• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

Did the “send her back” chant go too far?

• Total voters
Oh I don't know if it was too far or not. Certainly not as far as calling a duly elected President a MF or a racist.

How about if they call him a xenophobic, race baiting bigot? Them are fighting words!!

Voted Other.

I'm not defending it. I'm not encouraging it. In the face of what has been said about people who don't support the New Democratic Party, I don't care one bit.

As a matter of principle, I think it's a mistake to not fight fire with napalm.

California was lost to the corruption of the Democratic Party, because it never fought back. The Republican Party always took the high road.

BS to that.

If the left wants to fight in the sewer, then that's how it goes. They should expect to reap what they sow.

Winning an election is an acceptable price for one's integrity and doing the right thing for the country?

This presumes we agree on which candidate is the absolute worst for this country and I’m pretty sure we don’t.

Voted Other. I'm not defending it. I'm not encouraging it. In the face of what has been said about people who don't support the New Democratic Party, I don't care one bit. As a matter of principle, I think it's a mistake to not fight fire with napalm. California was lost to the corruption of the Democratic Party, because it never fought back. The Republican Party always took the high road. BS to that.If the left wants to fight in the sewer, then that's how it goes. They should expect to reap what they sow.
Wow, came to the thread to tell us two wrongs make a right? Bravo! Preach it brother...take the low road , sewer dwellers need visitors too ya know? I can just see it, maybe a collection of poems entitled "Ethics In The Sewer: Where It Belongs, by Ocean515." You don't disappoint...gutter trash ethics FTW!

Last edited:
Voted Other.

I'm not defending it. I'm not encouraging it. In the face of what has been said about people who don't support the New Democratic Party, I don't care one bit.

As a matter of principle, I think it's a mistake to not fight fire with napalm.

California was lost to the corruption of the Democratic Party, because it never fought back. The Republican Party always took the high road.

BS to that.

If the left wants to fight in the sewer, then that's how it goes. They should expect to reap what they sow.

And yet Trump refilled the swamp and fight in it. :lamo

I’m mainly interested in what my fellow righties have to say, but of course anyone can vote. I hadn’t heard or read about it until this morning. IMO, yeah, I think it went too far and I’m glad the President made it clear he didn’t agree with it. It is one thing to suggest that someone leave the country on their own because they seem to intensely dislike it here, but chanting to “send her back,” presumably involuntarily, because we don’t like what she said? That’s not good and we shouldn’t defend it.

Attaching poll.

They were showing Omar the same level of respect that she has shown the president.

The whining over this is just another example of the Left's double standard.

Yup that went to far... Even for a political rally!

Ryan Saavedra
‏Verified account @RealSaavedra

President Donald Trump denounces the “send her back” chant: “I disagree with it… I felt a little bit badly about it… I was not happy with it, I disagree with it”

Ryan Saavedra on Twitter: "President Donald Trump denounces the “send her back” chant: “I disagree with it… I felt a little bit badly about it… I was not happy with it, I disagree with it”

This is an excellent move by @realDonaldTrump… https://t.co/woepM8ewk5"

He said this after getting slight pressure from the right about it. He sat on it for the better part of the day until he was advised otherwise.

Wow, came to the thread to tell us two wrongs make a right? Bravo! Preach it brother...take the low road people, sewer dwellers need visitors too ya know?
I can just see it, maybe a collection of poems entitled "Ethics In The Sewer: Where It Belongs, by Ocean515."

You don't disappoint...gutter trash ethics FTW!

Thanks for sharing. And you even included the usual ad hominem and everything.

But, you illustrated exactly what I was talking about.

This presumes we agree on which candidate is the absolute worst for this country and I’m pretty sure we don’t.

OK, so you're unwilling to answer. The question was about personal integrity. SHOULD McCain have fed that nonsense versus cut it off if he believed doing so might help him win?

In other words, we know Trump is uninterested in integrity, because he's a narcissist. Another way of asking the question is do you approve of his approach, which is there is no bottom if he believes doing something will help him win in 2020?

No, he yelled down at it.
Uh, no, Orange-a-tan was silent at the rally, he did not "yell" any supporters down.

At least McCain corrected his xenophobic supporters. His mistake was letting that dumb bitch run as his VP.

The Weather Underground distributed a position paper entitled "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows".
Uh...huh......but......they got that from....Dylan.
Ur being REALLY obscure.

Uh, no, Orange-a-tan was silent at the rally, he did not "yell" any supporters down.

At least McCain corrected his xenophobic supporters. His mistake was letting that dumb bitch run as his VP.

As far as I know, there weren't any liberals to yell down to at the rally.

As far as I know, there weren't any liberals to yell down to at the rally.

That is a non-sequitur, the point was whether Drumpf in any manner stopped his supporters chant.

Try context.

He said he wasn’t happy with it. That’s pretty clear.
He also said he was unhappy about the lock her up chants. For like 2 days and then he was good with it.

And he said he interrupted the chant. Watch the video and seriously tell me that he interrupted the chant. He tweeted it, his fans repeated it, he backed away from the podium and basked in the chants letting them soak in and build and naturally fall over something like 15 seconds. To say he didn't like it is just blatantly false and he doesn't get off the hook for this **** just by saying he doesn't like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I don't give a **** where they got it from.
You ought to know who originally said something.....and not relate it to some obscure reference....that nobody gets....that you don't even cite.

Good grief.

That is a non-sequitur, the point was whether Drumpf in any manner stopped his supporters chant.

Try context.

That was my point to you.

My comment had nothing to do with the rally. You're the one who brought it up.

Can't help yourself?

Trump should have done what the now-oh-so-hated John McCain did when one of his events got out of hand, and put a stop to ignorance when it happens. He stood back and basked in the glory. He encourages that crap. He wanted that to happen. A decent man would stand up there like all good leaders do, and talk about how great the country is and his accomplishments and inspire people. Not Trump. He relishes this nonsense. I don't care what kind of fake walk back they are trying to do today. It was wrong, it was disgusting, and it make the Republicans look absolutely dreadful and hopeless. It's textbook Trump.

Nailed it.

Back
Top Bottom