• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

• Total voters
You ought to know who originally said something.....and not relate it to some obscure reference....that nobody gets....that you don't even cite.

Good grief.

You oughta know that a Leftist terrorist group borrowed it.

The Weather Underground is hardly obscure. Your god, Obama was friends with one of it's members.

Good grief.

He also said he was unhappy about the lock her up chants. For like 2 days and then he was good with it.

And he said he interrupted the chant. Watch the video and seriously tell me that he interrupted the chant. He tweeted it, his fans repeated it, he backed away from the podium and basked in the chants letting them soak in and build and naturally fall over something like 15 seconds. To say he didn't like it is just blatantly false and he doesn't get off the hook for this **** just by saying he doesn't like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

He was never going to “get off the hook” with his haters regardless of what he said or when he said it.

That was my point to you.

My comment had nothing to do with the rally. You're the one who brought it up.

Can't help yourself?
Wait, let me get this....yur in a thread....started by X....who is referring to a Drumpf event.....where Drumpf claims he did not like a chant that he created days before.....and I brought this sequence of events up?

WTF is wrong with you this eve?

It's like watching the holy grail witch scene. Rabble rabble rabble. Surprised they didn't suggest taking the duck test.

That depends on whether the price of not winning is greater.

It’s not a sporting event. I know sportsmanship/decency is a ship that has sailed. You woke up late, asking about what happened while you were away. By now you have seen this video of last night’s rally and the President’s defense of his and the crowd’s actions. Can’t be much clearer. BTW Dallas sux!

Wait, let me get this....yur in a thread....started by X....who is referring to a Drumpf event.....where Drumpf claims he did not like a chant that he created days before.....and I brought this sequence of events up?

WTF is wrong with you this eve?

Let's get something straight.

You humped the dog by stepping into a conversation you knew nothing about.

Don't blame me when the dog turns around and bites you.

You oughta know that a Leftist terrorist group borrowed it.
why should I know about some obscure "paper".....instead of WHO WROTE THOSE LYRICS YEARS BEFORE TO A VERY BIG SONG?

The Weather Underground is hardly obscure.
I did not say they were, I said their "paper" is.

Your god, Obama was friends with one of it's members.
Apparently, he isn't my "god", since I had no knowledge of this obscure"paper".

Good grief.
I think it is sad that you don't know "Subterranean Blues" ....and that you are trying to score points on these totally unrelated comments.

Let's get something straight.

You humped the dog by stepping into a conversation you knew nothing about.

Don't blame me when the dog turns around and bites you.
The Irony!

Protip: read the OP.

At this writing, the DP opinions are running 43 (86%) to 5 in favor of decency.

If the chanting saddened me that people could be so despicable to even think that was acceptable behavior, and the POTUS was even more despicable (and not presidential) in allowing it (or likely encouraging it), I am encouraged that the substantial majority of DP posters still have a sense of decency.

Last edited:
No, she probably WILL lose her seat because as I said, she is only focusing on her tiny Somali diaspora, which is 70 thousand people in a district which is maybe two million voters. She won because her Republican challenger actually WITHDREW his campaign before the election and because her Democratic primary opponents only had single digit approval.

Her district is a very reliable liberal district, usually the Democrat-Farm Labor Party, but Omar's district also includes the Jewish diaspora of Saint Louis Park, which I am convinced will field a rival in the DFL.

Here's hoping. We will see come 2020.

It’s not a sporting event. I know sportsmanship/decency is a ship that has sailed. You woke up late, asking about what happened while you were away. By now you have seen this video of last night’s rally and the President’s defense of his and the crowd’s actions. Can’t be much clearer. BTW Dallas sux!

No, it’s not a sporting event, the stakes are much higher. Not sure what me getting up late (and the rest of it) has to do with anything.

It's like watching the holy grail witch scene. Rabble rabble rabble. Surprised they didn't suggest taking the duck test.

"She's proud of Al Qaeda!"

That's a duck test.

From 11:17 EDT this AM

You’ll have to figure out the rest of it.

Ah, thanks. I missed that. I hadn’t just woke up but that really was the first I heard of it.

He said he wasn’t happy with it. That’s pretty clear.

As POTUS he had the "bully pulpit" at his disposal and had more than ample opportunity to explain how the crowd was wrong. As it was he gave them the impression, if he was sincere today, that he approved.

As you can see right here, it isn't enough to disagree with her, she has to be painted as a horrible person, her very existence, a national calamity.

Paradoxically, that is exactly what Trump is.

Trump is always the master of projection. Remember 'crooked Hillary', when it was Trump that was the crooked one? A greater slight of hand and misdirection we have not witnessed since David Copperfield.

Voted Other.

I'm not defending it. I'm not encouraging it. In the face of what has been said about people who don't support the New Democratic Party, I don't care one bit.

As a matter of principle, I think it's a mistake to not fight fire with napalm.

California was lost to the corruption of the Democratic Party, because it never fought back. The Republican Party always took the high road.

BS to that.

If the left wants to fight in the sewer, then that's how it goes. They should expect to reap what they sow.

And all this time, I thought it was the mantra of the democrats "when they go low, we go high". I don't know how you managed to flip that around.

Trump isn't totally responsible for the current racial division. It had been deep seated within the Republican party for decades, going way back to George Wallace. He ran for president twice and everyone knew he was a blatant racist. Compared to Trump, George Wallace seemed moderate. Chaos and racial division followed the Obama two terms because rural white lower income believed they were overlooked (forgotten Americans) and didn't get the attention and focus they felt they deserved. They resented that racial minorities, gay rights and women's equalities were 'getting too much' freedom. They felt their tax dollars were supporting 'hand-outs' to lazy people who didn't want to work, people who just wanted to sit around, do drugs, drink booze and wait for their check each month, a check created out of the tax dollars they paid by working hard.

People need to be honest with themselves, Trump was just mirroring what they had been feeling since 2008 and the election of a black president.

Last edited:
And how did that work out for John McCain?

He came off as a decent man who is more respected in death than our president is in life. 45 said he didn't approve of the chant and spoke quickly from the teleprompter to change the tone but then a few moments later he again said that the 4 elected members of the House should leave the US. He came off as a liar. Sorry.

He came off as a decent man who is more respected in death than our president is in life. 45 said he didn't approve of the chant and spoke quickly from the teleprompter to change the tone but then a few moments later he again said that the 4 elected members of the House should leave the US. He came off as a liar. Sorry.

It’s one thing to say something to the effect of leave if you hate it here so much. It’s another thing to say an American citizen should be sent somewhere against their will.

He was never going to “get off the hook” with his haters regardless of what he said or when he said it.
How dare his haters for thinking the POTUS is responsible for the words that come out of his mouth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom