, especially if they stick with the cavalcade of clowns on the stage now....

It is, but if you insist on getting your news and information from questionable sources, don't be surprised, and don't whine, when the real facts catch you out.

LOL....So, am I to ask you if you approve of where I get my news from? Or, are you just assuming that I only get my news from sources you don't like...

That is simply NOT true....From the OP:

"The objections are also bucking the wishes of President Donald Trump, who has publicly expressed support for the bill, even though it doesn't include funding for the border as he requested."

and

"A GOP aide confirmed that McCarthy and Scalise were on board."

So, the angle that mean ol Republican's are balking over a border wall is false....The objection is in the old DC song....How to pay for it....And the fact that they wanted to push it through on a voice vote before anyone could read, and digest what is in the bill, tells me that something is in there that shouldn't be.

As I said, a few Republicans are being nay sayers here. I never said ALL Republicans, ffs.

And how is it being "pushed"? If Trump has already agreed to sign it, haven't these guys read the thing and discussed it? Or is Trump agreeing to something and these Republicans don't approve? Oh, the HORROR!

My opinion on congressional bills is that all items on a bill should be about the same topic or project, no sticking immigration legislation into a farm bill, for example. I'm sick of these people sticking their local pet projects where they don't belong. So if this bill has anything in it that isn't about disaster relief funding, then screw 'em, dump the thing and do it CLEAN.

The operative word in there is "had"... Two things:

1. Those Republican's that wanted to stay on the DC party circuit invite list by opposing Trump to pander to rage filled liberals after the election, known as NeverTrumpers, are to blame for the division within the party in the beginning...Everyone knows that...

2. I'll give you that Republican's are fractured among themselves, which doesn't make for a smooth process, however, Democrats aren't without their own problems in that area....So, in the end though, Trump is still getting it done....Which is why, when the analysis comes in for 2020 Dems are going to have an awful hard time arguing against him, especially if they stick with the cavalcade of clowns on the stage now....

1. Nonsense. Trump has more than 80% approval among Republicans, and that CERTAINLY includes congress critters. If anything, Republicans are much more afraid to go against Trump. Try again. Maybe research what Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell said and did during those years regarding Trump's wall. There's no one more duplicitous, not even in congress.

2. I agree both parties are in disarray. Makes me want to bitch-slap the lot of them. But the majority of we the people are not Trump fans, so there's that. But I strongly disagree that "Trump is getting it done." So far, his biggest deals have been conservative justices and a huge tax break for the rich. And don't come back with that economy and jobs nonsense. We both know that was already going well by the time Obama left office. Slowly, yes, but that's still the case.

LOL....So, am I to ask you if you approve of where I get my news from? Or, are you just assuming that I only get my news from sources you don't like...

I don't care, I'm just saying that if WND is one of your usual go-to sources, you're more than likely being misinformed. Trust, but verify. (That's an old Russian proverb that Reagan liked to use.)

This is also irrational. First, one doesn't get to pretend that one is better than "the left" when one celebrates what their side does because the other side does it too. At that point, it has become full acknowledgment that Republicans are morally no better than "the left."

Second, it is not the DNC that has been accused by the Supreme Court for racially gerrymandering. It has not been the DNC that has been politically stacking the courts since 2014. It has not been the DNC that has been trying to adopt Jim Crow tactics. It has not been the DNC that has created laws at the state level to fill a winning Democrat's cabinet with Republicans in order to strip all power fro the executive. All of this has been for the purpose of winning elections from one state to the next wherever the Republicans gained power since 2014. Even at the White House level we see Bush winning in 2000 and Trump winning in 2016 through Electoral College, not popular vote. The GOP knows that they are representing less and less Americans and so, instead of doing their jobs and actually trying to represent as wide a spread of Americans as possible, they have been adopting despicable practices for the few in order to cling to power and to try to turn back the clock. This is why a very vague slogan like "Make America Great Again" resonated with the conservative masses, though none of them can define what that even means. It is obviously the GOP that is in need of despicable practices. This is a matter of documented record. Democrats are just weak and stupid. Republicans are calculating and malicious.

I would think that when neo-Nazis and white supremacists began showing up at Trump rallies that the conservative masses might have taken a step back and reassessed hat they had spent years becoming.

It sure would be great if Democratic lawmakers would stop being weak and stupid, though.

Back
Top Bottom