• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Republicans again block passage of disaster aid bill

There you have it right there...Democrats these days have to insert their obstruction into everything, and anything, even something that would aid people struck by disaster...Shameful...

So to you, the Democrats are obstructing this bill? Even Trump said he would sign it, WITHOUT wall funding and WITH additional funds for Puerto Rico. Why are you trying to spin this? The obstruction lies entirely with a handful of GOP representatives.

No, I don't, but at the same time, to compare it to household fencing from Home Depot is disingenuous to say the least...

Now, I could say that Trump is actually compromising, and Democrats look rather foolish in their objections to a barrier at the border that the BP says is needed...Why?

The only reason I can think of is those Democrats don't want to be seen as compromising with their sworn enemy. I have no issues with barriers such as proper fencing but a huge concrete wall was always an impractical idea. The majority of drugs come through legal ports of entry and the majority of current illegal immigrants in the country are due to overstayed visas. A huge expensive wall will not fix those issues.

This is off-topic, but that's an excellent example of how Trump's die hard supporters defend his nearly constant lies and false narratives.

:bravo:

I keep hearing this repeated. ‘Nearly constant lies” but no one will ever list these nearly constant lies, therefore this statement of nearly constant lies must be a constant lie.

Oh absolutely, but I am talking on a personal level...As personal as an anonymous message can be that is...I would think that starting out a reply to someone by calling them a liar is a point where the reader of that post should stop right there....

I agree with you on that. The personal insult usually keeps me from bothering with the rest of the post. It's uncivil and unecessary.

So to you, the Democrats are obstructing this bill? Even Trump said he would sign it, WITHOUT wall funding and WITH additional funds for Puerto Rico. Why are you trying to spin this? The obstruction lies entirely with a handful of GOP representatives.

Yes, I do think that it is the Democrats doing whatever they can to make sure that Trump doesn't get to claim a victory on anything...Regardless of who it impacts...

The only reason I can think of is those Democrats don't want to be seen as compromising with their sworn enemy. I have no issues with barriers such as proper fencing but a huge concrete wall was always an impractical idea. The majority of drugs come through legal ports of entry and the majority of current illegal immigrants in the country are due to overstayed visas. A huge expensive wall will not fix those issues.

If I recall, the idea of a concrete wall was abandoned long ago in favor of bollard fencing...What democrats did at that time was to continue to refer to it as Trump's wall, and obstruct....As for ports, that was also attempted to be addressed with the last request, and Democrats again refused it...Other areas of immigration such as Visa overstays, and Employment enforcement will have to be addressed on a separate path. Congress has proven that they don't do "comprehensive" so the prudent thing to do is address the problem one step at a time...You want other areas, then let's get this area done and we can move to that...

So...you believe that if I was only nice to the poster, who clearly presented long debunked falsehoods, he/she would have found her/his way to a reasonable path where the real world might actually be found? No, people like that know they lie. And people like that have no interest in reading anything that doesn't jive with their delusions.

Yes, but on the other hand, snarkiness improves nothing, changes nothing. Take the high road. It's easier on the blood pressure.

"Resentment is like taking poison, then waiting for the other person to die." -- Carrie Fisher

:cheers:

I agree with you on that. The personal insult usually keeps me from bothering with the rest of the post. It's uncivil and unecessary.

Thank you, and I will say that I am human and imperfect in that regard, but sometimes it just get's to me....

So, in your mind then it is fine to be part of the problem...Got it.

See, the problem with this sort of thinking is that you start at a premise that you are always right...Wouldn't it be just as easy for your opponent to say the same of you, inserting CNN, or MSNBC for FNC? It's an arrogant position.

In most cases I would agree, however, on a message board you only have the written word to go by. There is no inflection, no view of expression, no way to tell if the other person is being tongue in cheek. Misunderstanding is way too easy...And yes, let's be clear..Assholes declare themselves too.

And who exactly makes the declaration of reason in your scenerio? YOU? If you just declare the opponent a "liar" without making your case as to what you believe they are lying about, then it's just a lazy, trolling response...

As with this right here...Do you have examples? Should I just call you a liar for that statement without evidence of claim?

Again, another declarative statement of your own opinion of others that disagree with your personal views...I'll take it for what it is worth, which isn't much.

And again, you start with the premise that what you believe is the only correct conclusion on any given topic...There is then NO discourse with individuals like that....

Then why the hell are you even here? I mean, if you think that anyone that doesn't agree with you is "delusional" I would think that you have better things, more meaningful things to apply your righteous views to than to the "delusional".... Speaks volumes to your character.

Now YOU'RE the one going over the top.

Seriously, what does this sort of back-and-forth "I know you are, but what am I?" nonsense going to accomplish here, besides creating needless rancor?

No, it's not suddenly. Why the hell do you think we've been shaking our fists for the past two years? It's because he's been defying the Constitution on a regular basis, and you turned a blind eye to all of it. Democrats care about 'democracy' and democracy is founded on our Constitution. When we lose it, we're no longer a democratic republic. The fact that the right could ignore the fact that he's tearing down our two hundred year old laws and traditions is an unspeakable wrong you're doing to all of us.

Yeah suddenly in the last 2 years the constitution matters to democrats.

Nah, trying to proactively, and preemptively legislate against something that hasn't been done is exactly why the founders made each branch of the government equal in power....Pelosi, and gang are trying their hardest to box in the President, and make his Presidency a paper tiger with no power....It's a power grab.

You say "power grab" like it's a bad thing. In Trump's case, it was completely necessary. He is incompetent, and he hires incompetent people whose only qualifications are that they treat him like a king.

Now YOU'RE the one going over the top.

Seriously, what does this sort of back-and-forth "I know you are, but what am I?" nonsense going to accomplish here, besides creating needless rancor?

Probably nothing....You're right....But as I said, I am human....In that whole string of conversation I started out trying to harness that sort of thing, but, allowed myself to be pushed into a devolving back and forth, so I quit it....Now, was it rather childish to stoop to his level? maybe, but in that moment it sure felt good....I keep trying.

This is also irrational. First, one doesn't get to pretend that one is better than "the left" when one celebrates what their side does because the other side does it too. At that point, it has become full acknowledgment that Republicans are morally no better than "the left."

Second, it is not the DNC that has been accused by the Supreme Court for racially gerrymandering. It has not been the DNC that has been politically stacking the courts since 2014. It has not been the DNC that has been trying to adopt Jim Crow tactics. It has not been the DNC that has created laws at the state level to fill a winning Democrat's cabinet with Republicans in order to strip all power fro the executive. All of this has been for the purpose of winning elections from one state to the next wherever the Republicans gained power since 2014. Even at the White House level we see Bush winning in 2000 and Trump winning in 2016 through Electoral College, not popular vote. The GOP knows that they are representing less and less Americans and so, instead of doing their jobs and actually trying to represent as wide a spread of Americans as possible, they have been adopting despicable practices for the few in order to cling to power and to try to turn back the clock. This is why a very vague slogan like "Make America Great Again" resonated with the conservative masses, though none of them can define what that even means. It is obviously the GOP that is in need of despicable practices. This is a matter of documented record. Democrats are just weak and stupid. Republicans are calculating and malicious.

I would think that when neo-Nazis and white supremacists began showing up at Trump rallies that the conservative masses might have taken a step back and reassessed hat they had spent years becoming.

You left out that it is not Democrats who are trying to strip women of the right to determine their own bodily processes through draconian, unreasonable, and illogical restrictions on access to a legal and safe medical procedure.

“But instead of acknowledging that he’d been caught in the act, Van Zandt retaliated against Daily News Bin by changing his rating to something more sinister. He also added a link to a similar phony security company called World of Trust, which generates its ratings by allowing random anonymous individuals to post whatever bizarre conspiracy theories they want, and then letting these loons vote on whether that news site is ‘real’ or not. These scam sites are now trying to use each other for cover, in order to back up the false and unsubstantiated ‘ratings’ they semi-randomly assign respected news outlets. …

“‘Media Bias Fact Check’ is truly just one guy making misleading claims about news outlets while failing to back them up with anything, while maliciously changing the ratings to punish any news outlets that try to expose the invalidity of what he’s doing.”

But Van Zandt accused Palmer of threatening him, and he said MediaBiasFactCheck welcomes criticism. If evidence is provided, he said, the site will correct its errors.

“Bottom line is, we are not trying to be something we are not,” he said. “We have disclaimers on every page of the website indicating that our method is not scientifically proven and that there is [sic] subjective judgments being used as it is unavoidable with determining bias.”

Read more at Phony baloney: The 9 fakest fake-news checkers - WND

In short MBFC is garbage....Just another leftist conformation bias site for people like yourself to confirm their own cynical view....

And on, and on, ad nauseum.

I use that site often, but I've also checked THEIR conclusions via my own research on sites they deem factual or suspect. So far, mediasbias seems spot on. Here is their assessment of WND:

World Net Daily (WND) - Media Bias/Fact Check

From the articles I've browsed on WND, that's accurate IMHO. Here's a list of their least biased sources:

Least Biased - Media Bias/Fact Check

I've found that list to be spot on as well.

Last edited:
You say "power grab" like it's a bad thing. In Trump's case, it was completely necessary. He is incompetent, and he hires incompetent people whose only qualifications are that they treat him like a king.

Yet, NATO partners have agreed to pay more, a new deal is on the table to replace NAFTA, the economy is in good shape, jobs are back, people are more confident in the economy, etc, etc....Either he is so lucky that he is falling ass backwards in success, or the incompetence you speak of is misdirection so that these things can be accomplished, which would make him pretty competent....Wouldn't you agree?

And on, and on, ad nauseum.

I use that site often, but I've also checked THEIR conclusions via my own research on sites they deem factual or suspect. So far, mediasbias seems spot on. Here is their assessment of WND:

World Net Daily (WND) - Media Bias/Fact Check

From the articles I've browsed on WND, that's accurate IMHO. Here's a list of their least biased sources:

Least Biased - Media Bias/Fact Check

I've found that list to be spot on as well.

Ok....Others may disagree, but hey it's a free country right?

Why is that pathetic? It's a valid question in this day and age....

the pretzel logic you Trump supporters will go through to defend/ deflect for your cult leader. That's what is pathetic .

the pretzel logic you Trump supporters will go through to defend/ deflect for your cult leader. That's what is pathetic .

Fail....Blah, blah, blah...Trump supporters....blah, blah, blah....That about sums up your generic attacks....buh, bye now.

If Democrats really believe that getting relief to those impacted by these disasters, then they should take politics out of it, and stop trying to poison every bill that comes up in that regard...Offer a clean bill with no attacks at the President, or his initiatives, and get it done...Instead, they will use these victims as pawns...

BS. How is this not a clean bill? A handful of Republicans are denying disaster relief to millions of Americans in need, solely because the Democrats refuse to include border wall funding in this bill. It's petty and mean.

I keep hearing this repeated. ‘Nearly constant lies” but no one will ever list these nearly constant lies, therefore this statement of nearly constant lies must be a constant lie.

It took me just a few seconds to find this:

Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

Why are righties so averse to looking things up? Are they so afraid of the truth?

Back
Top Bottom